2011 Free Agents

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wondering who everyone has on their radar for 2011 FAs?

I feel like Jenkins has a strong shot at returning, the rest of the guys I dont know about being more than a 50% chance of returning.

As far as other FAs I see a few that could be good for the packers

Stephen Jackson
Owen Daniels
Leroy Harris
Leon Washington
Matt light
Champ Bailey

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

I am working off this list

KFFL - 2011 NFL Free Agents

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steven Jackson is my favorite player and you won't see him in the Green and Gold... he will be a Ram for awhile. Plus I believe he is 26 or 27 with an injury history... Ted will just draft at RB I'm guessing.

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmm... lets look at The Pack's history of dealing with big name FA's... I believe the last one was... Reggie White???

Dont get your hopes up too much here...

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmm... lets look at The Pack's history of dealing with big name FA's... I believe the last one was... Reggie White???

Dont get your hopes up too much here...

I guess your forgetting Charles Woodson.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We certainly won't sign anyone else's good players. Let's be real here.

Cullen Jenkins has to be a priority, but his recurring calf injury is gonna cost him millions.
On the flip side, it might help us be able to afford him, and Desmond Bishop. Those 2 guys are key.

Hawk will need to swallow a paycut, or else he'll be gone.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say Hawk is probably gone

Bigby should be gone

Colledge should be gone

Spitz may be gone

Poppinga should be gone

Donald Lee should be gone

Mark Tauscher should be gone

Korey Hall is probably gone

I wouldn't be surprised if they let go of Jenkins and tried to get younger. Let Neal, Wilson, Pickett, and Raji as main four guys stay. Jolly is still gone, of course.

Lee or Bush might be gone.

I think TT could sign 1 proven FA OL, especially if we miss the playoffs. That would be four out of six seasons... Not sure if people are going to wait 3 years on a stable of rookies to develop. I think Lang, Sitton, Wells, and Bulaga are fixutres in the OL next season. Could use a veteran at G or T though and then draft a couple.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see us signing Jolly to a 1 yr contract. It would be no risk really to the packers.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Jolly is already signed. He signed his tender last year and with the suspension everything got pushed back one year. I think the Packers will take a long look at him and see if he is clean and likely to be productive. He is starter caliber and you can always use a fresh body up front.

It'd be interesting to know what shape Jolly is in at the moment. Do you think he's been pigging out? Or trying to keep in game-shape? Are they the same? Haha

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It'd be interesting to know what shape Jolly is in at the moment. Do you think he's been pigging out? Or trying to keep in game-shape? Are they the same? Haha

he is on facebook if you want to take a look or ask him. But your right, its hard to tell whats playing shape and whats out of shape with him.

gino53140

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the last few years cap space has not been an issue there has been more money available then players that why we have seen a few big big deals overpaying players that were not worth it and there is a long list. The packers have built this teem with unheard of depth by the draft and undrafted FA.
[FONT=&quot]If anyone is not convinced this is the right way to go then there is no hope for you. If you cant trust Ron Wolf by now you never will and you are not a true packer fan. The job he has done this year to pull player out of no ware has been truly remarkable[/FONT]

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the last few years cap space has not been an issue there has been more money available then players that why we have seen a few big big deals overpaying players that were not worth it and there is a long list. The packers have built this teem with unheard of depth by the draft and undrafted FA.
[FONT=&quot]If anyone is not convinced this is the right way to go then there is no hope for you. If you cant trust Ron Wolf by now you never will and you are not a true packer fan. The job he has done this year to pull player out of no ware has been truly remarkable[/FONT]

I think you meant Ted Thompson

Members online

Latest posts