2 round mock draft

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 oak- Jamarcus Russell qb. just seems like an Al Davis guy but unless they get the o-line fixed it wont help, also may need to add some receivers depending on what happens with the Randy Moss/ Jerry Porter situation.

2 det- Joe Thomas ot. lets them move Jeff Backus to rt and helps give Kitna or whoever is starting there next time for those long developing pass paterns Mike Martz likes to call.

3 cle- Alan Branch dt. Big Ted is getting old and it might be to early to give up on Charlie Frye already. this is all pending a coin toss with TB.

4 tb- Calvin Johnson wr. just to good to pass up. they could use some youth on defense but they need some youth at receiver too.

5 az- Gaines Adams de. the o-line should be improved just by adding Russ Grimm to the staff and its probably to early for Levi Brown. could take Jamaal Anderson here depending on which end shows better at the combine and pro days.

6 was- Jamaal Anderson de. hard to predict who they will take just because the skins prefer to fill there needs through free agency. could use a corner or a linebacker but good d-ends are hard to find.

7 min- Brady Quinn qb. they need receivers and d-backs and moved up for Tavaris Jackson last year but he is very raw and looks like hes got a long way to go and Quinn might be to much of a value to pass up here.

8 hou- Adrian Peterson rb. could go with Levi Brown or a corner or safety here but Peterson may be to much of a talent to pass on here it all depends if Kubiak is as confident/cocky about the zone blocking scheme as Shanahan in Denver thinking he can plug anyone in the system and be successfull.

9 mia- Amobi Okoye dt. the whole defense is getting old and this kid seems to be climbing up everyones draft board this pick probably depends on whether Dom Capers stays in a 3-4 or switches back and forth like they did under Saban.

10 atl- Laron Landry s. may go with a cb or wr here but they seem to go that way every year could change if Jimmy Williams is moved from corner to safety

11 sf- Leon Hall cb. Mike Nolans a defensive guy and the offense is coming around with the emergence of Frank Gore and Alex Smiths improvement.

12 buf- Patrick Willis lb. the linebackers are old and could use an upgrade could maybe go with Poluszny here or corner (Clements is on his way out) or receiver ( a little help opposite Evans).

13 stl- Jarvis Moss de. keep trying to add a pass rusher opposite Leonard Little. Ted Ginn could also go here just do to the fact that the receivers are getting old and after seeing what kind of effect a good return man can have after Hester took 2 returns to the house against them.

14 car- Levi Brown ot. helps make the running game more consistent could also go after Dwayne Jarrett here to replace Keyshawn.

15 pit- Paul Poluszny lb. kind of a hard pick to predict depends on what Tomlin decides to do with the defense if the stay in the 3-4 or go 4-3 cover 2 like he ran in Min.

16 gb- Dwayne Jarrett wr. Their GM is a best avaible player guy so its tough to predict could go with Marshawn Lynch here. Jarrett a big prototype west coast offense receiver.

17 jax- Reggie Nelson s. probably to good to pass up at this point in the draft. they cant possible spend another first rounder on a receiver can they? could also go after a de here.

18 cin- Darrelle Revis cb. they can use anything on the defensive side of the ball and anybody without a prison record. could surprise everyone and maybe go te here also.

19 ten- Sidney Rice wr. could use another target for Vince Young. could also use a corner opposite Pacman Jones or a replacement if Haynesworth is sent packing.

20 nyg- Marshawn Lynch rb. replacement for Tiki Barber, Eli Manning struggled enough with a running game id hate to see him without one. could also use help on defense or a second receiver opposite Plaxico.

21 den- Ted Ginn wr. Rod Smith has got to be 50 years old. thanks to the impact of Devin Hester, Ginn's value goes up because of his return skills. could also go cb, s, or d-line here.

22 dal- Justin Blalock og. could also go with a holder here. Marco Rivera was dissapointing and Marc Colombo is a free agent. could change depending on who is coaching next year.

23 kc- Quinn Pittock dt. they always seem to be trying to find ways to upgrade the defense. could also go with a cb here or maybe finally realize Eddie Kennison isnt a #1 receiver and try to add an upgrade there.

24 ne (from sea)-Lawrence Timmons lb. their linebackers are old. they could also use a cb, s, and a wr.

25 nyj- Adam Carricker de. could be a perfect fit as a de in the 3-4 and with a good combine/pro day could move up in the draft even higher. could also go with a cb here.

26 phi- Tank Tyler dt. Andy Reid seems to prefer to use his 1st rounders on offensive or defensive linemen. the o-line isnt bad the d-line was a mess gave up 4 tds to Joseph Addai.

27 no- Chris Houston cb. they need an upgrade over Fred Thomas. Houston played pretty well against some pretty good receivers this year. could go with a lb or a te here.

28 ne- Marcus McCauley cb. Asante Samuel is a free agent and will probably get some big bucks somewhere maybe from one of his former coordinators (cle or nyj).

29 bal- Dwayne Bowe wr. the offense could use some help might be to high for any of the o-lineman left. could also use an olb if Adalius Thomas leaves or and rb depending on what they do with Jamal Lewis.

30 sd- Robert Meachem wr. look at their receiving core can go with Keenan McCardell as their #1 receiver forever. could also go for a corner or safety here.

31chi- Eric Weddle s. after the Super Bowl i would just assume never see Chris Harris on the field again. Weddle seems to have a nose for the ball just like Mike Brown and we all know how important Mike Brown is to this defense. Angelo seems to prefer to focus on defense one year and offense the next and this would be an offensive year so the pick could be one of the tight ends. i dont see any receivers or o linemen left that are worthy of this spot. i expect JA to try to move down again when this pick comes up. things could also change if Briggs is lost to free agency (hopefully they atleast tag him so he is not lost without compensation).

32 ind- Rufus Alexandar lb. i think Cato June is a free agent and might be to expensive to resign. i wouldnt be surprised to see them take Greg Olsen or one of the receivers if they fall just to give Manning another option if there arent any players that would be a major upgrade to the rush defense at this spot

round 2

33 oak- Arron Sears ot

34 det- Anthony Spencer de

35 cle- Quentin Moses de/olb

36 tb- Charles Johnson de

37 az- Joe Staley ot

38 nyj(from was)- Aaron Ross cb

39 min- Greg Olsen te

40 hou- Ryan Kahlil c

41 mia- Daymieon Hughes cb

42 atl- Victor Abiamiri de

43 sf- Lemarr Woodley de

44 buf- Ben Grubbs og

45 stl- Brandon Merriweather s

46 car- H.B. Blades lb

47 pit- Micheal Bush rb

48 gb- Kenny Irons rb

49 jax- Jon Beason lb

50 cin- Marcus Thomas dt

51 ten- Brandon Siler lb

52 nyg- Justin Harrell dt

53 den- Micheal Griffin s

54 dal- Tony Ugoh ot

55 kc- Anthony Gonzalez wr

56 sea- Tanard Jackson cb

57 nyj- Aaron Rouse s

58 phi- Buster Davis lb

59 no- Brandon Mebane dt

60 ne- David Harris lb

61 bal- Craig Davis wr

62 sd- Micheal Johnson s

63 chi- Zach Miller te

64 tb (from ind)- Brian Leonard fb

rip it apart now. im sure i probably missed someone and as i look it over i think i have some guys going to high and a few who probably slipped a little far. i also wasnt sure where the second tier qbs, stanton smith and kolb, would fit in.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if you don't like Brady Quinn, I doubt he gets past Cleveland. If he does, somehow, there's a very slim chance that he gets by Tampa, and 0 chance he gets by Washington if he somehow falls to 6.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Even if you don't like Brady Quinn, I doubt he gets past Cleveland. If he does, somehow, there's a very slim chance that he gets by Tampa, and 0 chance he gets by Washington if he somehow falls to 6.

Only issue I have with that post would be Washington has Jason Campbell, I don't think they're gonna spend another 1st rd pick on one until they are sure he's a bust.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, NO didn't exactly need a running back last year, but it's tough to pass on the obvious best player available. Denver didn't need a QB, SF didn't need a TE, New England didn't need a RB, etc. If Brady Quinn falls to 6, and you MIGHT need a QB, you take him.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Well, NO didn't exactly need a running back last year, but it's tough to pass on the obvious best player available. Denver didn't need a QB, SF didn't need a TE, New England didn't need a RB, etc. If Brady Quinn falls to 6, and you MIGHT need a QB, you take him.

True true, but a 1st rd QB is expensive, especially to have two of them on ur roster.

OP
OP
R

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quinn wont end up in Washington. Snyder and Gibbs want to win now and another young qb wont help. i wouldnt be surprised if Minnesota passed on Quinn and he fell to Miami at 9.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess none of us can claim to be draft insiders, so I have to respect your opinion, but I think you're nuts dude. I'm not a big Brady Quinn fan, but if he falls to 9 I'll probably crap my pants.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think that the Packers will be drafting Lynch not Jarrett. Jarrett will proabbly not get past San Francisco at 11. They need a WR and he would be another piece to their offensive puzzle. Imagine an offensive with Smith, Gore, Davis, and Jarrett. That is some talent at the skilled positions.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My gut tells me that Ted Ginn is a better fit for SF and they're more likely to take him, but that's certainly debatable. Ginn's a 1 trick pony and Jarrett's speed and work ethic have come into question, so it's really a toss up.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
My gut tells me that Ted Ginn is a better fit for SF and they're more likely to take him, but that's certainly debatable. Ginn's a 1 trick pony and Jarrett's speed and work ethic have come into question, so it's really a toss up.

Dwayne Jarret? I've read nothing but good things about him and his work ethic. Apparently I need to read more. :doh:

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its funny because Quinn was gunning for the 1st pick in the draft. Now we are talking about him in the second?....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Haha, different people have different agendas. Who knows what the truth on that is.

Did a search on some more articles.

USC article, doubt anything negative would come from that site though
http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jarrett_dwayne00.html

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2611173

http://football.about.com/od/nflplayerprofiles/p/dwaynejarrett.htm

Can't find much negative about the kid. This here says he has some character issues. Well, potentially.
Overview:
Dwayne Jarrett is certainly an intriguing prospect, possessing rare size and the ability to take over a game. However, there are some concerns, most notably his speed, physicality, and some potential character issues. All in all, Jarrett will probably be one of the more touted receiving prospects on draft day, and will likely wind up somewhere in the middle of the first round, between the tenth and twentieth picks.

Can you share some of the articles that questioned his work ethic? I really wanted the Packers to get this dude, but now you have thinking ' be careful what you wish for' lol

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you share some of the articles that questioned his work ethic? I really wanted the Packers to get this dude, but now you have thinking ' be careful what you wish for' lol

Work ethic is pretty good but he is a very arrogant person from what's said. He's cocky. He's what people would call a "diva" WR. I think he's more closer to Chad Johnson in that terms than say Terrell Owens but his character could be in questioned none the less.

His big drawbacks are his speed and his frame. Outside of that there isn't much not to like about this guy. I think he can go up and get a ball at it's highest point better than Calvin Johnson and that's saying something.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion, but my opinion is that no one does anything better than Calvin Johnson ever at his age.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion, but my opinion is that no one does anything better than Calvin Johnson ever at his age.

Johnson has his weakness. If he was the perfect prospect then you would be hearing a lot more about him instead of hearing about Jarrett.

Johnson is a much better player than Jarrett. He's bigger, faster, stronger, jumps higher, goes across the middle better.

However the one and only thing Jarrett does better is go up and get the ball at it's highest point. Anyone who has played receiver knows what I'm talking about. That's extremely important for a WR. Does that mean Jarrett is better? Not at all. I'd give Jarrett a 9 out of 10 on that and Johnson a 8.5.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just like Aaron Rodgers was supposed to be the number 1 pick in 2005...

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers was nowhere near as highly rated overall as Quinn, nor was Alex Smith. If you looked at the overall rankings by scouts for QBs over the last few drafts, they would look like this.

Russell
Young
Quinn
Leinart
Cutler
Smith
Rodgers

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

no way in hell washington drafts quinn, plus ill be willing to bet money he doesnt even fall to them, and if he did the skins drafted cambell in the first round they wouldnt spend another first round pick when they need depth on defense, and also denver did need a qb plummer wasnt gonna take them to the next level and is not the qbof the future, 49ers did need a te because eric johnson is the best they had and he stays hurt, also pats did need a running back because although dillion can still play he doesnt have the speed he used to have.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers was nowhere near as highly rated overall as Quinn, nor was Alex Smith. If you looked at the overall rankings by scouts for QBs over the last few drafts, they would look like this.

Russell
Young
Quinn
Leinart
Cutler
Smith
Rodgers

Hmm, interesting. Where did you find that information?

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Mel Kiper and various others say it on ESPN since the college season started.

I was incorrect in my order. NFL Draft Scout has it as Leinart, Cutler, Young, Smith, Rodgers. This year's big 2 obviously don't have full scores yet. I know that Mel Kiper has stated multiple times that Aaron Rodgers was below both of this year's and all 3 of last year's QBs, and that Russell will probably end up his highest ranked overall of the 3 years, pending the combine.

Take as much stock as you want in NFL Draft Scout and Mel Kiper, but I tend to agree that Rodgers has the least natural talent of the 7. I'm not saying he can't be a good QB, just saying that he fell as far as he did because of that lack of natural talent. It was a general consensus that the QB SF didn't pick in 2005 would fall into the mid-1st, possibly even down to us, which Rodgers did.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:

Russell
Young
Quinn
Leinart
Cutler
Smith
Rodgers

Hmm, interesting. Where did you find that information?

He's right. Though Mel Kiper is just one ESPN draft analysis. Most would rate it similar to that. Russell would not be the #1 guy though. I'm pretty sure Young would be #1. I do know that Smith and Rodgers would probably be last. I know of some that think that Smith was a better prospect than Leinart.

If I had to take my best guess and I have no confirmation on this I'm just guessing..

I would say

1. V. Young
2. J. Russell
3. B. Quinn
4. J. Cutler
5. M. Leinart
6. A. Smith
7. A. Rodgers

I did read in the paper near the end of last year that they asked a scout some questions and he rated Rodgers #5 out Smith, Cutler, Young, and Leinart.

Members online

Latest posts