2006 thread---Rodgers out for the season

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
i suppose some people out there still want the "Rodgers Era" to start.

Actually I could care less about a "Rodgers Era" or a "Farve Era" I just want a "Winning Era."

GB doesn't have a home field advantage anymore. Any team can come to our house and push us around.

Or management needs to stop worshiping players and manage the team.

We've wasted draft picks and A Rod is looking like another wasted pick. We'll never know, he'll probably never really get much game time. Either due to injury, Farve love, or simply shelf life.

We've traded players that we should have kept. Kept players we should have traded.

We hired a coach with no head coach experience. Then we expect him to turn the team around in one season.

This isn't rebuilding, it's rebounding. We haven't seen the bottom yet, that's the sad truth.

And this is all Favre's fault somehow?

How is that? By being worshipped?

Please explain, I want to know! :welcome:

Swamper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, you quoted my entire message and then surmised that I blame Farve for all of the problems. Weak...Real Weak.

Worshiped? Yes. Farve is worshiped. Any QB with Farve's record this season (or last season for that matter) who is still holding on to the field (after over a decade of service) and not allowing the back up QB time to get experience is defintely being worshiped by the management.

It might make people unhappy to see a newbie out there but there have been plenty of opportunities to set Farve down and let the new guy get some game play.

We are 4-6 people. I think a record like that and the 4-12 record last season leave no one safe from blame.

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers and *********** were the best options, why haven't they been able to beat Favre out for #1 starting position at QB in GB yet?

Talk about weak. Keep dreamin' son... :whippin:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Swamper said:
agopackgo4 said:

Actually I could care less about a "Rodgers Era" or a "Farve Era" I just want a "Winning Era."

GB doesn't have a home field advantage anymore. Any team can come to our house and push us around.

We've wasted draft picks and A Rod is looking like another wasted pick. We'll never know, he'll probably never really get much game time. Either due to injury, Farve love, or simply shelf life.

We've traded players that we should have kept. Kept players we should have traded.

We hired a coach with no head coach experience. Then we expect him to turn the team around in one season.

This isn't rebuilding, it's rebounding. We haven't seen the bottom yet, that's the sad truth.

You know... you can admire professional athletes, but when you start worshiping them you need a serious reality check.

Swamper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers and *********** were the best options, why haven't they been able to beat Favre out for #1 starting position at QB in GB yet?

I don't profess the back up QB's to be better than Farve. How could you, they don't get any game time to put up stats.

Give me a break, you think Farve competes for starter? :rotflmao:

It's given to him.

That's not Farve's fault, it's poor management. If GB wanted to start rebuilding, Farve would not be in the plan.

Nope fans, we have not hit bottom yet. We still have to go through growing pains after Farve leaves the picture.

Don't worry Farve lovers, it will be his decision to leave, the management has proved they don't have the balls to manage this team.

WestPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasted pick?

Bones break, bones heal.

We wait until next year or?? for maybe his shot.
No general manager in his right mind throws A Rod away from what we now know.

Now, back to what remains of the season with one of the greatest whoever played the position.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man I'm use to seeing arguing between NFC north rivals but the worst almost seems to be among Packer fans themselves. I don't see the need for people to feel they have to chose sides between the QB's.
I back Brett 100% and would love to see him return but I also want to see Aaron develop so he's ready to take over when needed. Almost get the feeling some people are happy he got hurt. Grossman hardly stayed healthy either his first few years but now looks like a quality starter.

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mikegrubiak said:

I don't profess the back up QB's to be better than Farve. How could you, they don't get any game time to put up stats.

Give me a break, you think Farve competes for starter? :rotflmao:

It's given to him.

That's not Farve's fault, it's poor management. If GB wanted to start rebuilding, Farve would not be in the plan.

Nope fans, we have not hit bottom yet. We still have to go through growing pains after Farve leaves the picture.

Don't worry Farve lovers, it will be his decision to leave, the management has proved they don't have the balls to manage this team.

They can't beat him out because they're not good enough. Hence, they don't start.

You need to get a grip on reality, son.

:whippin:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
management has shown they like living.

benching favre means they would get killed before they got to their cars by people like mike here.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
management has shown they like living.

benching favre means they would get killed before they got to their cars by people like mike here.

I hope your not saying that Favre is only in there because he is a fan favorite. Wasnt Favre the player of the week last week? I know he had a crap game vs the Patriots. Ive never ever seen him so bad with accuracy. And its for a good reason. He had two bad ankles, a bad groin pull and who knows what else. Also, those Patriots are an excellent defense.

Still, i agree most of his throws were high and low. I dont know if any of you have ever hurt an ankle or a groin let alone both ankles and your groin. Just the thought of walking fast with a groin injury makes me cringe. Give the player of the week a free pass for god sakes.

Im not saying im happy Rodgers played like a donkey or that im glad he's hurt but i am happy that we dont have to hear any more about benching Favre and how he's holding the team back.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give the player of the week a free pass for god sakes.

Then give the guy who called the plays and put the ball in the hands of the player of the week a free pass.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, isnt it ironic that while Favre has started 200+ consecutive games, Aaron gets knocked out for the year in less than a half of playing time.

Oh yea, lets let the Rodgers era begin. Its gonna be nothing like the Favre era. Trust me, Rodgers will be gone within 3 years. Either he will stink it up. Or he will be mediocre and be ridiculed on a weekly basis for not having Favres arm strength, toughness ability,etc. Either way, its time to start looking for a new QB :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His one bad stint told you all that? Amazing!

Cuz you know, no QB who ever played bad in their first couple games ever went on to improve and do anything good. Not one. Not one.

Im gonna close the packerforum tab, the stupid is giving me a headache.

take it easy, gents...and 4packgirl.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If i recall, Brett seemed to play pretty well in his first action replacing Majikowski. And he was greener then Rodgers.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His one bad stint told you all that? Amazing!

Cuz you know, no QB who ever played bad in their first couple games ever went on to improve and do anything good. Not one. Not one.

Im gonna close the packerforum tab, the stupid is giving me a headache.

take it easy, gents...and 4packgirl.

Trom….

Come on cut the kid some slack. He has very little experience at this level.

He had the chance to step in and make a great impression. He did not do it, could have been nerves, who knows.

Being a Rookie, you have to understand that he is learning. As I said failing is good.

You have to fail to succeed. Fail Faster.

I will be the first to admit that he did not understand some of the “READS” He did not check off on his original look, and perhaps he even was looking for a big impression by running a “POST” when he should just have thrown it away.

You have to understand…. What we have here is a Vet against a Young Rookie who is scrambling and trying to make an impression.

Cut the kid some slack,

flapackfan has 102 snaps (Posts)

You however have over 6,500 snaps. (Posts)

It is obvious you will kill the kid on game day. Have some empathy for stupid.

Leave flapackfan alone and let him fail faster without killing him with a perfect response to a silly post.

RP

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were good players available (like OG's) nut the Packers drafted a back up QB with a first round pick.

Perhaps people will understand why I've been saying since he was drafted that Rodgers would be an overpaid noncontributor.

It isn't Rodgers fault. He was just a poor choice and not a good fit for the Packers.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Cut the kid some slack,

Leave flapackfan alone and let him fail faster without killing him with a perfect response to a silly post.

RP

Are you serious with this? Let's not confuse posts with 'experience' here for game day. Jeepers creepers don't do this to me this early in the morning!! :)

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

RP

You have to be kidding. What does number of posts have to do with anything. Im not trying to claim to be the "expert Packers analyst". Gimme a freaking break.

Just because i dont post 15 times per day for the last 5 years means nothing about football knowledge, not that i really care if there is a person who might know a little more than me, lol.

And by the way, like half of his posts are about "I hate Ahmad Caroll" and "bench Brett Favre" and "I want to have Ted Thompsons love child".

Seriously, posts mean nothing except that you have too much time on your hands.

Now thats what i call a perfect response to a silly post. :eek:wned:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mikegrubiak said:
Swamper said:
agopackgo4 said:

You know... you can admire professional athletes, but when you start worshiping them you need a serious reality check.

I am a Brett Favre fan not a worshiper, we want the best QB in there to play for our team and that is Favre HE IS our only chance to win, just with his experience which Rodgers dont have just yet.

When things go bad everyone blames the QB where on Sunday yes Farve missed some throws, but also our OF and DF both sucked big time, when we play good as a team we win, but its a team effort not just one person on the team.

We have a very young team right now but they can only get better in time, so we have to take the good with the bad right now.

I also hope everyone that was injured in that game gets well soon.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought of the whole Rex Grossman saga too when I heard the news cdnfavrefan. I hope its not the same bullsh!t with Rodgers.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were good players available (like OG's) nut the Packers drafted a back up QB with a first round pick.

Perhaps people will understand why I've been saying since he was drafted that Rodgers would be an overpaid noncontributor.

It isn't Rodgers fault. He was just a poor choice and not a good fit for the Packers.

Hey Cali Rodgers did all he could, he even played with a broken foot, I have got a bunch of broken bones and I can tell you it takes guts to play like that.

I think he tried to do the right thing, the timing was the worst that could have been, we were being erased from Lambeau field by the Pats, outcoached and outplayed on every area.

After what Rodgers did he deserves some respect, at least he got mine.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
Seriously, posts mean nothing except that you have too much time on your hands.

Hey hey hey!!

:)

Come on now, i meant no offense. But.........dude, i just noticed you're pumping out an average of over 10 posts every single day and trom is veryclose to that also. When i said the 15 posts per day i was joking, i had no idea....... I love the packers too but....

DAYUM

:rubeyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts