2009 Upcoming Year and Team

Reaction score
This is what i say we should do For the 2009 team. I think we should Get rid of The Def Cordinatior and get a def cordinatior like the giants who knows how to pressure the qb.Then we will get all are Defensive men Back Nick Barnett Cullen Jenkins Etc... Then We get A defenive end in the Draft for the Montgomery Thompson spot. We use are First round Draft Pick there. Then The rest of are picks we concern on O line and Defense. Then i say The Big Change Would Be Is that I would go to a Split Back Form like Cariolina . Ryan Grants Good its just That i think hes not good enough to get all the carries. Brandon Jackson Is a rising star if u look at him from his rookie year to this year hes gotten alot better you didnt see him that much this year except on screen plays and 3rd and long plays. But when Grant got Hurt for a quater or a couple possesions when he was doing real well i think it was against the bears. Brandon Jackson came in andgot like 80 90 yards on 10 carries. And some times when Grant would Run ed hit the whole hard and fast as possible but when jackson he would wait for the hole to develop and then hit it. I didnt think much of him his rookie year but hes developed alot more since then. Soi think we get a new def cordinatior get every one healthy and staying healthy and give Brandon Jackson More touches. The packers will clynch the division for sure maybe a first second round bye 13-3 12-4 11-5 record should be gaurenteed next year. Because Aaron Rodgers is a BEAST! :)

OP
OP
Aaron rodgers is god
Reaction score
Heres Brandon Jacksons Stats 2007 stats 75 touches 267 yards 3.6 yards average This year 45 touches 248 yards 5.5 yards average Ryan grants average this year 3.9 Plus Packers O line is a pass defense not a running o line like the vikings

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the split back idea too... no need to let Grant pound the ball 25 times for 72 yards anymore. Get a little change of pace going!

Diltzy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
I like the split back idea too... no need to let Grant pound the ball 25 times for 72 yards anymore. Get a little change of pace going!

They heck with split between Grant and Jackson, bring in Wynn and get him just as many touches in a game. All three of the backs have their strong points. Who cares if they're not racking up personal bests, and thousand yard seasons all the time, as long as the group is running collectively good together. It's for the good of the team.

catchpatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Grant is still number one, but I want to see more of Jackson and Wynn. Jackson in particular seems to be much better at catching passes than Grant.

I want to see the Sizzler do anything and everything within reason to beef up the defensive line. If the D-line gets fixed, this is a playoff team again.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wynn can't stay healthy but Jackson worked hard last off season and I think he began to prove himself. Kid's got talent, I am not sure what it will take for MM and staff to pull back and put him in more of a split situation. The NFL today's successful teams, the best offenses have a split time back situation.

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
Definitely...he murdered my fantasy team.. :rofl:

Lord Football

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see an open competition in Training camp this season for the #1 back. It would not surprise me one bit to see BJ win that one. Also, let's not forget Kregg Lumpkin. He'll be back healthy for 2009 season and Wynn could very easily be cut or put on the practice squad again. Apparently Wynn has a reputation of being lazy (just based on what I've read on other forums). I suppose GB could keep 4 RBs on the active roster also.

catchpatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do want to see more of Wynn and Jackson, but I think Grant is still the number one back. The O-line didn't do nearly as well run blocking in 2008 as 2007, and I think Grant will look better once the line stops being a revolving door.

All of that is just details, though. The Packers #1 need this offseason is to solidify their defensive line. If they do nothing else, they need to get the defensive line working. All of their other problems are trivial in comparison.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, we need more pressure on passer if you are going to play man coverage. Left the DB's stranded too often plus they seemed confused about what they should be doing. We should have made Bates head coach. Where we pick we should be able to get a good pass rushing DE. Where was Kampman all year, did not see him in many plays. In draft we also need some OT to look at replacing Clifton and Tauscher, their age is showing.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
catchpatch said:
I'd also like to see a real backup quarterback. Right now, an injury to Rodgers is instant death for the Packers.

Hopefully Brian Brohm learns the playbook, works his @ss off, and becomes a reliable #2. The guy was talked about as the 1st overall pick in the 2007 draft if he would have come out early. QB's usuallyl need a year of seasoning.

Members online

Latest posts