2007 Salary Cap Money

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
none of those guys should get an extenshion

Bigby should walk? You, sir, are crazy.

i never said let him walk. I would just let him play the rest of the season and hope he stays healthy.

i do feel Rouse is a talent that will make his way onto the playing field. if not this year, then next. you have collins, bigby, and Rouse at S. rouse and bigby both seem like they would play SS. so........bigby may have some competition for his job...........that is all i am saying

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaronstory said:
dhpackr said:

i never said let him walk. I would just let him play the rest of the season and hope he stays healthy.

i do feel Rouse is a talent that will make his way onto the playing field. if not this year, then next. you have collins, bigby, and Rouse at S. rouse and bigby both seem like they would play SS. so........bigby may have some competition for his job...........that is all i am saying

Rouse is being played at most of the time at Free Safety which is Nick Collins spot. So Bigby has kind of been on his own at SS. He's also on pace for 120 tackles this year and already has 2 forced fumbles and an INT. I'd say he's earned an extension.

I do like Rouse too but I think he's going to replace Collins in the near future based on we're they're playing and how Collins is currently the weaker link of our starting defensive backs.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Aaronstory said:
dhpackr said:

Rouse is being played at most of the time at Free Safety which is Nick Collins spot. So Bigby has kind of been on his own at SS. He's also on pace for 120 tackles this year and already has 2 forced fumbles and an INT. I'd say he's earned an extension.

I do like Rouse too but I think he's going to replace Collins in the near future based on we're they're playing and how Collins is currently the weaker link of our starting defensive backs.

i still feel bigby may be a bit of a liability in the passing game. seems that many TE have a pretty good day w/popinga and bigby covering on defense.

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaronstory said:
dhpackr said:

Um, but by not extending him (which is what you advocated in your first post) you let him become a free agent - therefore "his job" could be anywhere in the NFL. Not to mention, I don't think you appreciate the level that Bigby is playing at. He is becoming one of the better safeties in the league. You don't let guys like that go.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure i'd like to re-sign Bigby. To a 7 year 30 mil contract?? Uh, no. What has he proven other than not being a liability in the first 6 games of this season? Doesnt exactly mean he is a superstar especially since he doesnt have to help Harris and Woodson. Take a wait and see approach with Atari. 6 games does not a career make.

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
dhpackr said:
Aaronstory said:
dhpackr said:

i still feel bigby may be a bit of a liability in the passing game. seems that many TE have a pretty good day w/popinga and bigby covering on defense.

The one play he got beat on was the 'force out' call against Olsen in the End zone. He was right there - it was just a great play by the TE.

Collins has been the horrible one against TEs this year. He has regressed badly, and I would not be surprised to see Rouse challenge him next season. (I wrote about this here.)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Sure i'd like to re-sign Bigby. To a 7 year 30 mil contract?? Uh, no. What has he proven other than not being a liability in the first 6 games of this season? Doesnt exactly mean he is a superstar especially since he doesnt have to help Harris and Woodson. Take a wait and see approach with Atari. 6 games does not a career make.
Thats true....he has made some plays, but could just as easily slip the rest of the season. He hasn't done enough to prove himself long term yet.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see now. We need to sign only perfect NFL players. Players who don't have a single weakness at all. Let me know when you guys find one. One of the better SS in the league is Roy Williams and he's liablity in pass coverage as well. Ed Reed is one of the best defensive backs in the game today and he still can improve in his run defense.

Deion Sanders for example was one of the worse tacklers you could see but he was also one of the best corners and play makers to ever play.

Al Harris lacks speed but makes up for it in his physical ability.

Highly unlikely Bigby asks for 6 years and 30 million to come back. If he does then sure let him walk. I'm guessing he comes back for a contract maybe slightly more than what we gave Manuel.

I do agree that 6 games doesn't make a career but I'm not anticipating Bigby's demise anytime soon. I think in the off season GB has to extend the guy.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I agree. At this point, all signs point toward extending him. Of course, I don't that will happen anytime soon, so we still have plenty of time to make our decision. At this point, it's purely speculation on our part, but if he maintains his level of play, he WILL be back.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bigby has played 6 games. 6 decent games. i do not think i would extend his contract yet. when the season ends i would offer him a contract if he was healthy and played at a high level.

yes, other teams may lure him away. but he is already starting here, and he already knows harris and woodson, so why extend his contract 6 games into the season.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bigby has played 6 games. 6 decent games. i do not think i would extend his contract yet. when the season ends i would offer him a contract if he was healthy and played at a high level.

yes, other teams may lure him away. but he is already starting here, and he already knows harris and woodson, so why extend his contract 6 games into the season.

i think we all expect gb to wait until the end of season to extend the guys (like with kampman and jenkins).

we're just speculating as to which of our upcoming FA's are worth keeping.

Reaction score
Actually our finance guru Andrew Brandt said that the Packers always use the full amount of cap space allotted every year (Zero posted a thread about hearing that when Brandt was on a local sports station).

So since we have more than 10 million in cap space, I would think the Packers management would extend a player or two during this season.

Perhaps Bigby and Williams will be those two guys.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Actually our finance guru Andrew Brandt said that the Packers always use the full amount of cap space allotted every year (Zero posted a thread about hearing that when Brandt was on a local sports station).

So since we have more than 10 million in cap space, I would think the Packers management would extend a player or two during this season.

Williams on the radio other day when asked if he will be a Packer next year

I hope I am, but it isnt up to me

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

It is up to you to accept the deal the team offers ya

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Williams on the radio other day when asked if he will be a Packer next year

I hope I am, but it isnt up to me

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

It is up to you to accept the deal the team offers ya

Well, if the Packers offer him 6 years and 25 - 30 million with 8 - 10 mil guaranteed and 2 other teams offer him 6 years and 35 - 40 million with 12 - 15 million guaranteed, what should he do? These are hypothetical numbers. I have no idea what he is worth on the market.

This will most likely be his last big contract coming up. If we need him, we need to step up to the plate, if we can move on with out him then we should.

Members online

Latest posts