2007 NFL Draft Official Thread

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you guys think we should of went with Chad Jackson over Greg Jennings last year? He was ranked higher. How did that work out? Packers got who they thought was the best for them and got a guy that fits into their system. If you want to follow a team that goes for names more than talent/fitting with the rest of the team then become Redskins fans. They will keep losing but at least it will be more exciting for you.

Actually, I would take Pittman, Bush, or Booker over Jackson, but I explained the decision in the scout report, i.e. fits ZBS etc.

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Jackson is a solid, solid pick. He is tough, doesn't have many miles but has shown he can run hard and put up the yards, he can receive out of the backfield, makes good cuts, fits into the ZBS. He doesn't have a big down side of his game. Safe pick. Good player.

Exactly, but crtics will say they are both reaches considering the rankings. I am inclined to wait to judge this entire draft class. ESPN likes both picks so far.

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our next pick is 78 folks. Time for a break, cheese, wine and company. Good luck.

I'll be back tomorrow...if tomorrow ever comes. Great forum!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think fans pay way too much attention to ESPN and other sports media on rankings of players. They all seem to focus on players from major football colleges and not by pure individual talent. Scouts get paid to check out how a player can play apart from the strengths and weaknesses of their teams. I remember two years ago they were going on and on about this Michigan safety, I forget his name, but people on this board were shouting for him to be chosen and when Nick Collins, who ESPN had as undrafted, was picked in the second round people were angry. Fact is that michigan safety didn't get drafted and isn't in the NFL and Nick Collins is a starter. Showing that perhaps the teams scouts know more than the media and we should give the players a chance to play before bad mouthing their pick. Media ratings mean nothing.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MassPackersFan said:
Brandon Jackson is a solid, solid pick. He is tough, doesn't have many miles but has shown he can run hard and put up the yards, he can receive out of the backfield, makes good cuts, fits into the ZBS. He doesn't have a big down side of his game. Safe pick. Good player.

Exactly, but crtics will say they are both reaches considering the rankings. I am inclined to wait to judge this entire draft class. ESPN likes both picks so far.

The fact that "ESPN likes both picks so far." scares me more than you can imagine.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Justin Harrell was an average pick...Jackson well they could of done better Tony Hunt or Antonio Pittman (Hunt especially) are better than Jackson. Look at the stats Jackson didn't ever hit over 1,000 a senior season might of been better for him.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Strengths:
Has adequate height and pretty good bulk...Has very good hands...Is more quick than fast...Tough, strong and physical...Great leaper...Will work the middle of the field...Aggressive with excellent ball skills...Can contribute on special teams in a number of roles...Gamer who'll step up when it counts...Still has some potential.

Weaknesses:
Lacks elite timed speed...Will probably struggle to separate...He's not a vertical or deep threat...Won't do much after the catch...Only an average return man...Plays too tall and slows down to cut...Concentration is key...Is he a one year wonder?

Notes:
Emerging prospect who really had a breakout season as a senior in 2006...Can also long snap...Has steadily moved up draft boards...He profiles as a backup but could be more...Still underrated but he could be a pleasant surprise for someone.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:
Justin Harrell was an average pick.
I think we should have gotten quinn

No I think when the QB situation comes up we'll find a solution

Harrell is not bad...Leon Hall would of been nice, Gred Olsen, or Robert Meachem

lineman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lineman said:
cyoung said:
Justin Harrell was an average pick.
I think we should have gotten quinn

No I think when the QB situation comes up we'll find a solution

Harrell is not bad...Leon Hall would of been nice, Gred Olsen, or Robert Meachem

Yeah for the past few weeks I was thinking Olsen at that pick, but when you have a potential number one pic fall into your lap like that you have to take it, franchise qbs only come around once in awhile, and I dont think aaron rodgers will be one.

Jakest3r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Justin Harrell was an average pick...Jackson well they could of done better Tony Hunt or Antonio Pittman (Hunt especially) are better than Jackson. Look at the stats Jackson didn't ever hit over 1,000 a senior season might of been better for him.

Understand the fact that Nebraska had a crap O line, whilst OSU had a great offensive line.
Don't look at the stats, that means merely nothing.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I'd have to think TE Patrick would be the pick at number 89, we haven't addressed that position at all.

For TE I'd say take Scott Chandler in the 4th or 5th

....(and Drew Tate for the QB problem)....Ok maybe not

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Strengths: A tall, well-built strong safety prospect with exceptional straight-line speed for his size. He has the size potential to match up as an in-the-box strong safety type in the NFL. Fills hard versus the run and flashes some power upon contact as a tackler. He occasionally will make his presence known over the middle in coverage. Shows good closing burst when the ball is in the air. Also displays good ball skills. He has been a durable player throughout his career.

Weaknesses: Former outside linebacker with some athletic limitations. Does he fit as an outside linebacker or strong safety in the NFL? He is high-cut and shows some stiffness in his hips. He has excellent straight-line speed but will struggle to change directions in space. He does not show the quick-twitch athleticism to match up one-on-one versus NFL slot receivers. He must also continue to improve his angles in run support. He can play out of control at times.

Overall: Rouse appeared in all 13 games in 2003 as a true freshman and made 46 total tackles and three tackles for loss. He saw action in all 13 games in 2004, registering 37 total tackles, including 2.5 tackles for loss at outside linebacker. Rouse started all 13 contests at strong safety in 2005, finishing the season with 77 total tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, four interceptions, five pass breakups, one fumble recovery, and one forced fumble. In 2006 he appeared in all 13 games, with 10 starts, and recorded 57 total tackles, two tackles for loss, one forced fumble, and one interception.

Rouse possesses an exceptional combination of size and speed, and he showed flashes of playmaking ability at the collegiate level. However, while he has first-round tools, Rouse is an underachiever and a positional misfit from an NFL perspective. He doesn't play the game with enough aggressiveness or toughness to project as a linebacker and he makes too many mistakes in coverage to be trusted as a safety at this point. In our opinion, Rouse is too much of a boom-or-bust prospect to draft any earlier than the third round.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I watched his video He looks great...but why does the pack need a LB Poppinga, Hawk, and Barnett worked great. Overall though I like him.

Members online

Latest posts