2007 Pack

kmeyer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a often forum poster. I usually stay out of the seculation arena, but have had these feelings for the last three months or so and am curious if others here feel the same. None of us really know what we can expect from this team. I expect a defensive oriented team. Yes the last 4 games were against 3 bad team and one unmotivated one, but I still think the def could be very good. Offensively we have Driver and alot of young undeveloped talent. If we rely on that talent, we are in big trouble. This means we MUST run the ball effectively.

I like our line, but have no idea what to expect from our RB's. I don't understand why we don't try to sign Dillon for a 2 year deal. Maybe they have tried and he is not interested, but he seems to me to be the perfect short term answer. With him, who knows what 2007 could be. I think we would have signed Green for 2 years if we could have. We just did not want to go 4 and I agree with that decision. Maybe Dillon is holding out for 4 year deal, but as the season gets closer might settle for 2.

Too bad Marshawn Lynch did not slip to us. He might have been the perfect fit. It will be interesting to see how a few of the RB's we past on do such as Kenny Irons or Antonio Pittman. I would have liked Irons in GB.

In any case, I don't want to sell the farm, but I do hope TT is making some phone calls to try and address that postion.

PS: I'm sure LJ will be brought up here. I like him alot as a player, but am afraid the price tag will be to high. I'm not sure he would be a good locker room fit.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Very well put K; and you will probably see some that agree with your speculation and some are willing to ride out the inexperience on the offense.

But I think the D is going to be very good and if we can stay in games, which we should, the pressure to come back for large margins may take some pressure off the youngsters as they develop.

Playing with a lead is easier than playing from behind in my opinion.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post but I will say I actually feel good about WR. That position would not be getting dogged nearly as much if DD got his due. We have an All-Pro receiver that nobody considers that great and JJ who, when healthy, showed talent way beyond a rookie.

TE is another story but I think the offense is going to be throw first and run second and the WR formations we come at defenses with is going to open up the run game.

A good offense gets there one of two ways. The run game opens up the pass or the pass threat opens up the run. I think we will be the later and thats why they are emphasizing progressions with BF this year.

If he makes the right read and calls the right play and makes his progressions this will be a lot tougher offense to stop than many think it will be.

It will all come down to Brett reading the "D" correctly and making the right call at the line. If he wins that chess match the offense will roll.

Members online

Latest posts