2007 Draft Pick

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What position do you think the packers should look for in the 1st round of this years draft? and who do you think they should choose with the pick?
I'd say they either need a RB-Marshawn Lynch or Saftey- Laron Landry

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id like an OL or DE, a decent CB (assumed harris leaves), that would be great

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OL is one of the last things we need (wow, I...I didnt think Id be saying that anytime soon)

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the ol best player available.
I think they need to look hard at the RB position as well as DB. both safety and CB positions can a stud player.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the basic rule is skillpositions like QB, WR and CB in the 1st and 2nd round, also runningback but if you have other needs you are probably better off looking at RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We seem to be okay at RB with Herron, Morency. Looks like we're going to need a solid CB especially if it doest work out with Harris.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burner WR. I expect Ferguson will be cut this year, can't keep counting on him. Only dependable WR are Driver and Jennings. We need a deep threat. Jennings will eventually replace Driver as middle threat. I would not put a lot of trust in Robinson at this point either. Draft a WR on first day and sign one as FA

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now guys, where are most of our criticisms been aimed at all year long? Not at RB, or even WR, even though we basically have only two. NOPE! All year we've thrown rocks at our secondary, especially at the S position. Am I right? And we're still throwing rocks. Our #1 need is a S, our #2 need is another S. Good lord! If we don't cover those spots with this draft, guess where we'll be throwing rocks next season. S may not be a glamor position but it's our greatest need.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st round - Leon Hall or another CB
2nd round- Kenny Irons/ Micheal Bush RB
3rd round- Steve Smith Wr

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the basic rule is skillpositions like QB, WR and CB in the 1st and 2nd round, also runningback but if you have other needs you are probably better off looking at RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I think almost half the RB's that start in the NFL are 1st round picks. They had a chart in the paper a few weeks backs. It's a very high number.

Comes down to what we do in free agency. We could go out and sign someone like Michael Turner. We could pay a lot of Freeney. Who knows?

Right now though it's between a DE and RB for me. Depends who's there. If Gaines Adams or Charles Johnson is there when we pick, I think it's a no brainier then.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been thinking RB in the first round all along, but I am beginning to waver as Ahman Green returns to form. The good thing about drafting an RB in the first round is that RB is the position that is easiest to judge. Those who are good in college are USUALLY good in the pros. But on the other hand, with this zone blocking scheme Thompson may be able to steal an RB in the third or fourth round who is not highly coveted by other teams but has the knack for running in this scheme. The Broncos have been doing this for years.

Secondary is the greatest need, and I'm coming to believe that safety is especially important as game after game goes by and Nick Collins shows zero improvement. Maybe it is as important now as CB. And yes, WR is a big need as well.

It will depend on who is available when the Packers pick, but I can see holding off on an RB and drafting a stud CB or safety in the first round who is a real football player and doesn't just have an impressive 40-yard dash time. And maybe a DE or another DB in the second round. Then maybe look to WR and RB. But it depends on how the rest of this season goes.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
RB or Safety. Joe Thomas is going numero uno and we don't need OL anyways

Joe Thomas wont go #1 it isnt good value at the #1 spot, and they would have to really pay him a lot. If the team with number 1 pick overall wants him they will trade down a couple of spots. Calvin Johnson, Brady Quinn, or someone else will go #1

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
RB or Safety. Joe Thomas is going numero uno and we don't need OL anyways

Joe Thomas wont go #1 it isnt good value at the #1 spot, and they would have to really pay him a lot. If the team with number 1 pick overall wants him they will trade down a couple of spots. Calvin Johnson, Brady Quinn, or someone else will go #1

LT has HUGE value in the NFL. Orlando Pace comes to mind with #1 overall LT's. Joe Thomas might rate out higher than Pace as a prospect. He certainly could. Joe Thomas has a better shot of going #1 overall over that Calvin Johnson. Of the teams fighting for #1 overall there is a good chance Thomas does go #1.

Arizona and Detroit really need LT's and Oakland could use one as well though they would be better suited for a QB. Point being though LT has as good as value as any position that high. In fact it'd probably be #2 on most lists behind only the QB. Considering that and considering the fact that a team like Arizona could have the pick then Joe Thomas certainly has a shot to go that high. He's slated for top 5 no doubt.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the needs of the team starts with RB, and DE.
QB, OL, DT, LB, S are set. CB and WR could get more talent too.
So here is the order of need
RB
DE
WE
CB
Then you have to look att he best talent available.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the needs of the team starts with RB, and DE.
QB, OL, DT, LB, S are set. CB and WR could get more talent too.
So here is the order of need
RB
DE
WE
CB
Then you have to look att he best talent available.

Do you really think we're set at safety? Are you happy with the job Marquand Manuel and Nick Collins are doing?

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they can get Jeff Samarzia (sp?) Wide Reciver from Notre Dame. In the 3rd round. I hope maybe we can get Micheal Bush from Louisville. That would be an excellent choice at rb, but can get him later since he is "small".

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Do you really think we're set at safety? Are you happy with the job Marquand Manuel and Nick Collins are doing?

Manuel is TT's boy and is hardly likely to be replaced anytime soon.

Members online

Latest posts