2 things:

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
1. We lost by (yes, the most we've lost by this year) 4 points to NOT arguably the best team in the NFL this year. WITH OUR BACKUPS!!!

Guys, Matt Flynn looked GREAT against the Patsies. Seriously, our backup QB looked better than 50% of the starting QBs in this league.

2. Slocum needs to be fired. An offensive lineman ran the ball back and arguably allowed the Pats to score the "winning" TD of the game.

Yeah, Chuck could've picked off that TD. Yeah, we could've punched it in on that 1st and goal. But NO ONE LETS AN OL RUN A KICKOFF RETURN FOR 71 YARDS!!!

Either way, it was an amazing statement (at least to me) about what our team can be with good health. 13 starters on IR and our franchise QB out with a concussion, hell I'm sooooo happy with what we did, and sooooo proud of our team.

Eff the Lions loss, **** happens.

Oklahoma_Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was about to start a thread, and say exactly what you just said, but now I guess I don't need to, lol. Anyways well said.

I think everyone can agree that Flynn played his *** off tonight. We were supposed to get beat by like 20+ I think, but only lost by 4 when we had a chance to win in the end. 250 yards and 3 TDs in his first career start @New England. Great game Matt.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes if we win the next two, teams will NOT want to face us. You better believe the bear are going to give it everything they have even if they dont need the game. They dont want to face us in the playoffs. The gaints worry me though.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Overall i'm very happy with the whole teams performance. This is probably one of the few games ever that I wont really stress over losing. We almost beat the best team in the league with half backups and no Rodgers, as someone already said.

Reaction score
We should have been leading the game 17-0 at half. We kept them in the game then Brady's play making ability came in the second half and that's when they took the lead. It sucks because it was a tough loss to a great team and every one wants a W. I got to praise the players and the coaches for doing their best and not laying down against a good team

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Flynn surprised the heck out of me. If he'd get better at the deep ball and adjust his composure on the blitz, he'd be a very good starting QB on any team. Incredible job.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See the only thing is, this game and the game against Atlanta were "oh we hung around with the best!" yeah well guess what, they still go down as losses. and these losses have added up and now we're fighting for our playoff lives instead of comfortably in the division lead.

oh and also we've played well against the best but we've layed eggs against bad ones too. Washington. Miami. Detroit.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
See the only thing is, this game and the game against Atlanta were "oh we hung around with the best!" yeah well guess what, they still go down as losses. and these losses have added up and now we're fighting for our playoff lives instead of comfortably in the division lead.

oh and also we've played well against the best but we've layed eggs against bad ones too. Washington. Miami. Detroit.

One question

If we were healthy with Grant and Finely and a few others

Would we have won most of those games?

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

Seriously? Shut up man. I'd love to see what you say when we win against teams.

"Oh ****, we could've had 6 yards instead of 5 yards."

Did you seriously expect a cakewalk into the playoffs? Did you expect the NFl to hand us a trophy??? What is wrong with you? Our team played our hearts out tonight, made the same mistakes we always make, and STILL ONLY LOST BY 4.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but close losses to great teams don't help a bit in the standings. In fact, I'm afraid it may hurt the team because they may come into the New York game overconfident after hearing from the Patriots-biased media how great they are for only losing by 4 to the Patriots. I remember the same sort of crap when the Packers "only" lost to Dallas in 2007 by a couple scores. I'm not satisfied with being almost good, which is what this team has been for 3 years now.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One question

If we were healthy with Grant and Finely and a few others

Would we have won most of those games?

who knows which games we could have won? if we had a run game maybe we could have been able to be atlanta. no run game = no play action and no 3rd and short conversions.

If matthews didnt get hurt late against Washington, where the D clearly wasnt the same after he was out maybe we win that one too.

Detroit game probably not, we were pretty terrible that one.

Dont really remember the Miami game too much...

Seriously? Shut up man. I'd love to see what you say when we win against teams.

"Oh ****, we could've had 6 yards instead of 5 yards."

Did you seriously expect a cakewalk into the playoffs? Did you expect the NFl to hand us a trophy??? What is wrong with you? Our team played our hearts out tonight, made the same mistakes we always make, and STILL ONLY LOST BY 4.

I am ecstatic after wins, would have been if we won tonight. its disappointing because they played their hearts out, and a play on special teams away from winning. it hurts, but still. yeah okay we can play with the best teams in the league. the fact of the matter is that no matter how much we lose by these close games are going down as losses. the losses have added up...

No i did not expect a cake walk, but i did not expect a million injuries to own us. or a loss to detroit either. this team had potential to run away with the division. injuries and not winning close games has hurt us. sticking with the close teams only get you so far...we need to beat them, and we need to win a freaking close game for once.

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but close losses to great teams don't help a bit in the standings. In fact, I'm afraid it may hurt the team because they may come into the New York game overconfident after hearing from the Patriots-biased media how great they are for only losing by 4 to the Patriots. I remember the same sort of crap when the Packers "only" lost to Dallas in 2007 by a couple scores. I'm not satisfied with being almost good, which is what this team has been for 3 years now.
Sorry our 2nd string doesn't do it for you, bud.

If all of NE's starters go out due to injury, maybe you guys can whine together.

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Who didn't expect a blowout?? Not a single one of us.

So, who can legitimately say that they are disappointed? Some people are just never pleased.

packerswin96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
********! maybe Slocum needs to be fired but so does McCarthy, I am so ******* sick of loosing by 3 or 4 points all the time. The coach has got to be responsible for at least 3 points a game, **** I am so pissed at McCarthy, even more that last week against Detroit on 4th and 1, he goes for the big play always, I repeat ALWAYS at th wrong ******** ******* time!!!! I have I made myself clear?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
who knows which games we could have won? if we had a run game maybe we could have been able to be atlanta. no run game = no play action and no 3rd and short conversions.

If matthews didnt get hurt late against Washington, where the D clearly wasnt the same after he was out maybe we win that one too.

Detroit game probably not, we were pretty terrible that one.

Dont really remember the Miami game too much...

LOL

So...your saying maybe 3 wins?

We would be 11-3

wow and be in 1st place

Thanks for figuring out that injuries is a HUGE reason why we cant win close games

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
********! maybe Slocum needs to be fired but so does McCarthy, I am so ******* sick of loosing by 3 or 4 points all the time. The coach has got to be responsible for at least 3 points a game, **** I am so pissed at McCarthy, even more that last week against Detroit on 4th and 1, he goes for the big play always, I repeat ALWAYS at th wrong ******** ******* time!!!! I have I made myself clear?

lol

I love posts like that

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i can say im disappointed, and i fully expected to get blown out.

we led 90% of this game. and missed opportunities screwed us. special teams f'ed up big. we dropped 3 picks. it literally felt like Brady was on the field for about 10 minutes, and they had 24 damn points...how can anyone not be disappointed? when you think your team is gonna be able to win and they lose how can you sit there and see GOOD EFFORT BOYS! IM SO PROUD OF THIS TEAM!

as MM said in his conference, they were there to win. there isnt a single packer sitting in that room not disappointed. they arent sitting there going oh we played our second strings and only lost by 4! good job! jeez. seriously ive never seen so many people "proud" of losing...

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL

So...your saying maybe 3 wins?

We would be 11-3

wow and be in 1st place

Thanks for figuring out that injuries is a HUGE reason why we cant win close games

yes injuries have killed us, as i said...

and id much rather be 11-3 and in first place then having to win out to get the 6th seed.

the fact of the matter is that we lost games we should have won. yeah we've hung around with the best of them but that doesnt mean much when your fighting for your playoff lives.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
yes injuries have killed us, as i said...

and id much rather be 11-3 and in first place then having to win out to get the 6th seed.

the fact of the matter is that we lost games we should have won. yeah we've hung around with the best of them but that doesnt mean much when your fighting for your playoff lives.

My point is that injuries hurt us in these close games

we have healthy team we might not have close games, cuz we are up by 10-20 at the end

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and i agree with you.

i just dont see how people can continually talk about how proud they are that the Packers hung around when in the end it just goes down as another L.

It gives us hope that if we meet them again we can win but still thats then this is now.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and i agree with you.

i just dont see how people can continually talk about how proud they are that the Packers hung around when in the end it just goes down as another L.

It gives us hope that if we meet them again we can win but still thats then this is now.
Its because we are a badly hurt team. Some people are able to figure out that with are startes we will win these games. Even the pats fans see this. Its a lose yes but next week Rodgers should be back and we have a good shot at the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts