15-1 Vs 15-1

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
14-2 is too high for the Lions. They are gonna slip up.

I will say 12-4 or 11-5 is my realistic bet.

Think about it. There's gonna be teams ready for them eventually. Someone always tries to knock the #1 down you know?

The Saints could have easily been 11-5 or 10-6 in 2009. Many teams had them beat half way through a game, and the 4th quarter would be them coming back and finishing it.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions will not reach 14-2 I feel confident in saying that.

Look at their schedule:

Next week they have the 4-1 49ers (Tough game though I think the Lions will pull a win out)

Atlanta (Assuming this team can play 4 quarters of football) Theres a slight chance of an upset victory

Denver - tick that off as a win for Detroit

Chicago - Difference this time is that it is in Soldier field, something tells me Chicago will not let this one slide easily, and will not let the recent 0-16 team beat them at home and sweep them.

Green bay - the only thing they have got going for them in this game is that its in Detroit, this will really test both teams.

New Orleans - Thats going to be a very tough game for Detroit. Simple.

Minnesota - Not much hope for the queens unless AP brings his A game and keeps Stafford and Megatron off the field.

Oakland - Again, as of now Lions would be favoured, however this is a home game and who knows how that division will be at that point in time and if not they will be making a playoff run.

San Diego - Again same as above however I think SD are a slightly better team (not great) than Oakland.

Green Bay - Theres no way we are going to let them come into our hoem on the last game of the season and win. Not happening.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see it getting that far. At some point, the Lions are going to lose a game and I think that will start them on a downward spiral, especially if the loss is to the Packers. I think the Lions are a good team and I think they will make the playoffs, but I don't think their record will cause the Packers any trouble.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Thanksgiving game is always a tough one for us because we don't take it seriously enough. They have been historically crappy so we overlook them, and they look at it as their perennial Super Bowl. This year will be different. The entire fan base, and you can bet the team as well, has full focus on the Lions right now. The Packers will not take this game lightly like they have in years passed. I think it is going to be an AWESOME game and that we will win, which is more than I can say for past Thanksgiving Day games in Detroit.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
No way in *** the Lions finish 15-1.

That would be insane beyond belief.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Atlanta - Easy I think. The Falcons are an overrated team. Maybe Roddy White will talk some trash like he's the greatest thing ever and get Detroit fired up enough to beat the living hell out of them. That seemed to work for them against us.

Denver - No problem what so ever.

Chicago - I do have to agree, I think Chicago will turn this game upside down on them.

Green bay - The big show down. We can beat them

New Orleans - This game's on the road for them, and the superdome is one very hard place to play in against a powerful team. Saints have some problems here and there, but who's dome is what matters. Saints got this one I think, they'll have the momentum on their side even if they fall behind, the crowd puts them back in it (like the Texans game). They don't like to disappoint their fans at home.

Minnesota - Something tells me the Vikings will get something together, that's ONLY IF they can start playing 4 quarters.

Oakland - Tough game, the Raiders are better than they are getting credit for.

San Diego - Should be tough, but I think the Lions have them.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
How did you come up with that, if none of the teams they've beaten has a winning record?
Strength of victory is based on points scored and points given up. The Packers have won their games by and average of 11.5 points. The Lions have won their games by an average of 14 points. Strength of schedule comes after strength of victory in that tiebreaker.

Also, if you go to NFL.com and look at the standings, for team that are tied, those that are currently winning the tiebreaker are in the first positions.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don't think either the Packer or the Lions are going to go 15-1. I also think one of these two teams is going to finish a game behind the other.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I do cringe though at 16-0 talk at times. With the Colts choosing to go against it (a decision I did not like) and the Pats failing at 19-0.....it just seems to give me bad vibes.

For the record I think 15-1 would be a good record for the Packers. ;) You can get that one loss out of the way and start a new winning streak over. The law of averages would like it. Where that loss comes from nobody knows. Just pick a game you don't need to win later on. Not this weekend of course but sometime. Of course not to the Lions. ;)

Sometimes I like the idea of getting a loss out of the way, in 2006 we started 9-0 and the Cowboys beat us in Dallas. In 2005 we started 13-0.

Not sure where this Packers loss is but it may be there sometime. I do have a hunch it might be one of these 2 games:
1) At NY Giants following the Detroit game (let down game against a potentially desperate Giants team)
2) At home vs. Oakland (Kinda am a believer in the Raiders)

Now before you point and laugh at my trap games for the Packers, it's about picking a game to lose nobody sees coming.

But, if you can get 16-0 you go for it. If a team can do it it's your team. And if a team can go 19-0 it's your team. Just it's tough. Very very very tough.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Strength of victory is based on points scored and points given up. The Packers have won their games by and average of 11.5 points. The Lions have won their games by an average of 14 points. Strength of schedule comes after strength of victory in that tiebreaker.

Also, if you go to NFL.com and look at the standings, for team that are tied, those that are currently winning the tiebreaker are in the first positions.
Fair enough, and you did say it was at the moment.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Fair enough, and you did say it was at the moment.
Right, that's as of the last game. It can/will change as the season goes on. You don't want to end up with that as the tiebreaker. Just think about that the next time your team goes for a FG instead of the TD late in the game up by 20 points. It could mean the difference between being a wild card team or having home field advantage. I think that is one of the reasons Bellicheat never takes his foot off the gas.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did you come up with that, if none of the teams they've beaten has a winning record?

I agree. Like last year when the Chiefs were "so great", but once they got to the playoffs they were destroyed. Why is that? Because the Chargers were the only decent team they beat in the regular season, where all the rest were complete meatball teams. Once they got to the playoffs, it was over before it began.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, that's as of the last game. It can/will change as the season goes on. You don't want to end up with that as the tiebreaker. Just think about that the next time your team goes for a FG instead of the TD late in the game up by 20 points. It could mean the difference between being a wild card team or having home field advantage. I think that is one of the reasons Bellicheat never takes his foot off the gas.
Ok, but when was the last time strenght of victory decided a tiebreaker?

IIRC we entered the playoffs last year by conference standings...

Members online

Latest posts