2011 NFL Draft: Round 3, Pick 32, Overall 96 - Alex Green, RB, Hawaii

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Alex Green out of Hawaii
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK0VmrZIGSI"]YouTube - Alex Green - The Draft's Top Big RB[/ame]

Strengths-Has excellent size and frame. Runs hard with excellent balance. Shows quick feet and hits the hole with authority. Is an excellent pass catcher. Has the burst to get to the corner and shows good change of direction skills. Almost always falls forward for extra yardage. Good ball security in traffic. Is not afraid to lower his shoulder.

Weaknesses-Seems to have trouble creating his own yards. Questionable vision and instincts. Dances a little too much from time to time. Average speed. Is not a great open field runner. Needs to do a better job getting his pad level down. Is a poor blocker and will need to totally rework this aspect of his game.

NFR Draft Analysis-Green benefited from playing in the spread attack at Hawaii. When he ran the ball there was usually plenty of room to roam. He caught some eye’s at the East-West Shrine week and again at the Combine. Green should develop into a good 3rd down back as soon as he gets his blocking game down. He should come off the board in the late 4th round of the 2011 NFL draft.

NFL Comparison-Mewelde Moore

Stats Overview Rushing Receiving Fumbles
YEAR ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
2009 86 453 5.3 44 2 11 98 8.9 32 1 0 0
2010 146 1199 8.2 71 18 27 363 13.4 66 1 0 0

2010 (Senior): Named honorable mention All-American by SI.com…also selected second-team all-WAC…rushed for 1,199 yards and 18 touchdowns…became the first UH running back to eclipse the 1,000-yard mark since 1992 and his total is the second highest single-season mark in school history…rushing touchdown total tied the school’s single-season record…school-record 327 yards on 19 carries and three scores in win at New Mexico State (Nov. 27), breaking a 60-year old record…after that performance, earned WAC Player of the Week honors and Capital One Impact Performer of the Week…rushed for 172 yards on 14 carries and four TDs in win at Utah State (Oct. 23)…also named WAC Player of the Week following that performance…rushed for 96 yards and three scores at Fresno State (Oct. 9)…ran for 107 yards at Boise State (Nov. 6) and 136 yards against UNLV (Dec. 4)…rushed for 100-yards or more four times.

2009 (Junior): Played in all 13 games at running back…rushed for 453 yards and two touchdowns…was the team’s second leading rusher…caught 11 receptions for 98 yards and one score…returned one kickoff for 17 yards…rushed for a career-high 110 yards on 10 carries against Utah State (Nov. 7)…had 81 rushing yards on career-high 14 carries at San Jose State (Nov. 21)…busted loose on 44-yard TD scamper against Washington State (Sept. 12)…career-long 32-yard reception against Wisconsin (Dec. 5).

Prior To UH: Attended Butte Community College in Oroville, Calif., for two seasons…helped lead team to the 2008 national championship after a perfect 12-0 record…team claimed California Community College Athletic Association championship and NorCal Conference title…led the team in rushing with 1,037 yards and 14 touchdowns during the regular season…also scored two receiving touchdowns…rushed for 119 yards on 27 carries in national championship game against Mt. San Antonio…a first-team all-league and all-region running back…team’s second-leading rusher as a freshman with 519 yards and three touchdowns…named bowl MVP in both freshman and sophomore seasons…teammate of current UH defensive back Lametrius Davis.

http://thenationalfootballreport.com/2011/04/19/2011-nfl-draft-profile-alex-green/

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
something defensive or another o-line is perfect. we dont need a qb, wr, rb, or a te

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I want Drake Nevis, a DE/DT from LSU. Would make a great 5-technique in our system.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Ted hasn't made a move yet. I bet his trigger finger gets itchy this round and he does something, whether it be up or down.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike Maylock said best pass catching RB in the draft

He also said rich get richer..

Meaning Packers have done very well in the draft

packerstl101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was hoping we would get a RB sometime in the draft. i know it is not the top priority but i think its still a good pick

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Just watched some highlight reels. This guy is the anti-BJax. He's a pure vertical runner who has great vision and no hesitation hitting a whole when one opens in front of him. (Then again, BJax rarely had any holes open up, haha)

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT knows something we dont.

Yeah, I guess, I mean it never hurts to have depth.

Though, I personally thought that OLB was more of a concern, and RB was something reserved for the 4th round.

Just watched some highlight reels. This guy is the anti-BJax. He's a pure vertical runner who has great vision and no hesitation hitting a whole when one opens in front of him. (Then again, BJax rarely had any holes open up, haha)

Well, we have Sherrod, so we won't have to worry about holes not opening up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts