Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our best O-line depth chart for next season would be:

LT:Clifton, 23rd overall pick
LG: Spitz, Lang
C: Scott Wells, Dietrich-Smith
RG: Josh Sitton
RT: Tauscher, Free Agent Pickup

I'm sure that Clifton will get banged up and injured again but that should happen at the very least 3 weeks into the season. By then I'm sure our rookie tackle will be ready to take over, it's like how the Dolphins integrated Jake Long and it worked.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our best O-line depth chart for next season would be:

LT:Clifton, 23rd overall pick
LG: Spitz, Lang
C: Scott Wells, Dietrich-Smith
RG: Josh Sitton
RT: Tauscher, Free Agent Pickup

I'm sure that Clifton will get banged up and injured again but that should happen at the very least 3 weeks into the season. By then I'm sure our rookie tackle will be ready to take over, it's like how the Dolphins integrated Jake Long and it worked.

I don't like Spitz or Wells very much, and sometimes I'm not to high on Colledge.

I guess my expectations for the O-line are simply not reasonable.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like Spitz or Wells very much, and sometimes I'm not to high on Colledge.

I guess my expectations for the O-line are simply not reasonable.

If I were the GM, I would do the following

Left Tackle - NEW veteran (block buster trade involving 2 or more players and this years 23 overall pick)

Left guard - Lang

Center - Toss up, Wells or Spitz

Right guard - Sitton

Right Tackle - Tauscher/2nd round draft pick

With Colledge in a back up role

My expectations may also be unreasonable. I really think we only focus on the O-line this year and leave everything else relatively unchanged, we would improve.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

Left Tackle - NEW veteran (block buster trade involving 2 or more players and this years 23 overall pick)

Left guard - Lang

Right guard - Sitton

My expectations may also be unreasonable. I really think we only focus on the O-line this year and leave everything else relatively unchanged, we would improve.
If they want to keep Tauscher they are going to have to pay the man. I am sure he will look at the free agent market before he signs a new deal. There are to many teams the need players like him and with him making the impact he did when he came back his value should be up.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Left guard - Lang

Right guard - Sitton

You are my new Packer forum brother! :)

You are one of the few that is serious about addressing the O-line, so you automatically have my attention and respect.

I've been absolutely brutalized over the past few years on various Packer forums for expressing my desire for severely close attention to the O-line. Let's find out how many Company Men are going to tow TT's line on this one. :)

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The O-Line is a huge problem. Where are all the people saying the O-Line isn't one of the Packers biggest problems? TT definitely needs to address it this off-season whether it be free agency or the draft. Donald Penn, LT of the Bucs might become an unrestricted free agent this off-season. He could help out the Packers O-Line a lot.

OP
OP
GBFANATIC

GBFANATIC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the Vikings, but we may have an advantage next year if they win the Superbowl. If they win, I would assume that Favre would finally retire for good and that leaves Minnesota with an inexperienced or washed up QB no matter which way you look at it (barring no huge trade). Tavaris Jackson can not and will not ever be an elite qb in this league (free agent at end of the season). Chad Pennington is the standout (not saying much) as far as the rest of the free agents are viewed.... Without a star qb, this team will be competing for 2nd in the NFC North and may not even be wild card material. We could very realistically sweep our division! i don't think its to early to be excited and ready for the Packers to.... BRING THE HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE BACK TO LAMBEAU!!!

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the schedule is released?

I'm trying to play another trip to Green Bay this year seeing as I missed out last year, and I could do with at least booking the flights or hotel asap

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts