1973 GBP autograph football

sevenal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello GNB maniacs.
Best wishes for todays game.

I was wondering if any of the most dedicated Packer fans in the world might give me some input about a ball I acquired around 1977.
it has about 35 signatures on it and I date it to the 73 team as one of the players is Barry Smith a 73 start. Others are Ellis, Tagge, Pureifoy, Brockington, Krause, Staggers, McCoy, Winthrow, McGeorge, Goodman, Buchanon, Hayhoe, Carter, Widby, McBride, and many others.

Here is one confusing fact, Bob Kroll signed this ball and stats say he played 5 games, total in 1972?

This ball is the tan/brown smooth ball you typically see these autographs on.

My step dad Harry Miller was the life insurance provider for the team and they presented him this ball in appreciation.

This may not have been Green Bays hay day but as every NFL fan knows this is a true snapshop in time for perhaps the grandest old team.

Can anyone advise as to the best place for this ball to reside and perhaps a general value of this historic ol' pigskin prize.

Thanks for reading and good luck today.

AL
a.k.a. sevenal

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello GNB maniacs.
Best wishes for todays game.

I was wondering if any of the most dedicated Packer fans in the world might give me some input about a ball I acquired around 1977.
it has about 35 signatures on it and I date it to the 73 team as one of the players is Barry Smith a 73 start. Others are Ellis, Tagge, Pureifoy, Brockington, Krause, Staggers, McCoy, Winthrow, McGeorge, Goodman, Buchanon, Hayhoe, Carter, Widby, McBride, and many others.

Here is one confusing fact, Bob Kroll signed this ball and stats say he played 5 games, total in 1972?

This ball is the tan/brown smooth ball you typically see these autographs on.

My step dad Harry Miller was the life insurance provider for the tam and they presented him this ball in appreciation.

This may not have been Green Bays hay day but as every NFL fan knows this is a true snapshop in time for perhaps the grandest old team.

Can anyone advise as to the best place for this ball to reside and perhaps a general value of this historic ol' pigskin prize.

Thanks for reading and god luck today.

AL
a.k.a. sevenal

a few pictures would be great.

It realy depends on the quality of signatures and if they are auto signed or signed by hand. But if in great condition, and everything checks out I would say about $300-$500. I would contact Chris Nerat for more information if I was you.

OP
OP
S

sevenal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.
The ball shows some age from just storage. It's been in my attic for 26 years now.
Condition is pristine as it has been in a plastic sleeve forever. The signatures/autographs are extremely irregular
in their location so it is obvious that the team members held and wrote their names on the ball.
After the game I'll take some photos and upload to photobucket to post here. In the mean time picture a like new old stock ball with the patina of 38 years with semi dark, perfectly clear sharpie autographs.

The prob with this picture is I have always been an AFC fan and this great ball should be somewhere other than my attic.
"I'm not worthy"
No really I would love for this ball to be in the Hall of fame or somewhere it would be cherished.
like I said it's not a Bart Star ball or Brett Farve ball but it must bring back great memories for all you true
Cheese Heads.
go with best wishes and enjoy the game .

OP
OP
S

sevenal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this worthy of a public exhibition somewhere?
It's really not just about money. Some people may really like to
see things like this. I'm certainly am not opposed to selling it
but I want to do the right thing with it.
Can anyone tell if I am correct in the year (1973)
Are there any sand out names on here that I am not really
getting the significance of?
I'm sure some of these past gridiron heroes went on to play more years or on other
great NFL teams.

Thanks

AL
a.k.a. sevenal

OP
OP
S

sevenal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe i posted this when other Packers matters may superceed comentary on this old GNB relic or it's just not a year that sparks intrest.
But I'm still curious.
Is it 1973?
Is it an inportant peice of Green Bay history.
What am i overlooking?

Thanks

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe i posted this when other Packers matters may superceed comentary on this old GNB relic or it's just not a year that sparks intrest.
But I'm still curious.
Is it 1973?
Is it an inportant peice of Green Bay history.
What am i overlooking?

Thanks

its from 73 according to someone I checked with.

yeah the 70s arent very popular for packer fans. My original estimate was what the expert I checked with said too. Again, you should contact chris, he can help you more than anyone on this forum.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the Packers hall of fame take donations from packers history but very very rarely take items on loans. I am sure they would love to have the ball.

OP
OP
S

sevenal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No reply from Mr. Nerat.
I'm sure he has his own agenda to attend, as do we all.

Thank you very much !

OP
OP
S

sevenal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No reply from Chris
I'm sure he has his own urgent matter to attend.
I guess I'll seek another venue.

Thank You All for reading and any consideration

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Anybody have any idea what a 1996 team football is worth? Desmond Howard and Andre Rison on it I believe, so you know it's SB winning season.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody have any idea what a 1996 team football is worth? Desmond Howard and Andre Rison on it I believe, so you know it's SB winning season.

so many were laser etched or what not you have to make sure its been hand signed first. Then depending on the quality of signatures.

OP
OP
S

sevenal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Valued at $500
Asking $100 plus shipping
See pictures at start of thread
Has not been inflated since 1973
Kept in plastic bag
Flawless

OP
OP
S

sevenal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could not stand for this great ol ball to be stashed away at my house any longer.

SOLD

$100

What a steal and I love it that a GBP fan will have it.

God Bless

Members online

Latest posts