2006 thread---Rodgers out for the season

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not just a rumor anymore, folks. Here's the news, straight from packers.com:

Aaron Rodgers Placed On Injured Reserve

by Mike Spofford, Packers.com
posted 11/20/2006

Unfortunately for backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers, his first extended action in 2006 turned out to be his last this season.

Rodgers broke his left foot during Sunday's game against New England and is out for the season, Head Coach Mike McCarthy said on Monday.

Rodgers came into Sunday's game late in the second quarter in relief of Brett Favre, who injured his right elbow while getting sacked. Rodgers finished the contest, completing four of 12 passes for 32 yards. He also rushed for 11 yards, was sacked three times and lost a fumble.

Rodgers was the Packers' first-round draft choice in 2005, and he played extensively in just one game last year. At Baltimore on Dec. 19, Rodgers completed eight of 15 passes for 65 yards with one interception.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys remember yesterday in pbp when we were jokingly debating which has been street QB the Packers should sign?
I'm backing Kordell Stewart :-D
I know you guys wanted Jeff George and are gutted Vinny T was snapped up by the Pats!

Swamper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i suppose some people out there still want the "Rodgers Era" to start.

Actually I could care less about a "Rodgers Era" or a "Farve Era" I just want a "Winning Era."

GB doesn't have a home field advantage anymore. Any team can come to our house and push us around.

Or management needs to stop worshiping players and manage the team.

We've wasted draft picks and A Rod is looking like another wasted pick. We'll never know, he'll probably never really get much game time. Either due to injury, Farve love, or simply shelf life.

We've traded players that we should have kept. Kept players we should have traded.

We hired a coach with no head coach experience. Then we expect him to turn the team around in one season.

This isn't rebuilding, it's rebounding. We haven't seen the bottom yet, that's the sad truth.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cheap shot. For the record, I'm happy for the Favre era to continue indefinitely... but is it Rodger's fault he was injured?

Furthermore - you do realize this is bad news for the Packers, any way you slice it, right?

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:

Actually I could care less about a "Rodgers Era" or a "Farve Era" I just want a "Winning Era."

GB doesn't have a home field advantage anymore. Any team can come to our house and push us around.

We've wasted draft picks and A Rod is looking like another wasted pick. We'll never know, he'll probably never really get much game time. Either due to injury, Farve love, or simply shelf life.

We've traded players that we should have kept. Kept players we should have traded.

We hired a coach with no head coach experience. Then we expect him to turn the team around in one season.

This isn't rebuilding, it's rebounding. We haven't seen the bottom yet, that's the sad truth.

I agree I want a winning Era as well. but to me:

Brett Favre=BEst chance to win

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:

They havent had it since the end of the 2002 season

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, was that the season that they lost to the Falcons in the Playoffs at lambeau? it hasnt been the same sense that game/year

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, to be honest with you, I feel better about our chances on the road than i do in Lambeau these days. I wonder how long it will be before we get that "edge" back in Lambeau. Hopefully it will return!!!

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

True! And maybe if he takes a bad hit this Sunday, or hurts his groin, he can play from a wheelchair!

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's see..Brett AND AR got hurt....

Something click w/anyone? the Patriots were KILLING the packers.
They were getting full speed hits on the QBs..

You want to imagine what would've happened to Brett if he played more???

Give the young guy AR credit for playing the game WITH a broken foot....

Jdlaxative...

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's hilarious. We've now got a vet starter with at least two injuries, one significant enough for him to leave the game at the half last week, and next in line is a no-name rookie backup. Will the next joke be be "Pack2LastPlace"-?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Swamper said:
agopackgo4 said:

im not too sure about that

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give the young guy AR credit for playing the game WITH a broken foot....

at least rodgers showed some toughness. it only takes one hit to end a season. a lot of favres streak has to do with luck and playing behind a good o line.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Swamper said:
agopackgo4 said:

So you would like to take your chances with someone besides Favre out there? someone that is in our reach? Please explain...

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Swamper said:
agopackgo4 said:

If Rodgers was in, they'd be 0-10 most likely.

Or maybe your D(Ingle) could have saved them, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts