16-0?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pats didnt lose focus, they got beat by a better team. And out coached. I understand Belicheck is a great coach, but he lost the most important game of his career.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmm you guys say that the giants pass rush is no joke (and it is not)... but last time i checked, san diego had a top 5 pass rush, and rodgers tore that team a new *******.

Loran

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man I hope we can go 16-0 and then finish it off with 19-0. Lions, Giants, and Bears would be our biggest hurdles in the regular season. The thing that worries me about the Giant game is the pass rush and if gets real windy there. I remember last years game against the Jets was very windy.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why some Packers fans want to see them lose one or two games.
They somehow think that is reassuring. But only to them.
And frankly I think that is selfish thinking.
Why can't every Packers fan want to see them go 19-0?

Unomee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why some Packers fans want to see them lose one or two games.

I did not say I WANT to see them lose any games. 19-0 would be great. I hope it does end that way, would love to see that. What I'm saying is what I'd rather see given those two scenarios.

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
Let these guys say 19-0 isn't going to happen. Let them say they would rather lose a couple of games. Because when 19-0 really does happen, it's going to be that much sweeter for you and I.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Let these guys say 19-0 isn't going to happen. Let them say they would rather lose a couple of games. Because when 19-0 really does happen, it's going to be that much sweeter for you and I.
No matter which way you slice it, one thing is clear, the Packers are the elite of the NFL and then there's everybody else. CAN another team beat them? Sure, Will another team beat them? Maybe. Either way it's difficult to forecast a scenario where the Packers lose. So until I see another team that is clearly better than the Packers is it okay if I consider them unbeatable? Packers fans are the most well read and knowledgeable fans in the NFL but a strong pessimistic streak runs through them. I know, I watched these Packers since the 60's.
The Green Bay Packers are the envy of the league. They are no longer considered "maybes". They are the best football team in the world unless and until they are beaten. I find it hard to believe any team in history has ever been coached so well to accept the success this team has. It's game to game, no more "traps".

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

jwmann2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This seems to be a pretty popular topic on another packer website or two (one with a subscription). From the front office to the players (Peprah, I know, I was surprised it wasnt finley!).

Can they do it?

What would it take?

Do you like the pressure on them?

Rest players?

Can this ruin a team?

I am not a fan of stuff like this, and try to just focus on the next game, but it seems to be a popular topic so I figured we could discuss it here.

The moment topics like this start to appear, the team usually loses the next game. Who cares? If they go 9-7 and win the super bowl, isn't that better than 16-0 and losing in the super bowl like the Patriots did in 2007?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The moment topics like this start to appear, the team usually loses the next game. Who cares? If they go 9-7 and win the super bowl, isn't that better than 16-0 and losing in the super bowl like the Patriots did in 2007?

I started the thread OCT 6th :)

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
The 16-0 talk has started before the season started for the Packers. With what you said, neither of those things are going to happen. The best team in the NFL should beat every other team.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Aaron was just pressed by Steve Young on this wasn't he?

Aaron just said "There are no meaningless games."

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
If our defense shows up and plays like they did tonight every week, we can definitely go 16-0 and win the whole thing again

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
If our defense shows up and plays like they did tonight every week, we can definitely go 16-0 and win the whole thing again
Don't get to cocky, they showed up and beat up a 2-7 team with a rookie QB starting his 3rd game. While they did well, I see some things most won't want to hear. So for now, I'll let you live your glory of the game and if you want another opinion let me know.

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
Guys, our defense just isn't good enough to go.. Gimme a break. Our defense has it's swagger back.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the packers defense was facing an inept offense though.

Lets see how they face against a better O imo

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

First of all, the Pack beat Minny last time by only 6 points. 33-27 in Minn.
So you can see how the D has improved.
And Adrian Peterson, one of the best RBs in the league, only held back to less than 55 yards when last time they faced AP he had 175 yards.

As for facing a better offense, we already have. Like the Chargers?
Unless you have someone else in mind.
But you know how that would go.
The Packers O would outscore the opponents O while the D holds back the other teams from running up the score.
And this could be the motivator, the turn around game for the D.
Look out. Here they come.

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know some may say, oh the worst case scenario is 9-7 but I really think that the worst case scenario is 14-2.

Guaranteed Wins: Home against Bears, Lions, Bucs, Raiders, @ Chiefs

Potential Losses: @ Lions, @ Giants.

I really do think this team goes 16-0 though.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Insane to think any win is guaranteed. You sound like a steeler fan.

Plus we have to clean up the pad level. ;)

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score

That same offense just two weeks prior gashed us for over 350 yards of total offense. It's an improvement regardless.

I'm well aware that Minnesota sucks, I said that if the defense can show up like this every week we can go all the way.

They didn't give more than 1 or 2 big plays and we were able to get off the field on 3rd down on more than one occasion, which has been a rarity this season in pretty much every game we've played

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That same offense just two weeks prior gashed us for over 350 yards of total offense. It's an improvement regardless.

I'm well aware that Minnesota sucks, I said that if the defense can show up like this every week we can go all the way.

They didn't give more than 1 or 2 big plays and we were able to get off the field on 3rd down on more than one occasion, which has been a rarity this season in pretty much every game we've played
I think you mean 4th down, dontchya?
Cause if the D is able to stop them before they play the 3rd down, they'd be the most super-epic-awesome D ever!

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Have you not been watching any other games?! First of all, no matter how bad the Bears are, they always, always, always play us tough home or away. Not only that, but their defense has really come together recently. The Bears game is anything but a guarantee. As for the Lions, I'm not sure anyone knows yet. They do have the talent and the potential. Then there is the "any given Sunday" argument.
I have to stand with ivo on this one -- it is insane to think any game is guaranteed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts