2011- Green Bay's 6 Indespensible Players

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers
Matthews (Remember the 2nd half of Redskins game last year, and the Dolphins game? Oh man we were bad.)
I just made that point also, in the Thompson's Most Brilliant Move thread.

I think our fans, in general, seem to have forgotten those 2 games, and just how A) great Matthews was and B) how our pass rush sucked without him. (some fans think this team is all Aaron Rodgers... all we need his him.)

WITH him, we were okay with anyone at the other OLB spot, from Jones to Poppinga to Zombo to Walden. As long as Clay was on his side, we were okay and he scared QBs and the RT.

That's why I wanted to upgrade the other OLB spot because we will have more moments like the last half of the Washington game and the Miami game, where Clay is out.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
This is extremely hard. So many quality and important players on a team loaded with talent.
I really liked what Joe Whitt had to say about Sam Shields, I think him and that backfield is what makes Dom's unit click. Without Sam and Tramon, Wood can't attack as often as he does, and OMG, he's good at it.
I'm really confused why someone would consider Crosby dispensable????
Who the heck would kick field goals?

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Give Masthay 2 tries and he'll hit a 60 yd'er. But seriously... Crosby is not dispensable.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers
Raji
Matthews
tramon
Woodson

Clifton doesn't make my list at all. If and when he is replaced, the run blocking will be much better. Pass protection will drop off a bit, but overall, the Pack will be a better team when he retires.

OP
OP
J

Jasonfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked what Joe Whitt had to say about Sam Shields, I think him and that backfield is what makes Dom's unit click. Without Sam and Tramon, Wood can't attack as often as he does, and OMG, he's good at it.

-Your 1st Point is 100% right. The discovery of Shields is really what put GB over the top (along with the development of Tramon). Without Shields there is no Base Nickel Defense and no Woodson acting as a Wild Card doing awesome stuff.

-As to your 2nd Point, a kicker of Crosby's "ability" are literally a dime a dozen. Not only are there recent college kickers likely as good of better than him but also NFL veteran kickers who could easily replace him. Successful NFL kickers are almost always found off the waiver wire. Very few NFL kickers were actally drafted.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
should we call them out on it?

I mean if they are going to steal stuff from the forum, they should credit the forum.

Anyone want to call up while they are on the air and plug the forum while asking them why they steal topics? I mean I dont have a problem with it as long as they mention the posters and the forum.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
1. Rogers
2. The Offensive Line
3 The DL
4. Woodson
6. Mathews
7 Williams
8 Collins

I chose the O Line and The Dline becuse that is where the game is won and lost. And it takes all of them to work.
On the O Line I would put
1. Clifton. The leader of the Oline and Rodgers Protector

Dline
1. BJ, he's the beast in the middle. Now that Jenkins is gone I see him being the leader.

Without the Lines all of the other play makers cannot be stars.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never like to rank players by importance but as some have already said in this thread I think people are drastically under appreciating the offense and defensive lines. 1 or 2 players in particular. :)

Go Pack Go

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
should we call them out on it?

I mean if they are going to steal stuff from the forum, they should credit the forum.

Anyone want to call up while they are on the air and plug the forum while asking them why they steal topics? I mean I dont have a problem with it as long as they mention the posters and the forum.

I sent email to the D list that day, and no reply.

Just now sent email to the general manger...