16-0?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
As a Fan I dream of the possible while acknowledging the reality. Until they are beaten this team can go undefeated. It won't be easy and it shouldn't be. If they do it, This team will forever have its place in Packer Lore and NFL history. And you will always be able to say to your grand children and great grand children I was there to see it. Isn't that worth the dream?

But you saw what the Giants did to the Patriots, you can be gawdawful good but if the other team pulls a fluky set of miracles out of their a**es it can all go down the drain.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's what I don't get where stats are concerned.
The Pack is second to last with Pass D. Right?
But every game they have played, they have won.
Because of the O and the D must be doing some things right. (Stopping the run, getting an INT when it matters etc etc.)
Since we have one of the worst pass Ds then that means that all other teams Pack played has a better pass D and should have stopped Rodgers. They should have made first down catches put up more points with TD throws than the Pack and won.
Like I say, I don't get it....

I think we won some of those games not so much because of our D was that good, but because our offense is playing lights out and nobody else's D seems to be able to figure out how to stop them. Last year, in many of those games late in the season, the D carried the offense. Now it's the other way around. One of the things I love most about this team is they play like a team. When one side struggles, the other has its back. That's why we are winning games, imo. My intention here is not to discredit our D in any way, they are playing good enough make a difference, but guys, come on, with the way Aaron and our offense has been playing, they could be last in the league and we could still be winning games.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just telling my daughter I felt the pack goes all the way this year including s.b win this year,I know the d-line has problems with the passing game,and I'm not saying they will win by large margins some will be close,but a-rod and o-line to much talent d-line will get better,just a feeling no not gas,just feel the pack can do it.They may give up yards but they don't give up a lot of t.ds

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with the D (pass rush) is fixable. Once it does, this entire team is going to go off the charts. If we can hold on until then, there is no reason not to think this team can go undefeated, but as was stressed before, I'd focus more on the SB than having an undefeated season.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I have heard it thrown around, and some people on the message board but I think it's safe to say as good as the Packers are there not going to go 16-0. Today I thought proved my point... look at the Rams defense, they slowed Rodgers and Co. down, and if you think there going to go 16-0 your crazy as far as I am concerned.

Yes I hate losing, but the bottom line is it's hard to win the NFL. Don't get your hopes up people, but be happy we are 6-0!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can hope for it! It's very possible we can go 16-0. Look at the remainder of our schedule? Do you see one team on there that you are certain can beat us? Of course, nothing is certain. But it is not insane to start thinking of the idea of going 19-0, if you factor in the playoffs and the SB. It's never a good idea to get our hopes up too high, only to be let down, but even if this team loses some games, I think they will still win the SB so they can't let us down all that much!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Don't forget, Rodgers and company wasn't really taking that game seriously after going up 24 to 0.

It was no need to keep playing as if it were tied.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Shut this attitude up. We are number 1 in the league, NUMBERO UNO. We have a horrible tendency of playing down opponents. Our D only allowed 3, that is a field goal, a friggin field goal. Our offense was bad, they know it, but until they lose, I don't see why we can't go undefeated. We won by 21 points, what other team has done that this weekend? Even if the Rams are the worse team, every team that versus's us, its their chance to bring hte first defeat to the UNDEFEATED SUPER BOWL 45 CHAMPIONS. Thats a big deal, it would boost the ego of any team.

And it hasn't happened yet.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't give me that noise about us not having a great team because we had a bad second half against a bad team. That's ridiculous. That's like saying that because we played amazing against the Falcons (a GREAT team) last year in the playoffs, that we will always play like that. And because the Vikings play great in the first half of every game, they're a sure shot to win the Super Bowl? Pfffff.

The peaks and the valleys show what a team is capable of, whether it be positive or negative. It doesn't provide any insight as to what WILL happen.

Now, what we do know is that we have a team that, when required, can make incredible in-game adjustments, not to mention that they have unbelievable talent to start out with. Can we go 16-0? Yes. Will we? Maybe not, but it won't be because of how we played in the 2nd half today.

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
Yeah really bad attitude here. Sure we had a bad game. The score was 24-3. We have rebounded before and there is no reason to think that it won't happen again. Look for a strong showing next week from Aaron Rodgers. Crazy to think we have a chance at 16-0? I think not. Not with "Rodgers and Co".

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For starters, all this undefeated talk should be put to bed until we're 10-0 or 11-0.

Next, I am sick to death of hearing people say "This team can't go undefeated," or "I hope we lose a game or two this season, I don't want to go undefeated."

Sorry, but WTF? Why don't you, as a fan, believe this team can go undefeated? I too was disappointed by the **** poor showing by this team in the second half. To not score any points whatsoever against a team as bad as the Rams is just unacceptable. That said, one half does not a season make, and this team has shown it can compete with the absolute best of them.

And rooting for the team to lose because you don't have the stones to reach for greatness is pathetic. As a fan, I would love for the Packers to do something only one team ever, in the history of the NFL, has done. I would love for them to have the perfect season and go 19-0. And I don't understand how any fan could want it any other way.

Seriously, folks, lets stop talking about it and take the season one game at a time. And lets stop rooting for the team to lose. We could be witnessing history here. Wouldn't you, as a fan, like to be a part of it?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They seem to have a habit of playing down to their opponent.

We have a cupcake schedule, and I think a decent shot at least tying the team record for wins in a season.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
They seem to have a habit of playing down to their opponent.

We have a cupcake schedule, and I think a decent shot at least tying the team record for wins in a season.

I noticed that. It's nearly cost us a game or two (Panthers). We are capable of blowing most of the teams in our schedule off the planet. Why don't we? I would like to think of this offensive line as beyond approach, but that is one thing I would ask of them. Go for the jugular and bleed them dry. Don't leave anyone hanging around to make a comeback. I think today's game was a mild version of a blowout, it was pretty convincing, there is no reason I could see why that score couldn't be in the upper 40's, maybe 50's. Don't view this as a criticism on the team, just an area I would like to see them improve on.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm nitpicking them but it's extremely dumb to think we're gonna go 16-0. Any team can beat you on any given Sunday. 6-0 is great but there are teams capable of beating us on our schedule. People go to far with this crap like yeah it's great winning but it's also foolish to think we're not gonna lose a few games this year.

16-0 is nice but you set up yourself for disappointment. One game at a time. I ain't nitpicking at all I am happy as hell being 6-0 were lucky but were not going to be 16-0 at the end of the season. All you have to do is play good for 3 hours don't matter what your record is.

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
I'm nitpicking them but it's extremely dumb to think we're gonna go 16-0. Any team can beat you on any given Sunday. 6-0 is great but there are teams capable of beating us on our schedule. People go to far with this crap like yeah it's great winning but it's also foolish to think we're not gonna lose a few games this year.

16-0 is nice but you set up yourself for disappointment. One game at a time. I ain't nitpicking at all I am happy as hell being 6-0 were lucky but were not going to be 16-0 at the end of the season. All you have to do is play good for 3 hours don't matter what your record is.
Then why would you make a thread about it? Don't say we aren't going to go 16-0. Take it one game at a time, just like you said. There is no reason to say we aren't going to go 16-0, and if you don't want people to say we are going to, you shouldn't have made this thread in the first place.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's like I am not trying to say I am disappointed with the Packers play 6-0 speaks a lot for itself but seriously people you guys are just getting on "Oh well stop with the negative attitude we're 6-0 and we got Aaron Rodgers and Co", yeah no doubt the Packers played a solid game a great game today, but it also goes to show you anybody can stop you on any given Sunday. And the Rams did that in the second half.

I've been watching football since 1992 and born and bred a Packer fan... but seriously you guys have this high expectations and I have them to but it's so foolish to think we can go 16-0. Do you know how hard it is to win football games in the NFL? Professional vs Professional. It's not easy. I'd rather have the Packers lose a few games instead of being 16-0 in the playoffs and having a meltdown. McCarthy doesn't have his team believe there going to be 16-0... because he knows better, and thats why he's a great coach. Don't fall into the hype.

Any team is vulnerable to have a bad game EVEN the mighty best team in the NFL Packers! But seriously people don't expect Rodgers to be throwing 2-3 TDs a game and having a passer rating over 100+ each and every week. I can already see people buying into the hype when it's ONLY Week 6.

WAKE UP! Your telling me the Chargers, Buccaneers, Lions, Giants, Bears, or the Raiders couldn't beat us? C'mon people. ONE GAME AT A TIME.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why would you make a thread about it? Don't say we aren't going to go 16-0. Take it one game at a time, just like you said. There is no reason to say we aren't going to go 16-0, and if you don't want people to say we are going to, you shouldn't have made this thread in the first place.

It's not that but everybody even on ESPN Packers 16-0!!!! If you don't think we're going to lose a few games you obviously are buying into the hype. It's WEEK 6 for petes sake.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you guys also fail to remember we lost to a winless Buccaneers team a few years ago... granted this is a different team, anything can happen on Sunday. And just because their the Packers they aren't vulnerable to having a bad game.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but HOPING FOR THE PACKERS TO LOSE? Seriously, what the hell kind of fan are you? Get off the board with that crap.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but HOPING FOR THE PACKERS TO LOSE? Seriously, what the hell kind of fan are you? Get off the board with that crap.

I didn't mean it that way... but the regular season is the regular season dude. Your a idiot. I'd rather have go 10-6 and go the fricking Super Bowl than go 16-0 and lose in the Divisional round of the playoffs. HOW MUCH FOOTBALL HAVE YOU WATCHED IN YOUR LIFE???? Jeez people.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I know I have heard it thrown around, and some people on the message board but I think it's safe to say as good as the Packers are there not going to go 16-0. Today I thought proved my point... look at the Rams defense, they slowed Rodgers and Co. down, and if you think there going to go 16-0 your crazy as far as I am concerned.

Yes I hate losing, but the bottom line is it's hard to win the NFL. Don't get your hopes up people, but be happy we are 6-0!
You know the odds are in your favor but until we are defeated an undefeated season is still on the table. I will continue to believe in the possibility of an undefeated season until another team, not you says otherwise. You should change your username and take fanatic out of it.

Members online

Latest posts