OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Snubs: Nelson & Crosby

Don't think B.J. Raji should be there.

Agreed on Nelson. I know it was a longshot but the strides that Desmond Bishop has been making I think he should have gotten some love too.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm pretty disappointed with the Pro Bowl as a whole.

Phillip Rivers made it after leading the league in interceptions most of the season, and leading all quarterbacks as far as turnovers go.

Eli Manning made it over Matthew Stafford. Now I know a lot of people don't like the Lions, as i don't either, but you can't say Stafford didn't deserve the pro bowl over Eli. 10-5 his teams in the playoffs, and Stafford has done much more than Eli.

No Cam Newton? That kid has proved every doubter wrong in the world. He's had the best first season for a rookie quarterback.

Oh what the hell, I guess CJ2K should have made it too since Rivers made it and guys that deserved a shot have been snubbed. And this is why the pro bowl should never be voted by fans. I'm surprised Tebow didn't make it since Rivers got in.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm pretty disappointed with the Pro Bowl as a whole.

And this is why the pro bowl should never be voted by fans. I'm surprised Tebow didn't make it since Rivers got in.
Fans only get 1/3 the vote and the tiebreaker. Players and coaches get the other 2/3 and it is probably a popularity contest there as well. I kind of wish the media would also get a vote, 1 per team. That would further the dilute the fans ignorance.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Fans only get 1/3 the vote and the tiebreaker. Players and coaches get the other 2/3 and it is probably a popularity contest there as well. I kind of wish the media would also get a vote, 1 per team. That would further the dilute the fans ignorance.

Matthew Stafford is one of the biggest pro bowl snubs ever over Eli, and I am still trying to figure out how Phillip Rivers made it. he's having his worst season and he still makes the pro bowl. I guess anything is possible in the NFL.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Every year there are about 5 players on either team chosen over someone much more worthy. Last year Tramon and A-rod weren't on the team when it was first announced IIRC.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What i am pissed about it, that i won't see any of the players in the game if the Packers make to the Superbowl. This is f*cking stupid this way. If i voted of a certain player, i'd like to see them in the game. If MLB and NBA let their stars play in the All star games during the season. Then the NFL can let the selected starters who will play in the SB be in the PB.

I wouldn't doubt that Matt will be a alternate if Pack go back to the SB. I think Nelson should have been selected. I don't think CM3 should have been selected. He had some good plays and plus he had been double and triple teamed all year, but definitely not PB selection worthy. WHy does our kickers and punters get snobbed in PB voting? Crosby should be a starter.

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im surpirse none of you think Bishop deserved a ticket to Hawaii
Bishop: 109 tackles, 5.0 sacks, 1 FF
Urlacher:92 tackles, 3 Int
I guess Urlacher is selected because is Urlacher.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby and Masthay. Although I have to admit, I really couldn't tell you much about the punter and kicker who did get in.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't agree with Raji. Others are fine. Nelson instead of Raji.

Should have been Stafford over Manning.
Raji made it at DL, not WR.
If Jordy, it's instead of Jennings.
Agree for sure Stafford over Elijah.
NO Texans OL made it even though they run block better than anyone.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Im surpirse none of you think Bishop deserved a ticket to Hawaii
Bishop: 109 tackles, 5.0 sacks, 1 FF
Urlacher:92 tackles, 3 Int
I guess Urlacher is selected because is Urlacher.

Well how in the hell did Phillip Rivers get in leading the league in interceptions and turnovers of all quarterbacks? And you know the only reason Eli Manning made it is because his name, he's a Manning so he's special.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Raji made it at DL, not WR.
If Jordy, it's instead of Jennings.
Agree for sure Stafford over Elijah.
NO Texans OL made it even though they run block better than anyone.

Oh God this. What a snub!!! Poor Texans.

Then again it's the pro bowl. Not worth getting too worked up over. Vince Young made it once didn't he? That alone tells you all......

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well how in the hell did Phillip Rivers get in leading the league in interceptions and turnovers of all quarterbacks? And you know the only reason Eli Manning made it is because his name, he's a Manning so he's special.
Who do you think deserve it more than Rivers in the AFC? Flacco, Hasselbeck, Fitzpatrick... ?
You are right about Manning, Stafford should have been the 3rd QB

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, we'll be playin in the Big One. :)

And it looks like the Packers will play the Ravens then.

Baltimore Ravens DL Terrell Suggs said he expects the Ravens will be busy preparing for Super Bowl XLVI, and as a result will not be taking part in the Pro Bowl. "I have no intentions of playing in the Pro Bowl," Suggs said. "I plan on being in practice with my teammates ... getting ready for the Super Bowl."

Staff online

Latest posts