1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2007 Free Agents

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I agree that its a long shot to get clements but that would be so nice. and we wouldnt move chuck to the nickle spot.

id say our d backs would be harris and clements nick collins and cwood could be the safetys. then culver and manuel as backups is nice!

and if your looking for a running back Michael Turner would be awesome, playing behind LT obviously hurts him, but a lot of people think this guy is a great back with the bad luck to be behind maybe the best back in football. and to agree with packinblack.... who knows how he'd run with the zone but he would be nice. also wouldnt mind getting marcel shipp pretty cheap.

Id look at Jeremy Stevans for a tight end. shows flashes of greatness but disappears jsut as much.

Mike Gandy could replace the fast aging Clifton. again dont know about his ability with the zone, but it cant be as bad as clifton.

you can forget about freeney
  2. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Freeny would be great but don't see the need big enough there to pay his salary. Clements will also cost but CB's are becoming well worth the investment if they're the kind who can play one-one. I also like Turner but not sure, do you think he's built to be an every down back. He definately is one of the better backups who deserves a chance. Maybe him and Morency splitting carries could work
  3. BearPerspective

BearPerspective Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mike Gandy sucks at life. The Bears released him because he was worthless and he still sucks. He will get abused against the Bears this weeked. Thanks for Hunter Hillenmeyer by the way.
  4. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

speaking of the bears, Lance Briggs. Well worth a look. In fact, there are a few LBs worth takin a look at.

I've been real disappointed in Barnett lately, he seems like he's just 'there'. (could say the same about alot of our players, though.) I'll probably offend some people with that, and if I do, sorry. I think it'd be great to add a MLB and SAM from that list of FAs. But, knowing our startegy is to build thru the draft, it's likely just a pipe dream.
  5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Albert Haynesworth is probably going to get release from Tennessee from some reports I heard on the radio today so Green Bay could take a look at him.

I'm not sure I'd want him in the NFL after that let alone on the Pack. He'd be a great pickup but what he did was just uncalled for.
  6. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not to mention he has a history of idiotic and unctrolled behaviour.

He got into an argument in college during a practice, and left only to return with a metal pole. :-?
  7. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    On the positive side, not to many of the quality GB Packers on that list, so the talent that they have will be sticking around!
  8. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Daniel Graham, UFA, New England Patriots

With Ben Watson on the roster and NE's moneyball approach, Graham will be very available. He won't be overly expensive, but a big upgrade over what we have. More of a receieving TE, but a solid blocker.

Adalius Thomas, UFA, Baltimore Ravens

With Pop and Taylor struggling, it would be good to bring in a LB. Thomas's stock is rising, but with Briggs and June on the market, he'll be less sought after than he should. This guy is a beast. 270 pounds and great speed.

Asante Samuel, UFA, New England Patriots

Al Harris sucks. :lol: This guy has been a reliable corner in NE for some time, and isn't too old yet.

Michael Lewis, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles

Marquand Manuel is bad, and Culver probably isn't ready for the big time yet. Lewis is the best UFA SS.

I don't think we should go nuts and sign all of these guys, but these are players that are at positions of need that TT would realistically sign. I'd be happy to see any of these guys as a Packer next year.
  9. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There is no way we r getting freeny.
  10. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    BUMP....

Other Free Agent Safety
    Tyrone Carter, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
    Deon Grant, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
    Ken Hamlin, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
    Michael Lewis, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
    Donnie Nickey, UFA, Tennessee Titans
    Tony Parrish, UFA, San Francisco 49ers
    Ernest Shazor, ERFA, Arizona Cardinals
    B.J. Ward, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
    Gibril Wilson, RFA, New York Giants
  11. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think we will rid ourselves from Al Harris and then there will be a spot for a new CB, maybe Clements, we have a lot of salary room!

I'd also like us to sign veterans from the Denver and Atlanta o-lines, as they have good experience in the zone-blocking scheme and could give us som well needed veteran leadership in the zoneblocking departement.
  12. rundemc

rundemc Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    al harris needs to go what was he thinking during mini camp when he thought he was worth more money he should be paying the packers back some money right now
  13. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I disagree with this. I think we need to let the young offensive line grow together. They've shown great potential and all 4 are really coming along great. Granted tonight was a rough outing but overall they've been solid.

If we can get some cheat vets to come in and be backups then I'm all for it but as far as going out and signing someone to a starter like deal. I think it would be a mistake.

I think GB's needs are DE, SS, CB, RB, and TE.
  14. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    IMO TT will make sure Harris stays. He must have learned from the K-Walk situation (God help us all if he didn't), and he realizes how valuable Harris is too valuable and too good a player. He is a good enough athlete that he can still contribute up until a high age (around 2 maybe 3 more years).

TT finds a way to keep him IMO. If he doesn't he is getting a big time negative rep with all the agents; if you want out, then cry loud enough and you'll get your way.
  15. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lewis was a probowler but was benched this year because he couldnt cover. lets dump one saefty that cant cover for another one that cant cover.
  16. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How about we just bench Manuel and play Culver?

Manuel obviously isn't ready for the "big time" either, so give someone who has talent a shot. He can't be worse. Seriously, he can't
  17. sbp_387

sbp_387 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Matt Schaub, RFA, Atlanta Falcons
    lets steal another grate one form atlanta
  18. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with going after Turner. I think many people havn't seen how good thbis kid is. This would also allow us to go else where in the draft which I agree with Porky that we shouldn't worry about O-line. If you look at the best lines they're always guys who have been together for years and I can see this line growing together into one of the best in the leageu.
    I also like Ken Hamlin who BTW I'm having a brain cramp was he the one who fractured his skull in that night club incident?
  19. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:

Cute, K-Walk :p
  20. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I Dont wanna get rid of Ahman!!! OH why oh why does he have ti be a free agent!!
  21. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes he was the one Cdn. Manuel took over for him last year.

Yared, I think if Culver was similar or even a fraction behind Marquand in terms of skill, he'd be starting. Apparently the coaching staff feels that Culver will do even worse (which, like you said, is next to impossible to do), so I guess they are sticking with Manuel for the time being.

I don't really see a safety on the market that can be a compliment to Collins.
  22. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No huge changes are needed.

D Line, linebackers and corners are formidable but the safeties hold us back. Too much confusion back there. OL should be average or maybe above average next year, receivers & running back position should be fine for next year. Hopefully Brett comes back.

Both starting safeties need to be released or make them backups. This team would be a playoff team next year if we had 2 good experienced safeties who can complement Harris & Woodson and who can cover. Other thing we could use is an extra playmaker at either WR or TE. Also, the Patriots game made me realize that we really need a good 3rd corner. Not some developmental guy, but a good solid corner.

Also, MM needs to leave town so we can hire an NFL head coach. Is Steve Mariucci looking for work?
  23. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL, i doubt he's going anywhere if we still even want him back.

Tell me, whats the market like for an aging, injury prone fumble machine who hasnt had a really good year in 4 years ?
  24. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Where are these comments after wins? Funny how that works.
  25. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Tampa Bay Press is printing sources as saying that Gruden wants out of Tampa. His contract is finished after next year.

I could go on and on about Gruden, but myself as a Raider Fan you do not want to read it.

I am behind MM, and if the Packers ever canned him for Chucky I would have to bail for a while.

Give MM a chance people. Please.... Just give people a chance.

R.P.