2008 season- my take

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sux that Favre is gone , lotta great memories- superbowls - mvps crazy plays great plays - iron man - but being a life long Packer Backer (42 yrs) im looking foward to the upcoming season. Rodgers has a good rb and wrs and def and kicker, so all he has to do is manage the game make plays and dont force it and the Pack will be playoff bound possible super bowl- our young guys will do nothin but get better . I'll still follow Favre and hope he does good , but the Pack is Back for a run at the super bowl !

4rules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohiopacker said:
Sux that Favre is gone , lotta great memories- superbowls - mvps crazy plays great plays - iron man - but being a life long Packer Backer (42 yrs) im looking foward to the upcoming season. Rodgers has a good rb and wrs and def and kicker, so all he has to do is manage the game make plays and dont force it and the Pack will be playoff bound possible super bowl- our young guys will do nothin but get better . I'll still follow Favre and hope he does good , but the Pack is Back for a run at the super bowl !

Love your optimism - hope you're right. I'm a realist, and a little dubious of this team's chances.

°Jacob°

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4rules said:
ohiopacker said:

Love your optimism - hope you're right. I'm a realist, and a little dubious of this team's chances.

im sure your a realist not brett favrist, with the name #4rules

mossdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we are better this year than the giants were last year... take that as you will.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I can say is, wait and see. I don't want to make predictions yet. On paper thing look a little iffy, with Rodgers having to get acclimated to being the starter (and leader). But he could just very well, slide into that role the way Favre did in '92.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers will win 11 games and take the NFC North division title.

The offense will be better balanced from the start especally with the running game. I like the 1/2 punch of Grant and Jackson. If healthy, the WR's will be a real strong point and give defences headaches.

D-line health will also be a key. I like our LB's. If the D can create TO's and the team can hold a good plus TO rating I like the Packers chances this year.

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohiopacker said:
Rodgers has a good rb and wrs and def and kicker, so all he has to do is manage the game make plays and dont force it and the Pack will be playoff bound possible super bowl- our young guys will do nothin but get better

I think that's the key, Rodgers needs to learn to manage the game, we don't need him to be the hero, just make smart plays and not make game changing mistakes.

Also, i saw a lot of new members post on this thread, welcome to all of you, nice to get this forum active

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack4life said:
ohiopacker said:
Rodgers has a good rb and wrs and def and kicker, so all he has to do is manage the game make plays and dont force it and the Pack will be playoff bound possible super bowl- our young guys will do nothin but get better

I think that's the key, Rodgers needs to learn to manage the game, we don't need him to be the hero, just make smart plays and not make game changing mistakes.

Also, i saw a lot of new members post on this thread, welcome to all of you, nice to get this forum active

i agree ... he needs to stay calm and play the game ... there are a few teams that dont have great QBS ,, and win games ... we have the talant on bolth sides of the ball ... like pack said ,, just make smart plays ... i think Rodgers could turn out to be a great qb ,, i just dont want to see him rush and make mistakes ... Rodgers has shown groth through out the preseason ,, so i believe he is on the right track .. i know we could be a great team ,, however its just too early to get carryed away ... lets play 5 or 6 and we will have a better ideal where we stand ... GO PACK GO

Members online

Latest posts