15 Straight wins, favorite part?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rodgers winning SB MVP and being on pace to shatter all of Favre's single season team records.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favorite part? What hasn't been a favorite part for me?

The 45-17 crushing of the Giants. It was a statement win that set this whole thing off.
Packers handing #1-seeded Atlanta their worst loss since the Civil War.
Beating the Bears. Twice. Especially since in both times, they had a chance to knock us out of the playoffs.
Defeating the Eagles in the NFC wild card to prove to the doubters that Rodgers can win in the postseason.
The Packers-Saints thriller that opened the 2011 season on Thursday night.

And, of course, obliterating the Vikings on Monday Night Football, 45-7. There's something about that game that makes me all warm inside. I'm preserving that game forever.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Hard to put a finger on just one moment.

Blowing out Atlanata was cool
Rodgers and Co. Exploding for 42 points opening night with no offseason workouts (Come at us, Skip)
Holding Matt Forte to 8 inches/carry in week 3
Rodgers destroying Denver with his arm and his legs
Woodson getting his 50th Interception
Validating our win against Atlanta in week 5 with a great comeback performance

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Thank you, Bogie. Taking down the Bears in the NFC Championship game and getting the Halas in the bowels of Soldier Field almost made the Super Bowl an after-thought for me. As stupid as that sounds, it's true. I sat there watching the Super Bowl and for some odd reason, didn't get all THAT excited because in my world, that game felt almost anti-climatic. The drama of the NFC Championship game just kind of took over on me.

I hate to keep sounding like an old-timer but it's hard for a younger generation of fans who view the Vikings as the Pack's main rival to understand fully, the impact that game had on us geezers.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Thank you, Bogie. Taking down the Bears in the NFC Championship game and getting the Halas in the bowels of Soldier Field almost made the Super Bowl an after-thought for me. As stupid as that sounds, it's true. I sat there watching the Super Bowl and for some odd reason, didn't get all THAT excited because in my world, that game felt almost anti-climatic. The drama of the NFC Championship game just kind of took over on me.

I hate to keep sounding like an old-timer but it's hard for a younger generation of fans who view the Vikings as the Pack's main rival to understand fully, the impact that game had on us geezers.

That's probably because in the 90's the Vikings were the biggest competition to us, with the 2nd being the rare, and lucky Lions riding on Barry Sanders.

I probably would feel different if the Vikings were still our biggest challenge divisional, since I grew up in the 90's, but lately it has been Chicago, so beating them always feels better than blowing out the Lions, but blowing out the Vikings also is quite a laugh. I waited a long time to see us dominate them like this.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Favorite part has to be last year week 9 Sunday night football we beat the Cowboys 45-7 which was the game where our D started playing and we went on to win the SB now this year week 9 Monday night we beat the Vikings 45-7 and was the best D game of the season and I hope it leads us all the way to the SB again.

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not exactly about how we played, but the fan reaction and camaraderie to me.

The NFC Championship game. I lived in Chicago at the time, so my friends and I hopped the border to watch the game at a Wisconsin sports bar. It was still about 50/50 Packers-Bears fans, so it was rowdy and lots of smack talk. I remember jumping to my feet at every score and high five-ing every Packers fan in the place. The pick-6 sent us over the edge, and most of the Bears fans filed out at that point. As the final INT came, I cried. We rushed out to ****'s Sporting Goods, along with every other Packers fan in the city it seemed, and wiped them out of NFC champ gear. I bought my first cheese head that night. About 50 of us, complete strangers, stood in ****'s parking lot chanting "SUPERBOWL, SUPERBOWL!" It was literally one of the best moments of my life. On the way home, we kept passing other Packer fans on the road and we'd roll down the windows and scream. IT WAS AWESOME :D Oh yeah, and wearing Pack gear for the next 2 weeks straight! They looooved us in Chicago :p

Members online

Latest posts