2011 NFL Draft: Round 2, Pick 32, Overall 64 - Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I just think it was a decent way of illustrating that he's quicker than he is fast.

No need for all the insulting smileys.

Dont compare Madden to real life..It is insulting to real football :happy0005:

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also love this pick and the season can't get here fast enough. He adds a new wrinkle to the offense packages with end arounds, maybe even a few wildcat formations, etc.

He doesn't need to run elaborate routes, just get him out in space and let him make a play. When you add his return skills it's just a bonus.

:happy0005:

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I also love this pick and the season can't get here fast enough. He adds a new wrinkle to the offense packages with end arounds, maybe even a few wildcat formations, etc.

He doesn't need to run elaborate routes, just get him out in space and let him make a play. When you add his return skills it's just a bonus.

:happy0005:

he has a good attitude, has a multitude of skills, he is a guy that can make any play a big play. sounds like what we need

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i loooooove this pick, i was sitting there at the beggining of round 2 hoping that either titus young, torey smith, or cobb would fall to us. mostly cobb. i have heard nothing but good things about him, he is so versitile, he could (and will) be out punt/kick returner, number 4 reviever behind jennings, driver, and nelson, he could play running back if needed, hell he could even be our emergency 3rd qb. i hope the pack put in a few wildcat plays for this guy, make this offense almost impossible to stop.

im so excited for football season now, the draft is usually when i can smell the season lol REPEAT

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb is way faster than Dexter McCluster. I hope you were kidding there.

Uhhhh no comment there. From these videos, he does not look faster than mccluster sorry. I don't rate 40 times I look for on field speed with pads and he just doesn't the break away speed most his size do. I'm not saying he's slow or he sucks just though it was a bit of a reach. Relax ppl no need to jump down my throat. Makes me giggle. Jess don't listen to them I know exactly what your talking about. Was a pro gamer for mlg for a couple years lol

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I LOVE THIS PICK. Cobb is a highlight waiting to happen. He'll play WR, RB and return kicks. In the Packers offense, Cobb should rack up the YAC.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uhhhh no comment there. From these videos, he does not look faster than mccluster sorry. I don't rate 40 times I look for on field speed with pads and he just doesn't the break away speed most his size do. I'm not saying he's slow or he sucks just though it was a bit of a reach. Relax ppl no need to jump down my throat. Makes me giggle. Jess don't listen to them I know exactly what your talking about. Was a pro gamer for mlg for a couple years lol
Doesn't have breakaway speed?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i09R28AWgFU]YouTube - Randall Cobb 2010 Highlights[/ame]
0:50 mark
2:29 mark
4:50 mark
5:35 mark

All plays where he shows breakaway speed and ends up with a long TD.

If after that you still don't think he has breakaway speed, I got nothing else to say to you.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's plenty fast. He ran what, a 4.45 at the combine? That's fast enough. And he gets to his top speed so quickly.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the only real difference between our 1st or 2nd receiver and our 4th receiver is the little video clip at the beginning of a prime time game where they say their name and what school they are from? We usualy have 3 or 4 receivers out there, and even when we only have two everyone gets rotated through anyways.

Also, with Cobb not having "elite" speed... the same is said about Jennings.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the only real difference between our 1st or 2nd receiver and our 4th receiver is the little video clip at the beginning of a prime time game where they say their name and what school they are from? We usualy have 3 or 4 receivers out there, and even when we only have two everyone gets rotated through anyways.

Also, with Cobb not having "elite" speed... the same is said about Jennings.

Yeah, our receveivers, with the exception of Jennings, and even him, are interchangeable.

Their characteristics are different, but they all do the exact same things. You can line any one of them anywhere and ask them to run any route.

As for Cobb, I haven't seen any game from him, all I know are from the highlights.

But he doesn't show the ability to be a deep treat, and I think that's what people are reffering to. Jennings is a burner, Jones is a capable deep treat and so are Driver and Nelson, but Cobb doesn't appear to be an outside receiver.

That's different from being fast, though. Wes Welker doesn't play on the outside, but he's borderline uncoverable.

A closer comparison is Percy Harvin. You almost never see him lined up outside, or running deep patterns (though he is better at that than Cobb), but he's so shifty in and out of his breaks, and with the ball in his hands, that he's a great weapon.

That's what we'll get with Cobb, a guy that will work the close/intermediate routes, and, with the ball in his hands, will turn into a burner.

Plus, it's too soon to say he's not going to be able to work on the deep routes. He'll learn from some of the best in the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts