170 years of hitting...

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are NFL's 3rd oldest team, having been with the NFL since 1921. And the Giants are the 4th oldest, having been in existence since 1925...

Between the 2 of them, they've been at this game for 170 some years of football tradition. Sure the faces have changed and the times have changed but the mutual respect for tradition, the rivalry, and the passion have not.

I have a feeling this will be a bitterly contested, pound-it-out kind of game that we see the highlights of in NFL films of old...

With the pride of NFC on the line, one aged Quarterback, a youthful and dynamic team that has shocked the football world with their resiliency, and the elements of January in the Frozen tundra.

Something about the elements that add a special touch to the game. Personally, I don't think the best of the best don't come to play until the
weather turns frigid and we have 2 teams who have risen to the top to brave the conditions.

I have a feeling this game will be won by the team who survives the conditions the best... A huge edge has to go to the Packers who played their last game in the frozen and frigid conditions in a snow storm.

Giants won their last two games in Tampa and Dallas... Will they be upto the task?

A team doesn't make it this far without some real talent but will they have the talent to survive the freezing conditions? THAT takes real talent. Real character.

Packers have shown their character all season with their ability to pull out the tough games. I see another tough game but this time, the test is on the Giants.

Teams don't make it this far without the the ability. I think this game will be VERY well played by both teams... With the elements playing a role on the outcome.

In the end, the Packers, their will, talent, and character will prevail.

I am personally very excited and eagerly await the kickoff.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are NFL's 3rd oldest team, having been with the NFL since 1921. And the Giants are the 4th oldest, having been in existence since 1925...

Between the 2 of them, they've been at this game for 170 some years of football tradition. Sure the faces have changed and the times have changed but the mutual respect for tradition, the rivalry, and the passion have not.

I have a feeling this will be a bitterly contested, pound-it-out kind of game that we see the highlights of in NFL films of old...

With the pride of NFC on the line, one aged Quarterback, a youthful and dynamic team that has shocked the football world with their resiliency, and the elements of January in the Frozen tundra.

Something about the elements that add a special touch to the game. Personally, I don't think the best of the best don't come to play until the
weather turns frigid and we have 2 teams who have risen to the top to brave the conditions.

I have a feeling this game will be won by the team who survives the conditions the best... A huge edge has to go to the Packers who played their last game in the frozen and frigid conditions in a snow storm.

Giants won their last two games in Tampa and Dallas... Will they be upto the task?

A team doesn't make it this far without some real talent but will they have the talent to survive the freezing conditions? THAT takes real talent. Real character.

Packers have shown their character all season with their ability to pull out the tough games. I see another tough game but this time, the test is on the Giants.

Teams don't make it this far without the the ability. I think this game will be VERY well played by both teams... With the elements playing a role on the outcome.

great post obi1! everything you just mentioned is why i love teams like the packers or even the giants. so much history between the two and even from the two that you love watching every minute knowing its history being written.
props for the post!

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:

great post obi1! everything you just mentioned is why i love teams like the packers or even the giants. so much history between the two and even from the two that you love watching every minute knowing its history being written.
props for the post!

Thanks Mateus.

ClassyGiantsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mateus said:
Obi1 said:

props for the post!

Thanks Mateus.
Agreed. I hate pretentious hobags that get lucky and get to the NFC championship. They have no class or pride, just arrogance. Glad this year is a different story. Two historic teams that actually have heart and pride to wear the colors that they wear. I'm loving this.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
mateus said:
Obi1 said:

props for the post!

Thanks Mateus.
Agreed. I hate pretentious hobags that get lucky and get to the NFC championship. They have no class or pride, just arrogance. Glad this year is a different story. Two historic teams that actually have heart and pride to wear the colors that they wear. I'm loving this.
so tru classy!
its what sports fans live for!
this is the islanders vs the oilers for the stanley cup, the habs vs the leafs for the eastern conference championship, this will be as good as the yankees and red sox going at it for the world series.
lets enjoy another page of history boys!
w00t!

Members online

Latest posts