16-0?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what cheeseheadfanatic is trying to say is be cautiously optimistic. Going undefeated is hard and rare. Sure we have a team right now that can do it, but maybe he is just saying don't put your hopes too high. I hope I'm not putting words in his mouth, just saying what I'm reading here. No need to beat him with our cheesehead hats, he's just voicing a concern whether we want to believe it or not. Cut him some slack already.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
And you guys also fail to remember we lost to a winless Buccaneers team a few years ago... granted this is a different team, anything can happen on Sunday. And just because their the Packers they aren't vulnerable to having a bad game.

Yeah, Freeman's breakout party. Freak accidents happen, any given Sunday, but given how great the Packers can play, how they have demonstrated that they can do a come from behind, can come back, can keep a lead. Name a different team that can do it better right now and you can't. So teh Packers are undefeated so far, and I can expect them to keep that status since they can play.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't mean it that way... but the regular season is the regular season dude. Your a idiot. I'd rather have go 10-6 and go the fricking Super Bowl than go 16-0 and lose in the Divisional round of the playoffs. HOW MUCH FOOTBALL HAVE YOU WATCHED IN YOUR LIFE???? Jeez people.

So, in your world, going 16-0 means you automatically lose in the playoffs while 10-6 means you win the Super Bowl? And you call me an idiot? Tell me, noob, is there any reason to think a team that goes 10-6 will, you know, lose in the playoffs and a team that goes undefeated would, you know, win the Super Bowl?

As a fan, I want it all. And frankly, so should every other fan. I see no reason why they cannot do both.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I didn't mean it that way... but the regular season is the regular season dude. Your a idiot. I'd rather have go 10-6 and go the fricking Super Bowl than go 16-0 and lose in the Divisional round of the playoffs. HOW MUCH FOOTBALL HAVE YOU WATCHED IN YOUR LIFE???? Jeez people.
What kind of reaction did you expect to get from this thread? Oh yes you are right! we are the best team in football with the most complete offense and a D that shuts down opponents when it needs to but, you know your right. we are going to lose, because obviously the bears, or the vikes or the chargers or Lions, or buc's or Raiders or the Giants are defiantly a better team then we are and we are bound to have a bad game, it's ineveitalbe. we can't keep getting better as the season goes on. we are as good as we are going to be right now at 6-0 so enjoy it.

It's an Epiphany!!! You have shown me the light. Damn it. Ok, screw it. San Diego tail gate is off, I don't want to be there when we lose to the Chargers!

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@realcaliforniacheese Don't insult me. I have been a fan since 92 at 5 years old and missed one season in 2009 to a deployment to Afghanistan. I grew up in Wisconsin and have been a Packer backer my whole life. I didn't mean I wanted them to lose I said id rather have them lose a few games than go 16-0 and lose. There's only been two teams to finish undefeated regular season and only one to truly go undefeated. The chances are not good to be totally undefeated as history says.

A 16-0 season doesn't mean nothing if you down win it all the postseason is what matters to me. It's ridiculous people are drinking that Kool-Aid. It's hard to win in the NFL. Theres very capable teams that can beat us and don't ever insult my love for the Packers. 24 years old and missed one season to be in a **** hole country and it killed me to miss a season.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
@realcaliforniacheese Don't insult me. I have been a fan since 92 at 5 years old and missed one season in 2009 to a deployment to Afghanistan. I grew up in Wisconsin and have been a Packer backer my whole life. I didn't mean I wanted them to lose I said id rather have them lose a few games than go 16-0 and lose. There's only been two teams to finish undefeated regular season and only one to truly go undefeated. The chances are not good to be totally undefeated as history says.

A 16-0 season doesn't mean nothing if you down win it all the postseason is what matters to me. It's ridiculous people are drinking that Kool-Aid. It's hard to win in the NFL. Theres very capable teams that can beat us and don't ever insult my love for the Packers. 24 years old and missed one season to be in a **** hole country and it killed me to miss a season.
So why all the negative vibes, forget what probably or might happen and dream of what could happen, imagine this team going 16-0. Imagine the place in long history and tradition of the Packers this team would take. And you would be able to tell your great grand kids you saw it. So until and if they are beaten why assume they will be.

This is a special team that is on the rise, they are 6-0 and have not even come close to thier full potential yet. Don't you have faith in the talent on this team? Don't you believe Arron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL today, We have the Best receiving corp in the NFL today, We have a two headed running attack with an ace in the hole.We have a match up nightmare tight end. We have a D that stuffs the run and forces teams to go pass. We stop them in the Red Zone. We have yet to enter the fourth quarter trailing. Wait till the weather turns bad and theses teams that can't run on us aren't going to be able to throw either, then watch Don unleash the Dogs.

Don't you have faith that McCarthy and Carpers are two of the best coaches in the league not to mention two of the greatest offensive and defensive minds in the game today. And yet with all of this going for us you still can't find it in your heart as a die hard fanatic packer fan to believe, that 16-0 is not such a fantasy.

TheDreamDoctor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This just didn't need to be said... What kind of fan doesn't think of their team going 16-0! If the time comes when we are defeated so be it but until then undefeated is ringing in my ears!

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can bet your *** our team shut it down after the half. Mike McCarthy didn't like it, but you can't help individual players not taking a team seriously. We're not fighting for BCS rankings here...

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 16-0 season does not matter to me. Do I hate when they lose you bet I do but 16-0 this early in the season? Not only that it could either way you could be 16-0 and win the SB or lose it, or you can go 13-3 and win or lose the SB... Yeah 16-0 would be great but what matters to me is a SB. That's all adding more trophys. I could careless all that matters is a SB. The regular season does matter you need to have a good record to make it, but the post season is all that matters.

Winning the NFC north is what the first goal needs to be. I understand you guys want to be 16-0 hell Id love it too and you made some great points or course I trust them all. But we're not immune to losing a few games. There's some considerable threats on the schedule. If we're 14-0 than yes let's talk about being 16-0. But to say I am not a Packer fan or take the fanatic out are you serious? C'mon man I love the Packers and of course I don't want them to lose but it's part of the game. I'm irate everytime we lose but c'mon man yes 16-0 is nice but it's only Week 6.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's nice to just be talking about 16-0 honestly. This team is that good.

For real! How sweet it is to be sitting here arguing over the team going 16-0!!!

But I still think some of you are misreading what the original poster is saying. I may be the only one, but I read it as a don't get your hopes up kind of thing. I didn't think he was saying we had no chance... just kind of a reality check. Going 16-0 is wicked hard, the Pack is on pace to do it, but what he is saying has a point too. For my part, I think the Packers have an excellent chance of going 16-0, hell 19-0 once we get that far, but I also remain grounded and focused. There is nothing wrong with being a bit humble and looking at something a little differently. It doesn't make him any less of a fan than someone saying we are going to go undefeated. It's just awesome we get to debate over it to begin with!

Lets make a little agreement here! It doesn't matter if we go 16-0 as long as we win the SB! Undefeated would be awesome but keep your eye on the true goal!!!

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team has holes and can be beat. The defense gives up way too much yardage, which one of these days could come bite them in the *** against a team that is very good offensively. Not only that but the offense tends to make a habit of.....getting out of sink at the worse times and part of that is on the defense for being on the field so long.

I would love for this team to gain perfection, I think they COULD do it...I just don't know if they WILL.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It could happen. I have this funny feeling it's going to be 15-1 though. Not sure......

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a patriots fan who got to witness the 2007 pats undefeated schedule, i will give you my input.

1) the patriots NEVER let-down on offense. Today when the packers were up 24-0 i think, the packers just stopped playing as well on offense (although credit should be given to the rams as well). The patriots of 2007 ALWAYS wanted to score no matter what.

2) The 2007 pats IMO seemed more undefeated/intimidating than todays packers. Sure the patriots did not win the SB (nothing else matters, right?), but i had a feeling the pats would go undefeated after there first few games. With the packers i do not get that feeling for some reason. I have a feeling the packs will go either 14-2 or 13-3. Either way, if you guys win the superbowl, who gives a **** about undefeated season right?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They seem to have a habit of playing down to their opponent.

We have a cupcake schedule, and I think a decent shot at least tying the team record for wins in a season.
Cue the Homer Simpson voice:
Mmmmmm! Cupcakes!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I have heard it thrown around, and some people on the message board but I think it's safe to say as good as the Packers are there not going to go 16-0. Today I thought proved my point... look at the Rams defense, they slowed Rodgers and Co. down, and if you think there going to go 16-0 your crazy as far as I am concerned.

Yes I hate losing, but the bottom line is it's hard to win the NFL. Don't get your hopes up people, but be happy we are 6-0!
I couldn't choose but both of these vids express my sentiments perfectly about this post.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=IJ_R-G_i4Xk

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It is possible. Looking at the schedule it is possible. At San Diego, Detroit and Giants will be the biggest obstacles. And even those are big ifs to me.

If you are in position to do it then you have to go for it and I have no doubts your team would. I think when my Colts tanked it, it was a huge mistake. The look on the players faces said it all.

Tough though, ending with two division rivals even at home could be an obstacle. Both will do everything in their powers to likely prevent you from 16-0 if in that position.

When the Pats kept winning I was never convinced they go 19-0. And when they got the Giants in the SB that seemed like a horrible match up considering they just played in week 17 and the Giants caught lightening in a bottle.

The strangest thing to me would be if the Packers went 19-0 in Indy, in a stadium where the Colts gave up on perfection.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I think I come down on both sides of this argument. I would much rather lose a few regular season games and win the Super Bowl -- but, why not dream, hope, and expect to go undefeated AND win the Super Bowl. Unless and until we lose and that dream is really gone, I want to keep living the dream. I don't want to have to choose.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
16-0 does not bother me terribly, I wasnt thinking about it coming into the season and Im not thinking about it now.

All I want is to get into the post season and have homefield advantage.
Just think of how Rodgers has performed in his 5 playoffs games.
THEY WERE ALL ON THE ROAD!

Think about what this guy could do in the playoffs with homefield advantage!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Ok wait a minute, we need to look at some logic here. How hard is it to repeat. Very, Very hard right? especially in the era of salary cap. But I don't see anybody on this board saying don't get your hopes up, we probably won't win the Superbowl this year. That's because you believe in this team and you believe they are the best in the NFL and they can repeat. If you did not believe they were the best team in the NFL you would not think that we would be able to repeat.

So we sit at 6-0, we are a third of the way thru the season, why if you think this is the best team in the NFL would you think we do not have a legitimate shot at the perfect season. You can come up with many reasons why we won't repeat but you don't. Because that is the ultimate goal and if you threw in the towel on that what would be the point.

So why do you as a true blue fan, not dream and aspire to that perfect season. That shot at glory and that place in history. This has nothing to do with, " I would rather lose a couple and win the Super Bowl", this is about this team carving out its place forever in Packer lore. Sure there is a long road to go, sure it won't be easy, but we are 6-0 so until and if somebody beats us this is an attainable dream.

Why not just add another dimension to this already remarkable year? Why not enjoy this ride to it's fullest while it lasts? I know I am. One more game and we are going to party in San Diego the Undefeated, Defending Champions. How much better does it get than that?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Some fans want to be realistic and be prepared for a loss...I for one would love an undefeated season including a SB win..But face it, odds are it will not happen..

A while back on OBF I was trying to explain how the Giants very well could beat the Packers in that NFC game..Do you know how much crap I got for not believing in the team? I felt bad that I thought the Packers could lose, but it was MY opinion and no one had the right to tell me to leave that board or tell me I wasn't fan...

Let's do the same curiosity here and not have any name calling, or tell people to get off the board..

I hope this is the last time I or any other mod has to step in and tell people to stop the fighting

Members online

Latest posts