2007 NFL Draft

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should GB/TT trade to move up? Washington doesn't have a 2nd or 3rd pick; perhaps GB could trade w/ them to move up to the 7 spot?

Also, IYO, who are the top ten players in the draft?? Frankly, I don't see B Quinn or A. Peterson being that special. On the other hand, M. Lynch appears to be a player w/ huge upside and would be my number one pick if I were the Raiders. He really looks like the type of player that could come in and instantly make everyone else better.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are in the middle of the draft at #16.

1 Oakland 2-14 .555
2 Detroit 3-13 .523
3 Cleveland 4-12 .535
4 Tampa Bay 4-12 .535
5 Arizona 5-11 .500
6 Washington 5-11 .512
7 Minnesota 6-10 .484
8 Houston 6-10 .504
9 Miami 6-10 .543
10 Atlanta 7-9 .457
11 San Francisco 7-9 .500
12 Buffalo 7-9 .574
13 St. Louis 8-8 .465
14 Carolina 8-8 .473
15 Pittsburgh 8-8 .496
16 Green Bay 8-8 .500
17 Jacksonville 8-8 .531
18 Cincinnati 8-8 .535
19 Tennessee 8-8 .570

The rest are determined by the playoffs but are currently:

20 New York Giants 8-8 .520
21 Denver 9-7 .531
22 New England (from Seattle) 9-7 .453
23 Dallas 9-7 .457
24 Kansas City 9-7 .492
25 New Orleans 10-6 .461
26 New York Jets 10-6 .469
27 Philadelphia 10-6 .477
28 New England 12-4 .496
29 Indianapolis 12-4 .500
30 Baltimore 13-3 .461
31 Chicago 13-3 .430
32 San Diego 14-2 .457

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch is very possible with that pick. I think trading up to avoid someone trading up to get him in front of us would be wise. I like Lynch as well and I think he'd be a great fit in McCarthy's offense.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure they would pick Landry over Lynch when we already have Manuel, however a 2nd, 3rd or 4th round pick SS would be in place.

However I'm not sure how big need Ted Thompson and the rest of the staff think SS is. I only hope they are realistic.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With TT's approach of maximising draft picks, it seems hard to imagine him trading away lower order picks in order to move up.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like that GB will keep moving up a pick in rounds 2-4. By the time they get the the 5-7th rounds it won't matter as much if they are selecting 13th or 19th as it will in the earlier rounds.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have a fealing ginn is going to slip ... 2nd round not alot of teams are convinced on his WR talents except for the speed ...

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With TT's approach of maximising draft picks, it seems hard to imagine him trading away lower order picks in order to move up.

very true, but the last two drafts we were very low on depth and the extra picks were needed...this year...Thompson's plan is two years in place, we're working out kinks at a lot of positions...maybe he moves up to get that one extra player that can push us over the edge...AJ Hawk was an immediate contributor, but most of the time top ten talent is needed for this type of role in their rookie seasons

but then again after the past two drafts i trust TT's scouting and scouting department...in only two years they've found some small school prospects in 'that Collins guy' and 'that Jennings guy'...and you really can't judge a draft class's full effectiveness until the 3rd season, and we're hitting that only next season

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure they would pick Landry over Lynch when we already have Manuel, however a 2nd, 3rd or 4th round pick SS would be in place.

However I'm not sure how big need Ted Thompson and the rest of the staff think SS is. I only hope they are realistic.

We may see a SS signed in the draft, but not early. Culver gained experience this year and Underwood was on IR all season. If Underwood can return at a high level for next season, then there really isn't as much of a need there. I think that TT will look to upgrade our backup CB position in the draft instead.

As for moving up, forget about it. Yes we got some guys out of the last couple of drafts, but that doesn't mean we don't need to improve our depth. I expect us to stay put for #1 and to see TT trade down in the later rounds for more picks. He will likely try to upgrade several positions and depth across the board.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby's take is accurate. I think Ted will be adding depth to the team. If there are any immediate needs, it's on offense.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yourout said:
This site has us taking Ted Ginn but I am not sold on him as a WR. He may have a bigger impact as a kick returner than a WR.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html

As a diehard Buckeye fan I agree. Not sure how I would feel about taking Teddy Ginn. Great returner and a deep threat, but anything more then that? I don't know....

Anthony Gonzales would be the better pick if both come out and are availabel when The Packers draft.

Gynn may be the better PR and KR, but IMHO Gonzales will become a starting WR before Gynn does. Gonzales already runs the better routes and he makes the tough catches over the middle.

After watching R. Martin against The Bears, I don't know if WR is as big a need as other positions(maybe a TE who can run and catch).

Martin kind of reminded me of Javon Walker, when we played Atlanta a few years ago at Lambeau, although we lost,Javon had himself a day and kind of came of age, I saw the same thing in Martin last Sunday against The Bears.

People have to remember almost any WR drafted can not be counted on making a big impact for at least 2 years, most of the time 3.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i mean with the combination of the last couple drafts and our selection being at 15 middle of the road.

i think Ted is gonna stay the course and draft the best player available.

so if that means brady quinn is around at 15 he will sign brady quinn.
i think to Ted he sees it as we have a good young base being built. and will not pass up any opportunity to get the best player he can no matter how strong we are in a certain area.

of course if it comes down to two or three players with about equal talent he would of course defer to our worst position and draft that player.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is a completely different draft and I doubt TT will handle it the same way as he did in '06.

1) The '06 draft was very deep(one of the deepest in years) and we were lacking depth everywhere. So his move made sense.

2) This draft is not considered as deep or nearly as talented as the '06 draft. How he adapts to it will be interesting to watch. I doubt he will be inclined to trade down for more picks later like he did last year. It's much less likely 6th and 7th rounders will make the squad next year.

The rabbit out of the hat will have to come in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round.

The only one I see worth trading UP for would be the WR from Gtech. That kid is going to be a major impact player and is physically ready to hold his own in the NFL next year. Much more so than the guy from USC.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if he falls to 16 we take Pederson. The guy is a hell of a runner from a big school and we need another talented young tailback. If not Leron Landry would be a great pick as well. I have a feeling they will both be gone though.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My take on TT and the draft thusfar is that more is better. Any player is a gamble. Some are a better bet than others, but we could end up with a bust anywhere. In that consideration, the more guys you draft, the better your chance of finding good players.

There's nothing to indicate that TT will go in any other direction. The 2005 draft wasn't as strong as the 2006, but TT approached it the same way: trading down to acquire additional picks.

Why would he change for this draft? Do you really believe that this team is deep or talented enough that no upgrades are needed?

GO PACK GO!!!

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I reckon the Packers will take Marshawn Lynch if he's available, im really intrigued about our 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks go, these are gonna make or break the Packers draft class.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way TT trades up

Pack stays at 16 and either takes Landry or Jarret, whom ever ia available

if both guys are gone then TT may trade DOWN

Members online

Latest posts