2007 OffSeason Moves

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think an amazing off season which is possible would be for the packer to sign Tony Gonzalez in FA and trade a draft pick for Randy Moss. Then draft Marshawn Lynch in the 1st round and a saftey in the 2nd. Give Al Harris his money to keep him around too.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
won't happen.

It's 'possible' like how 4packgirl showing up at my house nekkid and cooking me breakfast is 'possible' but not probable.

With all the TT vs. Brett crap that happened on this site, I'm surprised people aren't up-to-date on how Thompson goes about things. Gonzo would want more than he's worth(in TT's eyes) and that won't happen. And trade a DRAFT PICK FOR MOSS?!?! He is more likely to trade his first born than a coveted draft pick.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
won't happen.

It's 'possible' like how 4packgirl showing up at my house nekkid and cooking me breakfast is 'possible' but not probable.

With all the TT vs. Brett crap that happened on this site, I'm surprised people aren't up-to-date on how Thompson goes about things. Gonzo would want more than he's worth(in TT's eyes) and that won't happen. And trade a DRAFT PICK FOR MOSS?!?! He is more likely to trade his first born than a coveted draft pick.

But if it only costs a third, I think TT would realize that Moss is likely to be 4 or 5 times the player he could get with that pick. Moreover, Moss has no downside cap risk. The Packers would have given him no guaranteed money so he could be cut without damaging the salary cap position. I think this is the kind of move TT might actually make (assuming he actually would want a guy like Moss - not exavtly a "Packer person").

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are you basing it off that bad rumor of oakland willing to get rid of moss for a 3rd rounder?

I agree, 3rd rounder, do it. But it won't happen cuz thats a very bad rumor.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This TEAM is going to get character players. It's something they've talked about before. Randy Moss while he's one of my favorite players and is great, IS not a great character. If Moss is on a losing team He'll act out. There is talk going around the league that he is not legitimately hurt either and just kind of took off these last few games.

Also fine line between fantasy and reality. We won't have Tony G and Moss on this team next year. Maybe one but not both. It'd cost way to much money for Green Bay and Thompson will not break the bank in one season. He never will.

However I do like the Marshawn Lynch pick but a 2nd round safety might not come in and be our savior. Though I do think competition at the position is what GB needs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Last year seemned to be more defense minded..Kamp, Pickett, Woody, Hawk..

So this year i think the team will stress getting better players in f/a and the draft for the offensive skilled positions..I have a feeling the biggest name to get signed in Gb will be in that area..

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are you basing it off that bad rumor of oakland willing to get rid of moss for a 3rd rounder?

It's a rumor, I'm just not sure it's a bad one (I've heard it from several sources).

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

It's a rumor, I'm just not sure it's a bad one (I've heard it from several sources).

The rumor I heard was that Oak wanted to trade him to Minnesota for a 3rd round pick. As in, Minnesota's pick, #7 in the third round, but not neccesarily ours at #16 in the third. Still, I think even that sounds far-fetched.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't want Moss on our team. We are just building some chemistry, why risk ruining it. Plus if Favre leaves then Rodgers would be constantly criticized by Moss and we don't need that. Gonzalez is at the end of his career and we don't need him.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Lynch is going to fall after the teams interview him, he's a stupid conceited wannabegangster.

Comes down to needs.. Lynch is great but Carolina, Pittsburgh. St. Louis, Arizona, Buffalo, San Fran, Miami aren't going to take him. Similar to Maroney and Williams. They fell because the teams ahead didn't need a RB.

Looking at the top 15. Only Houston and Cleveland have desperate needs for RB. #3 is probably to soon for Adrian Peterson so maybe they trade down but I don't see the Browns moving down and passing on a franchise LT like Joe Thomas or a huge NT like Alan Branch. Even Gaines Adams as an OLB to compliment McGinest in the 3-4 makes sense.

After that the next best bet is Houston whom would take Peterson over Lynch. Atlanta is a BIG maybe but Jerious Norwood looked great this year and Warrick Dunn is still solid. So Lynch very easily can fall. From what I ready he's not much of a gangster so to speak but has a cocky sway. Not sure how that come off but we’ll find out I guess.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
I think Lynch is going to fall after the teams interview him, he's a stupid conceited wannabegangster.

Comes down to needs.. Lynch is great but Carolina, Pittsburgh. St. Louis, Arizona, Buffalo, San Fran, Miami aren't going to take him. Similar to Maroney and Williams. They fell because the teams ahead didn't need a RB.

Looking at the top 15. Only Houston and Cleveland have desperate needs for RB. #3 is probably to soon for Adrian Peterson so maybe they trade down but I don't see the Browns moving down and passing on a franchise LT like Joe Thomas or a huge NT like Alan Branch. Even Gaines Adams as an OLB to compliment McGinest in the 3-4 makes sense.

After that the next best bet is Houston whom would take Peterson over Lynch. Atlanta is a BIG maybe but Jerious Norwood looked great this year and Warrick Dunn is still solid. So Lynch very easily can fall. From what I ready he's not much of a gangster so to speak but has a cocky sway. Not sure how that come off but we’ll find out I guess.

Porky, if aren't already, you should do an early mock draft. Anyone else, bring 'em out!

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree to some extent, i just dont see how Lynch could sit down with TT and MM and impress them with his personality. He's a great athlete tho.

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:

I agree to some extent, i just dont see how Lynch could sit down with TT and MM and impress them with his personality. He's a great athlete tho.

Actually, from what I've heard this is a common misconception. The author of this thread pretty much proves that Marshawn isn't arrogant and conceited as one may assume.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
GakkofNorway said:

Porky, if aren't already, you should do an early mock draft. Anyone else, bring 'em out!

I'm actually going to write a montly one for the site.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't feel its totally out of the realm of possability for the Packers to have Gonzales and Moss in GB, in fact here is a JSonline story talking about it
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=549109

TT needs to win, and get #4 back to the playoffs, or his job will be in jeopardy.

Moss would love to play pitch and catch w/Brett Favre. and imangine Moss and DD together. bottom line is Randy Moss wants to win. If Brett is out there giving it his all, how can Moss quit? I was at the game where randy mooned the crowd. we were all calling him "Buckwheat" and he got pissed.

TT IS GOING TO SIGN A PLAYMAKER ON OFFENCE, he has to.
he needs to win to keep his job.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:

Tell ya what, if Micheal Bush goes full speed at workouts as early as the combine, I'll draft him at #16 before I do Lynch

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted drafts for the future and with aging CB's I think he

gets #2 or 3 CB in the draft, or

because he does not like Lynch,

trades down to pick 20 or 22 and gets Kenny Irons of Auburn as the RB plus a third round pick.

Members online

Latest posts