1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2007 Draft Pick

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packman5, Nov 14, 2006.

1. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    isnt michael bush like 250 lbs?? samsrdizja in 2nd might not be bad if we trade down some.
  2. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Bush will go early round 2 at the latest and is still likely going to get into round 1 after he workouts. He is 250 and he has some speed for a bigger back as well.
  3. C-Mize

C-Mize Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If LaRon Landry or Adrian Peterson are not available, I think we should definately trade down in order to obtain multiple 2nd & 3rd round picks, & we know TT is good at that. Our first picks could look a little like this:

2nd-Jeff Samardizja_WR Notre Dame
    2nd-Kenny Irons-RB Aub
    3rd-Brian Leonard-FB/RB Rutgers (to assure we get this guy)
    3rd-Tom Zbikowski-S ND (he's a grinder, can have instant impact as Saftey and Special Teams, I really like this guy)
    4th-CB Kenny Scott, GA Tech
    5th-Clark Harris-TE Rutgers
  4. Toronto_Cheesehead

Toronto_Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    With exception to Zbikowski, I like most of your picks, C-Mize.

Samardizja would give us a much needed weapon at receiver. He has a great pair of hands, seems to be able to stretch the field, and has great height, which will help us a lot in the red zone.

Irons and Leonard both address depth in the backfield, which is a must since Henderson and Green are near the end.

I don't like Zbikowski much at the next level. I watch a fair bit of Notre Dame games, and he's one of my fav players on that team, but I don't think he covers well enough to be anything but a liability at the next level. He probably falls to the second day and carves out a future as a good special teamer.

Don't know much about Scott, since I haven't seen much of GT, but depth in the secondary doesn't hurt. Ideally, when Woodson and Harris get older we can have two youngsters step in and play at the high level like when Sheppard and Brown came in and started at corner for Philly a few years ago.

I'd prefer the team to address TE earlier in the draft, but Harris isn't a bad pick if you can grab him this late. Should be able to help in the red zone, and that's one of the key weak points on this team.
  5. Favreforever721

Favreforever721 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just figured out that the highest possible pick we can have is #11, and the lowest possible is either #17 or #18. That isn't that bad, considering how deep this draft class is. I am excited about the draft and about next year's team!
  6. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If we can get Michael Bush in the second it would be a steal, hell I would trade up in the second to get him, he's going to be a monster.
  7. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is still very early. Ted likes the best player available(BPA) method of picking players.

Here are some picks I think Ted will be looking at.

1st Round(16th):
    Marshawn Lynch(5' 10" 223lbs) RB CAL,
    Darrell Revis(5' 11" 190lbs) CB PITT,
    Antoine Cason(6'0" 182lbs) CB AZ,

Not only are thes the BPA but the Packers have older players at these positions.

2nd Round(48th):
    Brandon Meriweath(6' 0" 190lbs) FS Miami(FL),
    Johnnie Higgins(6' 2" 180) WR UTEP,
    Steve Smith (6' 0" 190lbs) WR USC

These are needs and BPA.

3rd Round(80th):
    Aaron Rouse(6' 3" 220lbs) SS VA Tech,
    Jason Hill(6' 2" 210) WR WA State,
    Joe Newton(6'7" 255lbs) TE OR St,
    Ryan Kalil(6' 4" 285lbs) C USC

Here it also depends on the players selected previously.

Also noting the above comments Michael Bush should go early 2nd round about pick #40. I do not think he will be on the board at pick #48.
  8. rundemc

rundemc Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    michael bush is small?
  9. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He's actually huge. 6'2" 250. He used to play QB and was actually recruited as a QB. Has pretty good breakaway speed but not that elusive as a runner because of his size. Still a good fit for the Pack and in round 2 would be a steal. People were talking top 10 if he stayed healthy.
  10. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He's more elusive than any guy that big I've seen. He would absolutely be a steal in the 2nd round, but I doubt he will last that long after the combine.
  11. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think he's a good fit for the Jets with their 1st round pick. They need a consistent RB instead of a bunch of average ones.

I heard he was leaning towards returning to Louisville though and taking a medical redshirt.