2007 NFL Draft Official Thread

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OregonPackFan said:
We can get a WR in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th,

we have 8 picks left.

Are we gonna pick at 47 or trade for more pics?

I'm pulling for Jarrett at 47

Sadly, Rice and Jarrett just went by the numbers.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
OregonPackFan said:
We can get a WR in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th,

we have 8 picks left.

Are we gonna pick at 47 or trade for more pics?

I'm pulling for Jarrett at 47

Sadly, Rice and Jarrett just went by the numbers.

But shouldn't the Panthers have drafted Steve Smith just to confuse things? :rotflmao:

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are great...seriously, let us see if this pick addresses an offensive need or by the ratings or TT vintage trade.

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FIGURES. THE PACK DID A NUMBERS TRADE WITH OUR NEXT SELECTION 63 AND 3RD (89) AND 6TH (191)ROUNDS PICKS DETAILS ON ESPN.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
decent trade. i wish TT would have traded with down in the first with denver to pick up another second rounder.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers management fking suck. I cant believe what they have done. No receivers are available. We picked a first rounder in the D-line which is already a strength of ours. We could have had a great cornerback, receiver, tight end, running back. All positions we desperately need but our management is out of their minds and they have just ruined my day. Cya

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
decent trade. i wish TT would have traded with down in the first with denver to pick up another second rounder.

I AGREE. WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE. THE OTHER FORUMS HOPE THE COMING PICKS ARE VERY GOOD FITTING OUR OFFENSIVE NEEDS. WE SHALL SEE.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers management fking suck. I cant believe what they have done. No receivers are available. We picked a first rounder in the D-line which is already a strength of ours. We could have had a great cornerback, receiver, tight end, running back. All positions we desperately need but our management is out of their minds and they have just ruined my day. Cya

The same argument could be made for the first two positions you listed.

Corner-starters settled
Receiver-#1 & 2 settled, likely to get Moss for a 3rd.
TE- Olsen would've been arguably the same reach as Harrell
RB-No one in their right mind would say that there was a good value for RB at 16 anymore.

I was as shocked as anyone else, but maybe.....just maybe, we should wait until the draft is over to write this draft off.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Corner-starters settled
RB-No one in their right mind would say that there was a good value for RB at 16 anymore.

I was as shocked as anyone else, but maybe.....just maybe, we should wait until the draft is over to write this draft off.

BRAVO!

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the numbers...top 50 rated players are gone with Wright excluding Tyler and McCauley and Kalil. My first round WHO WILL THE PACK DRAFT IN 1ST ROUND? poll did include Harrell. Amusingly, no one picked him.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Corner-starters settled

Leon Hall would have completed our secondary. We could have moved either him or Woodson to safety and had one of the best defensive backfields in the league.

Bowe or Meachem would have been awesome picks unless we get Randy Moss which would be alright.

Olsen isnt that awesome but he is much better than anything we have or have available to us.

I would have understood an offensive lineman pick, Brady Quinn.

Hell, a defensive end would have been a better pick for us. What i am thinking is that we will play Pickett & Harrel inside and play Kampy & Jenkins/Williams outside and trade or release KGB. But it just seems like even if we do that, we are NOT really upgrading, just substituting.

We had many glaring needs which needed to be adressed and Harrel adresses none of them. Its a freaking joke and get ready for another 8-8 season at best.

I mean really, our defensive backs could have been the backbone of our team for years to come instead we have 6 defensive lineman but we can only play 4. Very bad draft by the Packer management. At least trade the pick and get what we need instead of blindly taking "the highest rated player on our board". Just bad management. Soon as Favre retires, i'll jump ship to the Titans or Dolphins if this crap keeps up. I know you are supposed to support your team but i just cant support stupidity and that is what i am seeing. It is what i have seen for the last 10 years by our management.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go back and watch the Seahawks and Jets game from 06 again and tell me we don't need another DT.

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PACK, AT 63, PICK RB BRANDON JACKSON

Brandon Jackson
RB | (5'9", 210, 4.54) | NEBRASKA

Scouts Grade: 77
View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All

Strengths: He's a shifty back with excellent balance and body control. Displays the ability to stop and start with great ease. Shows good vision and possesses the initial burst to quickly hit the crease he sees developing. Runs with outstanding pad-level and always seems to be under control. He is a slippery runner that doesn't seem to take a lot of big hits and elusive enough to consistently make defenders miss one-on-one in space. He shows good toughness as an inside runner and will keep his legs driving after contact. Also displays enough burst to consistently turn the corner as an outside runner. He lacks elite speed but he does have a second-gear in the open-field and can beat some defensive backs in a foot race. He's a reliable underneath receiver and he's shifty and dangerous after the catch. He has been durable and he doesn't have much mileage on his legs.
Weaknesses: Lacks ideal game experience and is a bit unproven. Has looked extremely promising in spurts but he has never proven capable of carrying a full load as the premier back. He still needs to get a bit bigger and stronger. He runs hard and shows some power but he's not the type that will run over defenders or push the pile much in short-yardage situations. He possesses adequate-to-good speed, but does not show elite second-gear in the open-field. He has room to improve as a route runner. While he has been reliable catching the ball, he has a tendency to let it get into his pads and needs to learn to catch with his hands far more frequently. Needs to improve his technique and awareness in pass pro. Also has had some fumbling issues in the past.
Overall: Jackson saw action in 10 of 11 games as a true freshman in 2004 and carried 85 times for 390 yards (4.6 average) with six touchdowns. In 2005, he played in nine of 12 contests (two starts; Wake Forest, Pitt) and gained just 52 yards on 18 carries (2.9 average). Jackson then started nine of 14 games in 2006, rushed 188 times for 989 yards (5.3 average) and eight touchdowns, adding 33 receptions for 313 yards and two more scores. Over the past three seasons, he also returned 32 kickoffs for 579 yards (18.1 average).
Jackson's biggest weakness is his lack of experience. He will need to improve his bulk and strength in order to hold up as a premier back in the NFL, and he also lacks elite top-end speed. However, Jackson is an instinctive, shifty and tough runner with the size-potential to emerge as a good starter in a zone-blocking scheme. In our opinion, Jackson is one of the more underrated prospects in the 2007 class and he could become a steal from the second-or-third round range of the 2007 draft.

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPHAT said:
PACK, AT 63, PICK RB BRANDON JACKSON

we trade down and trade down and still get guys who we could get two rounds later...ridiculous...i wanted antonio pittman...or tony hunt or michael bush

Generally, I agree...TT management culture decision thing.

DT RANKINGS:

1 Amobi Okoye Louisville DT 6017v 312v 5.06v D 1.13 Draft # 1
2 Alan Branch Michigan DT 6054e 325e 5.25e I 1.15 Draft # 1
3 Raymond McDonald Florida DT 6025v 279v 4.90e G 1.20 Draft # 1 - 2
4 Justin Harrell Tennessee DT 6040e 300e 5.10e I 1.21 Draft # 1 - 2

RBS RANKINGS:

1 Adrian Peterson Oklahoma RB 6014e 225e 4.50e D 1.12 Draft # 1
2 Marshawn Lynch California RB 5104e 220e 4.55e I 1.16 Draft # 1
3 Antonio Pittman Ohio State RB 5110e 200e 4.50e I 1.19 Draft # 1 - 2
4 Tony Hunt Penn State RB 6000e 225e 4.55e I 1.24 Draft # 2
5 Lorenzo Booker Florida State RB 5102v 193v 4.45e G 1.25 Draft # 2
6 Brandon Jackson Nebraska RB 5104e 210e 4.50e I 1.25 Draft # 2

:rubeyes: :rubeyes:

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you guys think we should of went with Chad Jackson over Greg Jennings last year? He was ranked higher. How did that work out? Packers got who they thought was the best for them and got a guy that fits into their system. If you want to follow a team that goes for names more than talent/fitting with the rest of the team then become Redskins fans. They will keep losing but at least it will be more exciting for you.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Jackson is a solid, solid pick. He is tough, doesn't have many miles but has shown he can run hard and put up the yards, he can receive out of the backfield, makes good cuts, fits into the ZBS. He doesn't have a big down side of his game. Safe pick. Good player.

Members online

Latest posts