16-0?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, these threads are starting to get old and tired. Can we be stopped? Yeah, probably. Will we? Who knows. No further discussion on the subject is really needed at this point. Let's just enjoy the ride.

I just merged the "Can the Packers be stopped" thread into this one. Please keep all discussion on this topic contained to this offical thread.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get why people think the Packers have to lose a regular season game in order to win the Super Bowl. No, they don't, and it's nonsense to even suggest it.

Whomever up above posted that the Packers don't need to go on a 16 game win streak, only a 9 game win streak has the right idea. Take each week one a time, starting with the Chargers this weekend. Worry about the rest when it's that time.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
now wssp 1250 am out of milwaukee is discussing this...

This is about the 4th time a topic made here, their radio show has same topics..But they wait a few days...either we have fans that are thinking faster then a radio show, or they are stealing our content

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is about the 4th time a topic made here, their radio show has same topics..But they wait a few days...either we have fans that are thinking faster then a radio show, or they are stealing our content

It's a popular topic, not just in Wisconsin and not just amoung Packer fans. I'm hearing about it on the Eagle's Philly sports shows. I think it's because it's no longer just a dream for them to have a perfect season, but it's becoming a more and more realistic possibility with each win. People are looking at our schedule and looking at this team and realizing that here is a team that can do it. I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm just saying the odds of it happening are suddenly looking more like it will than it won't.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok...

There was one not to long ago that the topic was almost word for word what they had

This was email I sent them a while back

And actually....It wasnt WSSP it was 540 am ESPN Milwaukee that did it..

Good afternoon,

I have a question that I emailed to the "D list" back on 8-19 that no one replied to

On 8-19 1150 am, on 540 ESPN facebook page, they posted

Who are the 5 most indispensable players on the roster Packers roster this season? Drew and Dan will discuss on "Big 12 Sports Saturday with 540 ESPN."

While on the surface it seems like a great question but to me it looked familiar..Then I recalled why, I belong to forum that posted the same question 4 days earlier, but asked for top 6..

http://www.packerforum.com/f8/2011-green-bays-6-indespensible-players-30587-2.html This was our title 2011- Green Bay's 6 Indespensible Players

I am not saying anyone copied our content, I just found it odd that almost the exact same title was used and instead of 6 players it went to 5..

I know this isn't the 1st time I seen an odd occurrence such as this..Just putting it out there, that I think we will be watching a little more closely

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no doubt the various media poaches content off the fans. We basically do the heavy lifting for them, from topics to research to debate and discussion. All they need to do is find a topic, read what people are saying and then cover it as if it's their own. Thus is the world we live in.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So..... you think they read places, forums such at this for content? We can use that to our advantage and feed their heads! :devilish: What say you?!

I have no doubt in my mind that they do. User created content is cheap (Read: Free) and only costs them a bit of time cleaning it up. Hell, half the opinions they give on the air are regurgitated from fan created content. They have little heavy lifting, which saves them money and keeps them relevant.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no doubt in my mind that they do. User created content is cheap (Read: Free) and only costs them a bit of time cleaning it up. Hell, half the opinions they give on the air are regurgitated from fan created content. They have little heavy lifting, which saves them money and keeps them relevant.

Some of their subject matter is rooted in what fans are thinking so there may be something to it. You have to do research somewhere, it just depends on what people think is a reliable source.

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
I don't get why people think the Packers have to lose a regular season game in order to win the Super Bowl. No, they don't, and it's nonsense to even suggest it.

Whomever up above posted that the Packers don't need to go on a 16 game win streak, only a 9 game win streak has the right idea. Take each week one a time, starting with the Chargers this weekend. Worry about the rest when it's that time.
Exactly. People are saying the ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl. The ultimate goal is to win every game we play. There is no reason that this team can't do that. To touch up on what you said, if we go 16-0, this does not mean we are going to lose in the Super Bowl.

If we go 16-0 and make the Super Bowl, what makes anyone think we are going to suddenly lose focus and lose a game? Please don't bring up the Patriots.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im worried that if the Pack goes 16 and 0 wins the Super Bowl and Rodgers wins the MVP the Packers will be one team (the 1%) and own 99% of the awards and victories that matter. Teams may protest and this could turn into full on confrence and division warfare. Occupy Packers will happen. :D

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. People are saying the ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl. The ultimate goal is to win every game we play. There is no reason that this team can't do that. To touch up on what you said, if we go 16-0, this does not mean we are going to lose in the Super Bowl.

If we go 16-0 and make the Super Bowl, what makes anyone think we are going to suddenly lose focus and lose a game? Please don't bring up the Patriots.

^This.

Different team, a different year, and different circumstances. Twice in league history has a team been undefeated and made it to the Super Bowl. One time they lost, another time they won. That tells me your odds of winning it and completing the perfect season are 50/50.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been predicting for many weeks now that GB will go undefeated and repeat as SB champs. After looking at their schedule, I'm more convinced than ever that an undefeated regular season is well within their grasp. The trick in my opinion is not to let their foot of the gas and rest players at the end. Momentum is everything going into the post-season. If GB goes undefeated they'll get a first round bye anyway. That'll give 'em plenty of time to rest.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-Mike McCarthey was asked on Packers.com if taking a loss or two would be good for the postseason. You know 'get it out of your system' before it really counts. Note McCarthy has a master's degree in Sports Administration, and it appears he knows a thing or two about sports/performance psychology.

Here is his reply "Philosophically, we could talk all day about winning and losing. Winning and losing are representative of the three reinforcement theories – positive, negative and zero. As you develop a program that gives a team the ability to grow, positive reinforcement is the best formula for growth. Historically and through case studies, that’s been proven. Negative reinforcement is a short-term answer for correction, but constant negative reinforcement inhibits growth. I think winning and losing parallels the positive versus negative theory. To answer the question, I don’t think a loss is ever good, but it can give you short-term negative reinforcement to get your focus back in line. As a leader, I feel strongly that I can keep the team focused through winning and positive reinforcement to promote growth and confidence as we move forward. As a result, winning becomes ingrained, habitual and establishes a standard. A loss can be a punch in the mouth, but it inhibits progress. In professional sports, it’s all about winning and progressing to be the best you can be, because if you’re playing the best you can, your chances of winning increase greatly."

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

Now all we need is for the Packer management to start listening to what is posted on this board! I mean, we have ALL the problems solved, don't we? :)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think we might lose to the Giants.

Those types of games are going to be key. As the season progresses and you find yourself facing teams who are more desperate for the win. The Packers have to overcome the urgency of opposing teams if the win is not as needed for them.

Of course the possibility of the best season of all time can be all the motivation the Packers need to overcome some hurdles. And based on what McCarthy says it sounds like the team has the right leader for this situation.

Just have to watch out for injuries. You could possibly sit a player or two if your are in position for the perfect season. But, as long as Aaron Rodgers is out there you can win any game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Some of their subject matter is rooted in what fans are thinking so there may be something to it. You have to do research somewhere, it just depends on what people think is a reliable source.

If on a forum long enough you know what is reliable and what isnt..

Look at that reporter from a Florida newspaper? He quoted posts for his column

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Those types of games are going to be key. As the season progresses and you find yourself facing teams who are more desperate for the win. The Packers have to overcome the urgency of opposing teams if the win is not as needed for them.

Of course the possibility of the best season of all time can be all the motivation the Packers need to overcome some hurdles. And based on what McCarthy says it sounds like the team has the right leader for this situation.

Just have to watch out for injuries. You could possibly sit a player or two if your are in position for the perfect season. But, as long as Aaron Rodgers is out there you can win any game.

I agree but the Gaints pass rush is one of the best in the league and our protection lately hasn't exactly been stellar

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coming into the season I predicted 4 Packers losses: vs. New Orleans, at Minnesota, at San Diego and at the GIANTS. (Reasoning for the Vikings pick came because of McNabb, who owned us for years.) We've won two of those with a third big one this week. But all it takes is one loss to ruin it.

Cheering for your team to go undefeated is very tense - like most of you I had never seen the Packers go better than 4-0. Fortunately, it's not like college football, where one loss ruins your season.

By the way, a 16-0 record would also break the NFL record for longest winning streak ever with 22 wins in a row - the Patriots currently hold that record at 21.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
It's a popular topic, not just in Wisconsin and not just amoung Packer fans. I'm hearing about it on the Eagle's Philly sports shows. I think it's because it's no longer just a dream for them to have a perfect season, but it's becoming a more and more realistic possibility with each win. People are looking at our schedule and looking at this team and realizing that here is a team that can do it. I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm just saying the odds of it happening are suddenly looking more like it will than it won't.
Not to be a broken chip in your salsa but statistically speaking every game going forward is still a 50/50 proposition.
But yep Kitten, imagine how loud it's going to be 3 or 4 weeks from now if they've not been beaten. Also, I know you're not predicting it but I had to take a shot at my favorite Reggie White Packer fan.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to be a broken chip in your salsa but statistically speaking every game going forward is still a 50/50 proposition.
But yep Kitten, imagine how loud it's going to be 3 or 4 weeks from now if they've not been beaten. Also, I know you're not predicting it but I had to take a shot at my favorite Reggie White Packer fan.

A fellow Reggie White/ Packers fan can take all the shots at me they'd like! :)

I wasn't making a prediction, I don't want to jinx it. I'm just saying the likelihood of it occurring is increasing and becoming more and more believable.

Members online