1st Annual

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Since we have been talking about it for some time now, I figured a several month advance notice would be sufficient time to organize, inform, and prepare the 1st Annual PackerForum.com tailgate party.

I am willing to do a lot of the leg (good thing I don't need the plural ;) ) work behind securing a location, organizing some of the food arrangements, beverages and etc. I have a "pull behind the car type grill" that I would bring for grilling if we need a large one, otherwise we might need to bring a couple smaller ones. The grill I have access to would cook a whole pig if need be. :)

Here is what we need from others here:

• First we need to decide upon a date for the Party, note the poll above. Greatest major would define the general day of the party.

• How many people are interested in attending, also those that would be willing to help in the organization and those that would be willing to help cook, setup and cleanup the day of the tailgate party?

• Should we plan on someone bringing a TV for those not attending the game?

• Donations to the party, whether in the form of bringing items to the event or greenbacks.

Most importantly, is too meet a lot of the fellow posters here and have a great time overall.

Thoughts?

Folks willing to help, either post below or PM me here..

Mods, can you make this a sticky post on top.PLEASE

LATE EDIT.. I think the cutoff for choosing a date should be June 1st to allow for enough time to secure a location and such.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st Annual "PackerForum" Tailgating Party

I think sometime during training camp. There are more dates to choose from rather than pick a specific date of a game or scrimmage, so more flexibility.
Plus the weather is generally better.
For me earliest is best seeing as my daughter will be starting her freshman year in college in late August .

I'm certainly willing to help do whatever needs doing. We only live 3 hours away and we love to go to Green Bay for whatever excuse we can think of.
I t just depends mostly on the timing of my daughters college thing.

Whatever is decided my wife and I will do our best to be there.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score

Yoop.. I live about 2 1/2 hours away, plus my wife loves to head over that way to shop, so anytime works for me with a little notice.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score

I say during the early part of the season. I live about 16-18 hours away, but have a few friends up there and an apartment to stay in. Our friends are going to give us some tix to a game next season and I would like to come up when it would still be somewhat warm . . although I do REALLY like when it's super snowy.

If it was warmer I would be a bit more motivated to drink lots of beer and such then when it's 9 degrees. =)

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Training camp sounds about right. I live in the Twin Shitties, but head over to visit friends in Sheboygan a couple times per year...and would certainly schedule around this shindig.

Would there be beer at this thing??!? LOL

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Re: 1st Annual "PackerForum" Tailgating Party

Would there be beer at this thing??!? LOL

What is a tailgate without it, especially in Wisconsin; I have begun to check into the legalities of what we can do to make sure no one is liable other than the attendee.

Anyone on here know the specifics or what we can do vs can't do on the alcohol issue?

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I say during the early part of the season. I live about 16-18 hours away, but have a few friends up there and an apartment to stay in. Our friends are going to give us some tix to a game next season and I would like to come up when it would still be somewhat warm . . although I do REALLY like when it's super snowy.

If it was warmer I would be a bit more motivated to drink lots of beer and such then when it's 9 degrees. =)
Sounds good to me too. :D

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If we are getting together it seems to make sense to catch a game as well.
my vote is for a preseason game instead of training camp.
I have tickets for the "gold" or Milwaukee package as do a few others on this board. (I thnk Trippster is one of them as well.)
I am not sure who would have tix for the "green" package.
If we were to go to a regular season game it will be much harder and more expensive (especially after they did so well this year.) to secure tickets.
As for the temp, it is still pretty warm for the preseason games as well. They are usually sometime in Aug. Many times it is a Saturday nite game.

Final note: My son is going to deploy sometime in Aug or Sept. My personal guess is that it could happen around Aug 29th so if that is the weekend of our get together I may be donating the tickets to the kitty so they do not get wasted.
I think June 1 is just about the latest we should wait to set a date.
There are so many posters it is going to be hard to find a time that suits everyone. Lets just do something and we can improve on it at the 2nd annual tailgate.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score

WPR.. that was my thought.. so everyone could affordably see the game.. but if it comes to a Reg Season game.. maybe setup a TV at the Tailgate and watch the game there for those that can't or won't be going inside the stadium. In college we used to do that all the time.. but that was 15 + years ago.

That would require a location that we can secure power.. shouldn't be that hard.

I personally would really like to see this happen.. I think it would be a hoot!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

WPR.. that was my thought.. so everyone could affordably see the game.. but if it comes to a Reg Season game.. maybe setup a TV at the Tailgate and watch the game there for those that can't or won't be going inside the stadium. In college we used to do that all the time.. but that was 15 + years ago.

That would require a location that we can secure power.. shouldn't be that hard.

I personally would really like to see this happen.. I think it would be a hoot!

Yep. If we have power we will need a tent or something as it could rain and electricity and water do not mix very well.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Here's a thought. East (or is it South-east?) of Holmgren Way is a street called Borvan. That is about 5-6 blocks from the stadium. They have several trucking and storage firms down there. Lots of parking lots. They sell parking sports for about $5-10 a game. There is even a couple of business that don't seem to use theirs at all. Perhaps we could set up a tent in one of their parking lots (park in the street to save space if need be) they will have a bathroom as well.
Many of these places have ample room. We could set up at the back of the lot so as not to interfere with the other people who are going to want to park there too. I think one of the businesses donates their proceeds to Boys Scouts.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

great idea guys..i'd be there in a flash if i lived anywhere near WI.

(i'll sticky this topic for you in a second 93.)

make it happen fellas!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think training camp would be the best time. You wouldn't have the "game day" crowds to contend with, and the cost would be minimal.
I would think then we could get permission to set up right in the Lambeau Field parking lot, which would also give us access to bathrooms, and the chance for those that haven't been there before, to see the Packer hall of fame and other Lambeau things. Plus those that haven't been there before could get up and close to the Packer players.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score

Yep. If we have power we will need a tent or something as it could rain and electricity and water do not mix very well.

