1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2010 Draft - Round 3, Pick 7, Overall Pick 71: Morgan Burnett

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by robdog, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 37 / -8
    sooo hes bob sanders?.. he played how many games last year..sorry im just not a fan of safetys that weigh under 200 pounds
  2. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 37 / -8
    so no longer do we need an inside linebacker, outside linebacker, or a corner back.. wow morgan better be one good safety
  3. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Let me rephrase that, we don't really need someone to come in and start away. You're perfectly right in that we need another OLB and CB but I see some really good ones still available. No loss if there's still value left on the board.
  4. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings Received:
    +77 / 4 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I think TT paniced when Mays was taken, and he probably felt that this was the last S on the board that had starter written on him. I like his ball-hawk skills he should fit right in with collins and woodson. As long as he puts on a little wait, and is willing to support the run, he could play next to collins for the next 7-8 years.
  5. MelrosE

MelrosE Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well said. I don't think he's 'taking plays off'. There is a think called cariovascular conditioning, which he may have lacked, but at the professional level and with guys like you said (Woodson, Harris) he won't have the time to rest.
    In my eyes he's going to be a star.
  6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    He's 210...

Don't overreact, man... The guy had 14 ints in 3 years at college... That's just ridiculous...

He's not a GREAT run supporter. He tackles well, but takes some bad angles at the LOS.

But he's a playmaker, ballhawking S...

Lots of scouts rated him as the 4th best S, behind Berry, Thomas and Nate Allen (yes, ahead of Mays).
  7. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 37 / -8
    oh wow i saw a sight that had him listed as 5"9 189.. big difference now lol
  8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3,428 / 81 / -25
    Is there any pick you like? Sorry it just seems you tend to rip TT for every pick he has made in the past two years.
  9. Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I see where Spanish Rose is coming from ivo... that was a tough draft to watch for someone who wanted to see a corner or outside linebacker. Ted did what he always does... goes for the hidden gems. The only "sexy" pick he had was Bulaga and he fell in his lap. His picks are generally safe... that said...

I really don't feel like we address the most glaring weaknesses. I loved the offensive line picks, but on the defensive side of the ball... I don't know that we got that much better for 2010. My major goal for the draft was to bring in someone to compete for the Nickel packages...and to learn from Woodson and Harris. I like the Burnett pick alright, but I really wanted to see us go get a corner.

So I see why Spanish Rose gets so mad.
  10. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 37 / -8
    yes.. bulaga, burnett makes sense now, newhouse and wilson.. there's four right there
  11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3,428 / 81 / -25
    Yesterday you hated burnett, today he is golden?
  12. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 37 / -8
    there was a size confustion..regardless.. take him away.. and magically you are down to 3.. which is 3 more than you assumed
  13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +979 / 0 / -0
  14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3,428 / 81 / -25
    I meant him ripping Raji, Finley, CM3, Burnett, and pretty much every other pick in the past couple years besides Buluga. I just wish he wouldnt jump on the board dropping F bombs like a 15 year old kid.

If you look at Teds number of draft picks that are still on the team you see he is one of the best at what he does. Its one thing to say, huh I wonder why we took a (insert random position), its another to jump on here and scream the sky is falling the sky is falling!!!!

I made the mistake myself of letting my emotions get the best of me when the whole favre thing was going down, but looking back Ted clearly knew what he was doing, and I dont think I will ever prejudge him to that degree again.
  15. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 37 / -8
    yesss thats much better.. now i feel much better about this pick.. makes perfect sense now

show me where i thought raji was a bad pick.. i didnt know if i wanted him before the pick but once it was made i liked it.. i wasnt even on this forum when finley was drafted.. burnett read above.. matthews is the only one and i completely admit im wrong and i now love him..chico im just voicing my opinion like everyone else can.. because i do it differently dont judge me
  16. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings Received:
    +77 / 4 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I know everyone wanted a CB, I did too, but TT must have some faith in Brandon Underwood, or Pat Lee, cause none of these other guys really show any long term promise to be a #1 or #2 CB. Williams is a fine #3 CB but he is too unreliable to put out there every defensive snap of the game. Either that or He is going to draft a CB #1 or #2 next year which is fine, as long as Harris is back for 1 more year we should be ok. However the case can be made that SS is a way bigger need than a CB project. Bigby was great for that one season, but I havent seen him lay anyone out for 2 years, or catch up to anyone from behind, ever.... Look how harris and woodson helped Nick Collins, A lot of people didnt like the nick collins pick. I like burnett more than eric berry or earl thomas for a SS.
  17. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't go that far and say Burnett over Thomas or Berry but I see where you're coming from in that I also believe Burnett had as much upside. I think Burnett may have been the best pick considering where we took him.
  18. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3,428 / 81 / -25
    your right you do do it differently. You throw out profanity and crazy talk before thinking, please just calm down first before typing something. Just checking to see what the size of the player or what position he plays would do alot of good.

as requested you bashing raji

as requested, you bashing Finley.

19. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Morgan Burnett should be a good pickup and hopefully he has the ability to play in both safety spots. I feel this one is a steal and he could've went higher so lets see how he pans out.
  20. Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Anyone notice what number Mr. Burnett will be sporting? #42 baby... another #42 in the making?
  21. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I have a feeling TT will draft a CB in the 1st round next year. Actually, depending on how Brad Jones does this season, I can see us going CB and outside linebacker in the first two rounds. I guess it would depend on who was available as far as which one would go 1st. Of course we are so far out from that right now....its all just speculation.
  22. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Next year's draft is loaded with 1st round caliber CBs: Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukamara, Ras-I-Dowling. My favorite would be Dowling considering he does EVERYTHING (Tackle the RB for a loss, get into the backfield n pressure the QB, INTs, etc. etc.)
  23. lancer84

lancer84 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    My hope is Amukamara. But whomever it is...he must be there through 31 other picks :happy0005:
  24. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I like the sound of that Lancer!

There is still a lot of time left for FA stuff and teams cutting players and other teams picking them up. I do think that CB will be definitley addressed then or in next years draft however.
  25. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    The Packers are deep, but there are also a number of places they could go with their first pick next year. TT has pretty much neglected the offensive skill positions the past two years and I would not be surprised to see him pick a RB or WR next year. You build a great team by picking for value - grabbing the best available player each time you pick. RB, WR, CB, OLB would all be good choices.

I think the CB and OLB starters are fine, but there is a depth problem at each position, I believe. They will definitely want to upgrade the backups, but I would not reach just to pick an OLB or a CB. Harris is probably done or has only one year left; Poppinga needs to be upgraded now, but they can probably live with him another, if needed.