2009 SCHEDULE

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anytime you lock in a good QB, your franchise is not on the decline. It is a good move for that team to get a pro-bowl QB, even though I think they gave up to much for the Culter. So with that said, it is a step in the right direction, but it is not going to push them to the top by no means.

a_rodg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
judging by our sched now, i expect something around 10-6 or 9-7

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same here.

I hate living in Canada.

I did go to a Dolphins-Jets game when I was down there. I also went to the Capital One bowl a while back when it was Wisconsin vs. Arkansas.

Met a couple cheeseheads there, so it was pretty good.

favrefan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that canada was nice. It would suck to be so far away from the NFL, but tell me this. What is the CFL like. I noticed that the goal posts are in the front of the endzone like it used to be in the NFL. I mean is the scoring the same or what?

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey shifstysdad...if you hate living in Canada, think about living in Brazil...

Ok, the women are awesome, the weather is nice (sometimes...Sao Paulo rains too much)...but we are miles away for NFL games. I guess I'll just have to wait until I win the lottery or something like that.

At least I love soccer too, so it equilibrates the whole thing.

10-6 or better this year...Go Pack Go!

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that canada was nice. It would suck to be so far away from the NFL, but tell me this. What is the CFL like. I noticed that the goal posts are in the front of the endzone like it used to be in the NFL. I mean is the scoring the same or what?

Well, for the sake of telling you I am a Roughriders (Saskatchewan) fan and a Stampeders (Calgary) fan (they're rival teams, too). Yes the goal posts are in the front. touchdown is six, field goal is 3, extra point is one or two, that's all the same.

With a field goal: if you miss but still get the ball past the end zone, it counts for a point. Something about touchbacks I don't remember.

On punts and kickoffs, there is no fair catch. Instead, they have a 5-yard rule where nobody can be closer than five yards from the receiver prior to receiving the ball. The field is an extra 10 yards longer (every CFL fanatic tells me this is why the CFL is better than the NFL... yeah), the field's also... 5-15 yards wider (excuse my forgetfulness) and the endzones are about 30 yards deep, rather than three.

Offense means more in CFL than in NFL.

OH plus the hash lines are wider apart, like in NCAA.

It's still a good sport, but it doesn't get the money like the NFL does, so the players aren't as good (but can still handle an extra 10-yard length).

Oh, and Danielchile, it must suck that you can't even attend a CFL game, unless Brasil has a league. (Considering you guys and soccer, I doubt it). Although the weather must be nice, since I consider 26C above (which it is right now) very nice and warm and sunny.

Overall I like Canada, It's a nice place to live. And apparently we're ranked the number one place people would like to visit. (Iran was last HAHAHA)

Oh, by the way. Our dollar is getting pretty close to par to the American dollar now. (.92-ish)

Sorry, I guess I went off on a little talk about Canadian current events.

Oh, in case you guys were wondering, I live in Canada's equivalent to Texas; Calgary, Alberta.

Oil rich and big on cowboys (anyone ever been to the Calgary Stampede?).

Our American sister-city is Phoenix, AZ (I think this is because a lot of he houses down there are owned by Calgarians)

Okay, I'll stop, 'eh?

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You ever been to a Packer Game or even a NFL game danielchile?

I've never been to the US, man. I've an uncle who lives in VA and maybe I'll visit him...though, I don't know when LOL.

Shiftysdad, here the big thing is Soccer. Great teams, great players...but the big money is in europe so it's kind of sad that young great players are sold to european teams that can afford to pay way better. (WAAAAAY).

Football is growing here...there are some teams, but the majority of them are Flag Football (yeah I know the joke...*** football)...but that's because the equipments are too expensive (this is getting really sad aHUAhuahUHA...so I've gotta say...we are not THAT poor, but it's expensive because you gotta import them, pay the taxes...all that stuff)

And I love two things about Canada...Belvedere and This Is A Standoff.

And we will sweep duh damn bears! (I needed to say something about our schedule)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, there's more in soccer than just cheapness... But it's the main reason why there are so much talents... You don't need much to learn soccer... And it's a chance for very poor kid to have a better life, if they're talented.
-
About the schedule, like I've said early, if the Oline and the Dline can make progress in time, we could even get home-field advantage, at least until the Championship game...

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PRESEASON
Saturday, Aug. 15 ... Cleveland Browns (Gold pkg.) ... 7 p.m. (state)
Sat., Aug. 22 ... Buffalo Bills ... 7 p.m. (state)
Fri., Aug. 28 ... @ Arizona Cardinals ... 9 p.m. (state)
Thurs., Sept. 3 ... @ Tennessee Titans ... 7 p.m. (state)

REGULAR SEASON
Sunday, Sept. 13 ... Chicago Bears, 7:20 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Sept. 20 ... Cincinnati Bengals (Gold pkg.) ... Noon (CBS)
Sunday, Sept. 27 ... @ St. Louis Rams ... Noon (Fox)
Monday, Oct. 5 ... @ Minnesota Vikings, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Oct. 11 BYE
Sunday, Oct. 18 ... Detroit Lions ... Noon (Fox)
Sunday, Oct. 25 ... @ Cleveland Browns ... Noon (Fox)
Sunday, Nov. 1 ... Minnesota Vikings ... Noon (Fox)
Sunday, Nov. 8 ... @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers ... Noon (Fox)
Sunday, Nov. 15 ... Dallas Cowboys (Gold pkg.) ... 3:15 p.m. (Fox)
Sunday, Nov. 22 ... San Francisco 49ers ... Noon (Fox)
Thursday, Nov. 26 ... @ Detroit Lions (Thanksgiving) ... 11:30 a.m. (Fox)
Monday, Dec. 7 ... Baltimore Ravens ... 7:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Dec. 13 ... @ Chicago Bears ... Noon* (Fox)
Sunday, Dec. 20 ... @ Pittsburgh Steelers ... Noon* (Fox)
Sunday, Dec. 27 ... Seattle Seahawks ... Noon* (Fox)
Sunday, Jan. 3 ... @ Arizona Cardinals ... 3:15 p.m.* (Fox)

It's hard to predict this far out how the season will go but I think a healthy Packers team and this schedule should get them to 10 wins this year.
The Pack was just 2 botched field goals from sweeping the NFC North last season in an off-year for the club and they are 13-4 in 3 seasons under Mike McCarthy vs. the Bears, Lions & Vikings.
The tough game will be the Monday nighter at Minnesota in Week 4. However, the worst case scenario is for a 3-3 split vs. the division; but matching the 4-2 of the two previous seasons isn't beyond reach.
The NFC West should help pad the record. Seattle & San Fran. at Lambeau should make the Packers favorites, the Rams are no longer the greatest show on turf so winning at St.Louis is a pretty good prospect. The season finale at Arizona will depend on what motivations the Cardinals have to play to win. The Packers should do at least 3-1 in these games.
The AFC North matchups should have the Packers at least 2-2.
The Dallas & Tampa Bay games could be the ones that make or break the Packers for a return to the playoffs this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts