2008-2009 Season Predictions

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just My Opinion, Post Yours.

11-5 Overall

Home:
Bears: Win, no mental blocks for Rodgers here.
Lions: Win, not going to cut it with overrated WR's and Tatum Bell
Vikings: Win, remember our defense will only get stronger next year may I state the blowout?
Falcons: Win, I think the win will be close, just have a feeling the Falcons can put it together, dont ask me why.
Panthers: Win, dont want to get into their mess.
Cowboys: 50/50 Win or Loss, if A-Rod would have played the whole game last season this prediction might change.
Texans: Win, I think Grant and Jennings can really pull off a great season and give us a win here.
Colts: Loss, no chance here Manning-Rodgers, no comparison.

Away:
Bears: Win, momentum from last season will drive this win.
Lions: Loss, QB inexperience and a fluke game give or take.
Vikings: Win, our defense will pull it off with inexperienced QB's on both sides.
Saints: Loss, could go either way but we DO have Rodgers.
Bucks: Loss, Tampa Bay has found its run stregnth.
Hawks: Win, beat em last year Grant can do it for us.
Jags: Loss, they are peaking at the right time.
Titans: Win, mobile QB's dont work, sorry.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I want from the season - a Super Bowl win.

What I hope will happen - we sweep da Bears and trounce the Cows.

What I think will happen - We go 11-5 and win our first playoff game but lose our 2nd one.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Home:
Bears: Win
Lions: Win
Vikings: Win
Falcons: Win
Panthers: Win
Cowboys: Win
Texans: Win
Colts: 50/50 but I'll say win

Away:
Bears: Win
Lions: Win
Vikings: Loss
Saints: win
Tampa Loss
SeaHawks: Win
Jags: Loss
Titans: Win

So I'm at 12-4

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're better on the road then at home, dudes. I say Colts, Cowboys and Jags beat us. We probably lose a couple in our division.

10 wins--and I'd be very pleased with that. We should be a 10/11 win team barring injury.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this team has a decent shot at beating the Colts. Sure, Manning will be Manning, but this is a talented defense and as long as the offense is clicking, I've got confidence.

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB still has a good shot as of now. As long as the running game keeps clicking as it did in the last half of the season I can still see 11-5. Just bringing in a new QB doesn't mean the team is going to lose. Look at 2001. Brady wasn't even the starter at the beginning of that season.

sweep detroit, split with Chi, Minn. 4-2
Home wins Atl, Car, Hou 7-2
I will say win 1 between Indy & Dal 8-3
Road wins NO, Tenn 10-3
I will say win 1 out of TB, Sea & Jags 11-5

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
It is way to early to be taking a guess at our record, to many things could change.. impact rookies and there are still some very quality FA out there that could change the landscape dramatically yet..

But I would venture a guess at 9 to 10 wins and a playoff spot..

OP
OP
P

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, it may be to early but our team will not change much next year in the draft. Our picks are so low that any player of franchise changing caliber will be gone and the loss of Favre is the major difference. Just posting this now so we can post updated predictions throughout the year and as the draft goes along and we get more knowledge.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see where in Vegas, right after Favre announced his retirement, the Packers odds for winning the SB went from 12-1 to 30-1.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see where in Vegas, right after Favre announced his retirement, the Packers odds for winning the SB went from 12-1 to 30-1.

Wow! I need a trip to Vegas. :cool:

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really like to make predictions until at least after the draft, but looking at the rest of the division and our schedule next year, as long as Rodgers plays relatively well, I'd say we do no worse than 10-6 and in the race for the division.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really like to make predictions until at least after the draft, but looking at the rest of the division and our schedule next year, as long as Rodgers plays relatively well, I'd say we do no worse than 10-6 and in the race for the division.

Well, we can always have a post-draft prediction thread. We'll see how it compares to this thread.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should be good, I only missed last year by 4 wins....

I will say the same as I said last year 9-7 +/- 1. This past year really was magical, no major injuries, several last minute victories and a dramatic comeback season by Brett Favre. Favre is now gone, the schedule looks tougher on paper and some of the other factors are bound to catch up.

I hope I am pleasantly shocked again this coming year.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just so I can look back next year and see how dumb or smart I was (am):
10-6, win NFC north, one and out in the playoffs.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts