2006 Dream (Hopefull) Team?

GP_1_Again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may have missed a few here but at a quick glance here's what I would like to see for our team this year Starters and Backup's...

OFFENSE:

Brett Favre QB

Ahman Green RB (Signed)

Samkon Gado RB

Davenport RB or Tony Fisher ????

William Hendersen HB

Javon Walker WR

Donald Driver WR

Rod Gardner WR

Terrence Murphy WR

Scott Wells C (Starter)

Grey Ruegamer G (Re-Sign)

Flanny G (Backup)

Steve Hutchinson or LeCharles Bentley G (Free Agency Need) FA

Chad Clifton T

Tom Ashworth (Pats T) or Tony Pashos (Ravens T) or Makoa Freitas (Colts T) or Matt Hill (Panthers T) Free Agent Pickup.

Kevin Barry T (Re-Sign)

Bubba Franks TE

Justin Peelle TE (Chargers) Free Agent Pickup....Picked him up on my Madden 2006 as a FA did very well..LOL :lol:

DEFENSE:

Aaron Kampman DE

KGB DE

Mario Williams DE (Draft)

Grady Jackson DT if Grady lost Rocky Bernard DT (FA Seahawks)

Colin Cole DT

Robert Thomas LB

Nick Barnett LB

Al Harris CB

Ahmad Carrol CB

Nick Collins S

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with many, especially Hutchinson. But we need help badly at LB. In fact we need two new bodies. Witherspoon would top my list.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Grampa... Only one Safety??? I really like your approach, but I also think we need help at LB and I really dislike Carrol.

Also it will be very hard to resign Kampy too.... Other than that I keep my fingers closed, in México we have an old say "the devil knows more due to his own age than due to being the devil himself" so obviously you are older than I so you must know better Grampa !!!!!!

Have a good day !!!

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks ok but I think Rue is gone. He often under achieves. Really depends on what is out there in terms of FA and possible draftees.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've forgotten to address Romans' position. Personally, I think we need someone better there but forget Thomas as a starter at LB. He's not the answer.
You can expect to see two new outside LB's, or, we get another ILB and move Barnett outside to fix one side and draft another OLB.

I've said this previously but I thought a lot of our poor run "D" could be contributed to our weak LB play. If it weren't for Barnett knifing thru at times our LB's were making tackles way too far down field. I grimiced everytime I saw a run outside cause if NB didn't get over there, way to often, it picked up good(bad for us) yards.
If Thomas starts for us next year we didn't fix an area that is in need. The coaching staff has said many times that the LB's are key and are demanded to do more than at any other postion in order for this "D" to work.
IMO we will be seeing two new faces at OLB next year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of 3-6-06

OFFENSE:

QB - Brett Favre

RB - Samkon Gado
RB - Ahman Green

FB - William Henderson

WR - Javon Walker
WR - Donald Driver
WR - Rod Gardner
WR - Ruvell Martin
WR - Chad Lucas

TE - Bubba Franks
TE - Donald Lee

LT - Chad Clifton
LG -Vince Manuwai
C - Flanagan\Scott Wells (if flanny plays, hes healthy..so thats fine w\me)
RT - Mark Tauscher
RG - William Whitticker\Grey Ruegamer

G\TE - Kevin Barry T (Re-Sign)

DEFENSE:

RDE - Mario Williams
DT - Cullen Jenkins
DT - Grady Jackson
LDE - Aaron Kampman

Backups - Mike Montgomery, Kenny Peterson, Colin Cole, Donnell Washington

LOLB - Tommy Polley
MLB - Nick Barnett
ROLB - Cato June

CB - Al Harris
CB - Will Allen
Nickel - Ike Taylor
Dime - Mike Hawkins

FS - Nick Collins
SS - Idrees Bashir

K - Ryan Longwell

P - DRAFT PICK

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GP, we need help at LB, DE, WR, RB and a better corner than "Oh Lord, I'm the Man, Carroll." I look for TT to bolster these areas in the draft as much as possible. I hope we can get more picks with a trade or two.

OP
OP
G

GP_1_Again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz I like your list alot (Way better put together then mine) but I really hope Murphy can turn things around. I saw the poor guy at training camp and saw him make some pretty fly catches.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GP, You know I have been a non-fan of Carroll for some time. My feelings are deep about this guy. And it goes back to Sherman being one of the "greatest drafting gurus" for finding and selecting the worst talent and throwing away draft picks. I would be delighted if TT traded "grabber" in this up coming draft. I see no reason to hold on to a guy that has the mentality of a salt-water crab!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GP_1_Again said:
tromadz I like your list alot (Way better put together then mine) but I really hope Murphy can turn things around. I saw the poor guy at training camp and saw him make some pretty fly catches.

id love to see t-murph return. I was digging him and then the injury happened. it'll be a damn shame if he never plays again.

but with the talent we have...t-murph will be real low on the chart, and possibly released. :(

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom,
Looks good from the standpoint that the positions that need new personnel are being addressed. Safety, LB, and Guard.

Mario would definately be good to see in there.

I could see a OLB via the draft vs. two FA's. Just an opinion but with the amount of talent at LB in this draft I could see obtaining one with our 2nd round pick. It's also possible to see them get an ILB vs. two outside guys and move Barnett outside where he would be awesome.

I think this punter we signed will probably end up being the guy there.

Rumor has it they are ready to sign Manuel from Seattle at Saftey but the drift of your thinking is solid. Move Roman out of there.

We normally don't get to draft any where near this high and with the talent of this draft I would hope we would land two guys that will be starters and improve their position with the first two picks.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko; I appreciate your thought but if age were a prime requisite for football knowledge, I'd be something of a genius...which I am not obviously. I've just been a Packer fan for 60 years now and I tend to take my team too seriously. Somehow, someway, they have mostly prospered for many years without taking my advice even once. Hard to imagine. SoI seriously doubt TT is influenced by me, to his discredit. (You know, of course, this is all bull$hit I'm shoveling.) I'm definitely an expert at that.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what we'd hope to get by trading Walker, especially after his injury. I'm willing to bet the best we'd get is a middle to lower round draft pick. That would also leave us with Driver and Ferguson (Gardener isn't signed, yet..I don't think) at WR. To Walker's credit he has remained pretty civil considering he decided not to hold out last year (the whole point of his threatening to hold out was he was afraid of getting injured and ruining his chance at the contract he deserved - we all know how that panned out). Not to mention, he is now in the final year of his contract, the time to extend it if you want to keep him. I don't see a problem with him saying, "hey, don't forget about me".

As far as T-Murph, I'm pretty positive I read that he will never be medically cleared to play football again. Very sad, as I (as I'm sure most) had high hopes for him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts