2011 NFL Draft: Round 4, Pick 34, Overall 131 - Davon House, CB, New Mexico State

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Davon House, CB, New Mexico State

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSHMcN2tzM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSHMcN2tzM[/ame]
Strengths:
• Ideal height and bulk with long arms
• Athletic with adequate timed speed
• Pretty good hands and ball skills
• Willing tackler and will support the run
• Tough, aggressive and very physical
• Gets a good jam at the line of scrimmage
• Competitive with a short memory
• Durable and has a lot of experience

Weaknesses:
• Lacks fluid hips and doesn't transition well.
• Questionable instincts and awareness
• Struggles to run downfield with speedy wideouts
• Allows separation and lacks a burst to recover
• Did not always face elite competition

Notes:
Was a four-year starter for the Aggies --- Named 1st Team All-WAC in 2009 and 2010 --- Brother, Tyreace, plays pro baseball in the Oakland Athletics minor league system --- Returned three interceptions for touchdowns during college career --- Became just the fifth player in program history to be invited to the Senior Bowl --- Hampered by an ankle injury as a senior but played through it --- Best fit at next level may come in a zone scheme where he can face the action --- A battle-tested cover guy with the type of triangle numbers pro scouts look for.

Career Statistics
Year GP TKL PBU INT YDS
2007 13 37 8 4 171
2008 11 40 6 2 42
2009 13 68 13 3 58
2010 12 57 10 2 48
Totals 49 202 37 11 319

Davon House, New Mexico St., NFL Draft - DraftCountdown.com

G

Giggs Legend

I'd be delighted if we go in for Davon House. I'm guessing we will have to trade up to get him in the 4th though. As long as we get one solid player at either DE / CB / OLB today, I will be very happy with this years draft. Can't expect to fill all three holes this late in the draft. DE or OLB is probably the more likely pick but I really like Davon "take it to the" House :)

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Oooo I really like this kid, 6'1'' good hands, good tackling, good speed, a possible starter in 1-2 years.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a steal! 4th rounder with 2nd round talent? I'll take it. He doesn't have to play right away and will come in as 3rd corner occasionally to keep the rotation fresh.

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seems like a good pick, kind of alarmed me when mayock said he has problems with keeping his eyes out of the backfield, said he may get burned. but i think we have the right players at that position (woodson, williams, even sheilds) to coach this kid up and teach him how to be a pro. i also trust out coaching staff.

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers' draftee House ready and willing to make an impact

Asked if he felt he was better than some of the cornerbacks picked ahead of him in the NFL draft, he said, "Most definitely. I know I am. No doubt about it." The question, then, is why did House last until the fourth round?

Source: JSOline.com

NFLroughdraft

Cheesehead
Reaction score
House was one of the best picks in the entire draft (not just for the Packers). He's a big physical corner and I was shocked that he fell to the 4th round.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I wonder why he fell also, but I'm not concerned about it. If Ted like him I think we stole him. He could not have fallen to a better opportunity for him. Sit and learn behind the great Woodson? Lucky player.
You have to figure other teams considered him "developmental" and it's hard to pick one of those 2nd or 3rd round UNLESS you are the world champions.
Nice!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
You know those are some serious weaknesses listed in the first post, especially the hips and instinct. Hopefully we taught him well enough. Love the idea that we might have found a Woodson replacement, but so far I have yet to see enough to spark my interest

yallniggascheesewiz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His movement wasn't smooth due to his ankle injury. Green Bay coaching staff says he plays well in practice, good work habits, and takes care of himself. He had an unfortunate injury last year, but he is primed for a comeback with a year under his belt. I hope to see him jostle Shields for the nickel position this year.

Members online

Latest posts