16-0?

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some fans want to be realistic and be prepared for a loss...I for one would love an undefeated season including a SB win..But face it, odds are it will not happen..

A while back on OBF I was trying to explain how the Giants very well could beat the Packers in that NFC game..Do you know how much crap I got for not believing in the team? I felt bad that I thought the Packers could lose, but it was MY opinion and no one had the right to tell me to leave that board or tell me I wasn't fan...

Let's do the same curiosity here and not have any name calling, or tell people to get off the board..

I hope this is the last time I or any other mod has to step in and tell people to stop the fighting

I dont think anyones fighting, healthy debates I like to call it :p

But yeh only 1 team has went 16-0 so the odds are obviously against us, thats not to say that it wont happen. Just very unlikely.

My point was I just want to get into the playoffs, regardless of the record.

Playoffs and homefield advantage please!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This team has holes and can be beat. The defense gives up way too much yardage, which one of these days could come bite them in the *** against a team that is very good offensively. Not only that but the offense tends to make a habit of.....getting out of sink at the worse times and part of that is on the defense for being on the field so long.

I would love for this team to gain perfection, I think they COULD do it...I just don't know if they WILL.

Yeah, and they only play at Lambeau when they should play in the Dallas megaplex, and Aaron Rodgers isn't Tom Brady, and Greg Jennings isn't Megatron, and Ryan Grant isn't Arian Foster and Charles Woodson isn't Nnamdi Asomugha....what's wrong with you people? Can't you see how bad this team is???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think anyones fighting, healthy debates I like to call it :p

But yeh only 1 team has went 16-0 so the odds are obviously against us, thats not to say that it wont happen. Just very unlikely.

My point was I just want to get into the playoffs, regardless of the record.

Playoffs and homefield advantage please!

Yeah I know..Just giving a heads up that we are watching lol

Reaction score
I don't even think about 16 - 0. I just think about the next opponent. Unfortunately anything can happen at any time. Core player get's hurt, close game and a bad play happens for the Pack, the Viking's wake from their sleep next week and pull out a win. Who know's, let's just keep the locomotive rolling in the right direction!
Trapped

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Never thought I'd see the day Florio showed more faith in the Packers than a lot of their fans. He posted this morning that it might not be too early to think the Packers could be the first team to win three straight Super Bowls. I take back everything bad I ever said about him dissing the Pack.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never thought I'd see the day Florio showed more faith in the Packers than a lot of their fans. He posted this morning that it might not be too early to think the Packers could be the first team to win three straight Super Bowls. I take back everything bad I ever said about him dissing the Pack.

Seems a little premature. So many things could happen. Win another and its a fair topic though.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not that but everybody even on ESPN Packers 16-0!!!!

That's what analysts do. They say things that are colorful. Don't take them too seriously. The most important thing is to form your own opinion. Look at the rest of the teams on our schedule, one by one. Is there a single game that you don't think we could win?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fellas chill out here. No need to argue. We all would love to see us go 16-0, then 3-0.
New England went 16-0, then win, win, loss, 18-1, bad bad bad taste in their mouths still today. Which I like.

#1- All our #1 goal is to win the Super Bowl. Obvious.
#2- All of us would love to do #1, while making history and going 19-0. Obviously.
#3- All of us would rather go 10-6, win Super Bowl, then do what the Patriots did in 07.
#4- Some of us do not think we can go 19-0. Some believe it's possible to not lose to anyone.
#5- Whether you are on the optimistic or pessimistic side of the #4 spectrum, we all still fit in #2.

I just posted an interesting video on this undefeated subject on my site. www.PackersInsider.com if you want to see some outside opinions of this topic.

It's not Michael Irvin, but he's mentioned the possibility of us doing this as early as week 1.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but HOPING FOR THE PACKERS TO LOSE? Seriously, what the hell kind of fan are you?

TBH, if the Packers make it back to the Superbowl I would almost hope they make it back to the Superbowl having lost one or two games rather than being undefeated. Having the chance to be undefeated and win the Superbowl adds a TON of unnecessary pressure to the team rather than just playing for the championship. Not to mention I believe a team learns A LOT more from a loss than they do from a win. I think this is what killed the Patriots when they tried to do it.

That being said, it'd be pretty cool if they won the superbowl while being 16-0 ;).

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I don't think anyone should look beyond the next game. If being 16 - 0 is our goal, we have to jump from step 6 to 16 in one leap. It would be a lot easier if we go from step 6 to 7, then 7 to 8, 8 to 9, and so on. One game, One victory at a time.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone should look beyond the next game. If being 16 - 0 is our goal, we have to jump from step 6 to 16 in one leap. It would be a lot easier if we go from step 6 to 7, then 7 to 8, 8 to 9, and so on. One game, One victory at a time.
Yes, that is correct!
The good thing is coach McCarthy and the rest of the coaching staff are good at that with the team. He has the pulse of the team on his finger with these things. Remember last year. Brilliant when the pressure built.

That being said, we the fans and the media surely will discuss it as everyone did with the Patriots, Saints, and Colts over the past 4 seasons.

You think Farve would like to see this team DO THE IMPOSSIBLE and go 19-0 staking a claim to the GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME?

Would Farve say he's surprised Rodgers didn't do it sooner? That he fell into a great situation?

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who really cares whether we go 16-0 or not? I got plenty of enjoyment out of a 10-6 season last year with a championship. They could go 9-7 for all I care, I'll still go crazy if they'd somehow pull out a Super Bowl title.

Of course, a 19-0 season would be pretty freaking epic :p And it's certainly not impossible, either. The Packers are better than every team remaining on their schedule. It's just a matter of whether or not they're able to stay focused.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, and they only play at Lambeau when they should play in the Dallas megaplex, and Aaron Rodgers isn't Tom Brady, and Greg Jennings isn't Megatron, and Ryan Grant isn't Arian Foster and Charles Woodson isn't Nnamdi Asomugha....what's wrong with you people? Can't you see how bad this team is???

did you even read my post or just throw this crap out there...in no way am I saying this team is bad, just that it has holes that anyone can take advantage of. Quit drinking the Kool-Aid and take the blinders off. This is a good to great team, but in now way is it perfect. I would LOVE for this team to go 19-0, but I don't know if it will happen. I will be happy with 18-1 or 17-2 and as long as the Lombardi Trophy comes back home again. I care about Super Bowl titles, nothing more.

Castle Of Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This may sound odd, but I don't think I want them to go 16-0. Certain losses seem to have served as a wakeup call in the past and caused them to play even better afterward. I think it is confidence vs. over confidence. I don't want them to stroll into the playoffs thinking all they have to do is show up and win.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
did you even read my post or just throw this crap out there...in no way am I saying this team is bad, just that it has holes that anyone can take advantage of. Quit drinking the Kool-Aid and take the blinders off. This is a good to great team, but in now way is it perfect. I would LOVE for this team to go 19-0, but I don't know if it will happen. I will be happy with 18-1 or 17-2 and as long as the Lombardi Trophy comes back home again. I care about Super Bowl titles, nothing more.

It's called "sarcasm". This team is 2nd in the league in interceptions, 8th in the league in preventing scores, has an 11 game winning streak going and people are still trying to find fault. There is NO perfect team, never has been, never will be. Even the undefeated Dolphins had weaknesses. Everybody cries about yardage given up. Guess who the number 31 and 32 teams in the league are at giving up yards; Patriots (5-1) and Bills (4-2). Yards allowed is a deceptive stat this year.

So if people can't enjoy the kool aid during the party, when can they? Never? I can just see it in the future; "Oh we just just won our 3rd Super Bowl in a row, but this team has such big holes in it...."

All I'm saying is that Packers fans are enjoying something really special right now, something that doesn't happen too often. Maybe these fans should sit back, relax and have some fun.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think it is still premature to claim that the packers can/will go 16-0.

Need to reopen this discussion if the packers are 11-0 or 12-0 IMO

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we reach 16-0, I'll be at Lambeau for the celebration. If we don't go 16-0, I'll be at Lambeau for the playoff celebration. If the world crumbles and we miss the playoffs, I'll still be at Lambeau loving my team, so it's a win/win/win in my book!

