1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2007 Schedule is Tough!!!!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by refpacker, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    On paper, it looks like a tougher schedule than this year but that paper is not worth much.

With the advent of Free Agency, the talent from the draft contributing immediately, numerous coaching changes, etc. it has become extremely difficult to predict months ahead of time how difficult a schedule 2007 will end up being when all is said and done. I have thought as well that it seems when you play a team is almost as important, if not more important than who you are playing.
  2. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    There are too many factors that go into the schedule too look only at who it is we are playing and which teams are home and away.

Do we, for example, play a good team at home that is playing it's second away game in a row. Those are very difficult to win and the home team has a distint advantage there.

The other thing is injuries. If we stay healthy and come up against teams with a lot of injuries to key guys it's a whole different story.

The key is coming back next year the way we left it this year. If our "D" is not all messed up early and playing like they did at the end of this year we won't have to dig ourselves out of a hole the way we did this last season.

Two things we HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS:

1) STAY HEALTHY

2) WIN AT HOME

We do those two things and we'll be fine.
  3. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't speak for Moss, but I have a good feeling he would want to be traded. Don't know Shockey's situation.
  4. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i hope you all know if we draft lynch ... trade for moss ... get a TE in a late pick and Draft some corners for depth ... next year we will be a team to be one of the top teams to beat
  5. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm just glad we get Philly in their white jerseys for once.
  6. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not only be one of the top teams to beat, we should have a solid team for awhile.

I see Favre playing one more year after this, then Rogers should have developed. I'm hoping Favre in his real last year announces it's definitely his last year and goes out in the 4th quarter when we're ahead. I'd like to see Rogers get some playing time.

As for the original title, I'm glad it's a tough schedule. I'd rather have a tough schedule than an easy one so you know exactly how good your team really is. There will be no surprises this way.
  7. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Relying on Manuel to stop LT, that is really scarey.
  8. vegOmatic

vegOmatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There's an error on the schedule. We actually go to Philadelphia 3 times in 2007. :soapbox:
  9. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Three? Hmm

So its not a home game in the regular season, its an away game.
    Playoff game in Philly
    Oh, the SB is in philly too?
  10. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Say it with me folks!

REG-GIE! NEL-SON! *clap clap clapclapclap*

:rotflmao:
  11. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If I were those teams I'd be looking at GB and saying, "damn, that's going to be a tough game because this is an up and coming team." I doubt that the Packers are looking at any team on that schedule and are too worried. If the coaching staff does a good job of preparing their team and getting all those first year players even better, I think the Packers will do just fine. I don't think that schedule is all that tough.
  12. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    we might be an 8=8 team this season again but if we improve, we can not get wiped off the map by teams like philly, seattle, the jets and new england and actually compete with the big teams and maybe that pushes up a win or two

i don't see minnesota or detroit improving dramatically and i dont see the bears being what they were this year...if we can go 5-1 in the division again i think we'll have a good shot to host a game round one
  13. mike_donnelly

mike_donnelly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AFC West is going to be very tough, there are some positives. Broncos have rookie QB (rookie full season as starter anyway) , Chiefs don't have Green and LJ might be beat up after last season.

Why do we have St Louis again? Is it because you get an entire NFC conference, and then 1 each from the remaining 2?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.