# 2 Pick From ProFootballTalk

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
SAINTS TO TRADE NO. 2 PICK

As a follow-up to the report that the Saints have signed quarterback Drew Brees, Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the Saints will now attempt to trade away the No. 2 overall pick in the draft.

This development contradicts rumblings we'd previously heard regarding the Saints' interest in Brees as a caddy for whomever they select in the two hole. Instead, Brees is the guy. The new Aaron Brooks. The next fleur-de-lis wearing flame-thrower in a long line that features . . . um . . . Bobby Hebert . . . Archie Manning . . . Chris Everett . . . .

The Saints could swap with the Jets, allowing them to get their pick of the rookie quarterbacks. But it's not clear that the Jets would draft a quarterback in round one, given their retention of Chad Pennington and the efforts to acquire Patrick Ramsey.

Other teams that might try to trade up include the Raiders, the Lions, and the Vikings.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look for the queenies to try to trade up. They got that extra #2 pick for Culpepper but it would take alot for them to move up that far. Childress is a disciple of Reid who is a disciple of Holmy. Holmy and Reid got a young QB to build the team around in their first seasons. Look for Childress to do the same.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack, my understanding is that it is a 2007 2nd rounder. Not much leverage to try to move up this year.

Talk about deferred gratification!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
DePack, my understanding is that it is a 2007 2nd rounder. Not much leverage to try to move up this year.

Talk about deferred gratification!!

Wow...really? So they get nothing this season for him? I guess that's fair. The Dolphins got nothing in return :lol:

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to fear that Mario Williams won't be available at #5. Oh well, A.J. Hawk is a stud too.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we already have on Williams on board Harry "magic hands" Williams, the best receiver since Don Hutson played the game,, so wy should we get another Williams, specially when this guy Mario will ask a lot of $$$ maybe we can trade that pick for lets say 20-25 7th rounders, one for every draft beggining this one and ending in 2030 this will give TTT more draft picks and the most important CHEAP ones

Members online

No members online now.