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's called "sarcasm". This team is 2nd in the league in interceptions, 8th in the league in preventing scores, has an 11 game winning streak going and people are still trying to find fault. There is NO perfect team, never has been, never will be. Even the undefeated Dolphins had weaknesses. Everybody cries about yardage given up. Guess who the number 31 and 32 teams in the league are at giving up yards; Patriots (5-1) and Bills (4-2). Yards allowed is a deceptive stat this year.

So if people can't enjoy the kool aid during the party, when can they? Never? I can just see it in the future; "Oh we just just won our 3rd Super Bowl in a row, but this team has such big holes in it...."

All I'm saying is that Packers fans are enjoying something really special right now, something that doesn't happen too often. Maybe these fans should sit back, relax and have some fun.

I'm not saying that you can't enjoy it or want the team to be excellent, I want that myself. It's fun to watch, but I'll admit I got tired watching them play the Rams on Sunday and turned it off in the 3rd Quarter mostly cuz that particular game was boring and my internet was messing up which admittedly pissed me off more than the crummy play in the 2nd half by the Packers.

They will always have holes, it's the nature of the beast. I'm just being realistic about this team. It can be beat, they just haven't played a team that could, Saints came the closest and it was BECAUSE off all the yards the Defense gave up.

I don't feel better being compared to the Pats or Bills when giving up yards. Everyone knows the Pats defense sucks and is their Achilles heal, same with the Bills, it's part of the reason they both have lost 3 games combined, which admittedly isn't bad, but it's still a 1/3 of their combined games

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
i think it is still premature to claim that the packers can/will go 16-0.

Need to reopen this discussion if the packers are 11-0 or 12-0 IMO
Nah, it's never premature. We are talking about a possibility, a hope, a dream, a moment of Nirvana. Everyone knows the odds. No one is making a guarantee, we are just enjoying the ride while it lasts and are not afraid to dream of the possible. Just like everyone does about the Superbowl every year.

We are almost halfway thru the season. We have yet to play our best ball, there are nothing but positives all around us. We have NEVER been in a situation with this much potential before.

“Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not.”
Robert Francis Kennedy

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah, it's never premature. We are talking about a possibility, a hope, a dream, a moment of Nirvana. Everyone knows the odds. No one is making a guarantee, we are just enjoying the ride while it lasts and are not afraid to dream of the possible. Just like everyone does about the Superbowl every year.

We are almost halfway thru the season. We have yet to play our best ball, there are nothing but positives all around us. We have NEVER been in a situation with this much potential before.

“Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not.”
Robert Francis Kennedy
Couldn't have put it any better myself R double C.

If any Cheatriots fans are in here questioning our desire to see the Pack go 19-0, I wonder what they were thinking when the Cheats were 6-0 in their almost flawless season?
Jealous?
Worried that the Pack will beat the Pats with the idea of being perfect?

On a side note: I hate the Pats. Frakin cheaters.
They deserved to lose to the Giants, who I was rooting for btw.
Any team but the Cheats. I have zero tolerance for cheaters and liars. Just sayin.,..

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this team can go all the way Why because they have the talent not just in A_Rod but the rest of the o-line.Yea they didn't do much in the second half,but maybe its because they knew the d-line could hold the rams to 3 yea I was hoping they would score more,but they were up 21 points,don't get me wrong the lions will be a challenge,chargers but I think they will find away to beat them,and if they do lose still feel they can win s.b they are a great team this year.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over 8000 answers to this poll question at the Gazette.

When will the Packers suffer their first loss?

• At Minnesota: 5.7%
  • At San Diego: 28.1%
  • At Detroit: 29.5%
  • In the playoffs: 2.8%
  • They will finish unbeaten: 34.0%
Total votes: 8409

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who really cares whether we go 16-0 or not?
Well, you answered the question yourself in a way.
And apparently over 8000 Packer fans at the GB Press-Gazette care. Local and national journalists care, ESPN, NFL Network care, some players on the Packers certainly want to win em all.

We all know the Super Bowl is the most important thing, but to be the first team ever to go 19-0 would be historic.

Me personally, I don't think it will be done. But I'd personally rather win the Super Bowl going 19-0 than 14-2 or 13-3, 12-4, and win the Super Bowl.
But the Super Bowl is the only thing that matters really.

Members online

Latest posts