Alright.. good idea.. I can get ahold of a tent to use for the weekend... 20 x 60 should work right?

As for the location, that was what I was thinking.. contact a couple of businesses and see if we can't work out a deal for not only room for a tent but for some parking as well.

Now if it happens during training camp, those options increase a 100 fold.

I have been there a number of times.. but if we did it on a gameday weekend, regular season or preseason, most that travel will spend the night and could catch the Hall of Fame the next day as well. Just throwing out ideas... I am cool with any time as long as we have it set in advance to work through the details.

Hope more people get involved... or at least give an idea if they interested.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A new day new ideas/comments

I can get ahold of a tent to use for the weekend... 20 x 60 should work right?

I would think so. At least for the 1st few years. Eventually this will grow to rival "Family Night" in Green Bay. :)

I have been there a number of times.. but if we did it on a gameday weekend, regular season or preseason, most that travel will spend the night

Since I live more than 4 hours away I planned on getting a room somewhere.

I am cool with any time as long as we have it set in advance to work through the details.

Here's the catch. It just occured to me that the NFL probably won't release the dates and times of the preseason games right away.
By that I mean they will tell us who the opponet is but don't commit to the game being a Th, Fri, Sat or Sun game until late spring (I think). Also GB then decides which game is the "green" or Bishop's Charities game and which is the "gold" or Shriner's game in June as well. So we may have to be a little flexible in our plans.

Hope more people get involved... or at least give an idea if they interested.

As time goes on more poasters will put their two cents in.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score

Pack93z said:
I am cool with any time as long as we have it set in advance to work through the details.
Here's the catch. It just occured to me that the NFL probably won't release the dates and times of the preseason games right away.
By that I mean they will tell us who the opponet is but don't commit to the game being a Th, Fri, Sat or Sun game until late spring (I think). Also GB then decides which game is the "green" or Bishop's Charities game and which is the "gold" or Shriner's game in June as well. So we may have to be a little flexible in our plans.
As time goes on more poasters will put their two cents in.

Good thought.. didn't think about that. Well I hope by June 1st we can have it narrowed down to preseason, training camp or reg season game. Then decide on a weekend.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm for having it during training camp. It seems like it would be a more relaxed environment. I know a lot of people show up for the practices, but it'd be nothing compared to the crowds for an actual game. Plus it'd be fun to catch a practice, then go to Lambeau and take the tour.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score

great idea guys..i'd be there in a flash if i lived anywhere near WI.
(i'll sticky this topic for you in a second 93.)

Thanks for the sticky.. we will try like heck... BTW.. the weather isn't full of snow that early in the year, so don't be scared to make a trip. :lol: J/K

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm for having it during training camp. It seems like it would be a more relaxed environment. I know a lot of people show up for the practices, but it'd be nothing compared to the crowds for an actual game. Plus it'd be fun to catch a practice, then go to Lambeau and take the tour.
Thats how i feel. I have been at practice many times, and there are a few thousand people there, but NOTHING compared to a game day crowd, where parking costs, and everything else costs. Game day costs of a hotel doubles their price as well. You don't have those expenses at training camp.
A couple years ago, when the Packers went 4-12, you probably could have got a pre season game ticket for cheap. But now with them going 13-3 even pre season will probably be expensive.
Plus, the players riding the bikes down to practice gives you a great chance to ger Packer pictures that you can't get on game day. You can "high five" them and get great photos.
Here's just a couple i took at practice a few years ago, to give you an idea just how close you can get to the players.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm in. If you all can put up with Raider Pride.

I will plan my fishing trip to Marquette WI around the weekend if we get the date down early enough. there is a guide there that I hire.

(Justin Kohn- All Seasons Adventures- 920-229-3494 if I can put in a shameless plug for his business as he is the best.)

In fact... I will bring Justin up with me from Marquette WI. He does the best Walleye Fish Fry I have ever had in my life, and even makes his own home made tarter sauce. We will bonk a bunch of Walleye and come up for the tailgate party and the game.

This would be so very cool.

We need to get T.O. Pack fan to drive down a truck load of Canadian Beer. Canadian beer actually works. : )

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Raider Pride said:
I'm in. If you all can put up with Raider Pride.

I will plan my fishing trip to Marquette WI around the weekend if we get the date down early enough. there is a guide there that I hire.

(Justin Kohn- All Seasons Adventures- 920-229-3494 if I can put in a shameless plug for his business as he is the best.)

In fact... I will bring Justin up with me from Marquette WI. He does the best Walleye Fish Fry I have ever had in my life, and even makes his own home made tarter sauce. We will bonk a bunch of Walleye and come up for the tailgate party and the game.

This would be so very cool.

We need to get T.O. Pack fan to drive down a truck load of Canadian Beer. Canadian beer actually works. : )
he aint the only one who can buy the stuff though he is 5 or 6 hours closer than i am :lol:
good luck with this boys! the first is the hardest to plan, afterwards it should be smooth sailing since most of it will be: "same place, same time, new and old people"
-Matt

Jamie

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would be in for whatever you all decide. I live about an hour and a half from Green Bay. I can also help out if you need me for anything, let me know.
Thanks, Jamie.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score

I would be in for whatever you all decide. I live about an hour and a half from Green Bay. I can also help out if you need me for anything, let me know.
Thanks, Jamie.

Cool, thanks for offering to lend a hand, probably take you up on that. Thanks again.

Members online

Latest posts