15-1 is good. Right?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the best and most awesome reg. season ever in the long history of the Green Bay Packers.
Then why aren't there more threads celebrating this fact?
C'mon you guys!
So what if it wasn't 16-0!?
This is a great thing. Enjoy it and dig it!
Whoooo-Hoooooooooooooo!!!!
(See below? Even Tom Brady is excited for the 2011 Packers!)

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's the playoff thing. Regular season is over, now it's the new season called the playoffs. Being 15-1 is awesome, but if you are one-and-done in the playoffs . . . Ask Patriot fans about that and they'll tell you that going 16-0 and then losing the SB to the Giants hurt like hell.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last two teams to go 15-1 didn't even make the Super bowl. If the Packers win the Super bowl, 15-1 will be extremely special, but if they lose, it won't much matter that they went 15-1 instead of 14-2 or 13-3.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
This is the best and most awesome reg. season ever in the long history of the Green Bay Packers.
Then why aren't there more threads celebrating this fact?
C'mon you guys!
So what if it wasn't 16-0!?

This is a great thing. Enjoy it and dig it!
Whoooo-Hoooooooooooooo!!!!
(See below? Even Tom Brady is excited for the 2011 Packers!)

We need to start the Packers homers for the playoffs club. And if you are not a Packer homer for this postseason then STAY OUT of our exclusive and happy club.

Packers will repeat. Believe it. All the other teams can go down the water slide with Brady.

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take 10-6 with a sb trophy than 16-0 and no trophy. I am happy about the regular season, and it was great watching them role over teams week after week. That being said, it will make it all the harder if they lose in the playoffs.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
15-1 is tough to do guys. Packers even won a game with key starters out to close the year vs. a playoff team. This team seems to overcome so many injuries and so much all the time.

Of course it makes a loss in the playoffs that much tougher if it happens but lets try to think positive. REPEAT.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packers fans know that the work isn't done yet. I am having a great time with the season but I will celebrate after Indianapolis

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my opinion, and my opinion ONLY (so please do not take it in an offensive manner), but i feel as if the packers will beat ANY team they face minus the giants. I just have this weird feeling that the giants will come in lambeau and upset the packers. Yes the packers beat them in the regular season, but it was a very close affair (lets not forget that missed TD either). Once again, please do not call me a hater and take this the wrong... i just see the giants defeating the packers. Lets hope the falcons can get it done IMO (or the packers face the lions)

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my opinion, and my opinion ONLY (so please do not take it in an offensive manner), but i feel as if the packers will beat ANY team they face minus the giants. I just have this weird feeling that the giants will come in lambeau and upset the packers. Yes the packers beat them in the regular season, but it was a very close affair (lets not forget that missed TD either). Once again, please do not call me a hater and take this the wrong... i just see the giants defeating the packers. Lets hope the falcons can get it done IMO (or the packers face the lions)

Thing is I dont see us not making the championship game.
We ain't lost in lambeau since October last year.
This is the first playoff game in Lambeau since 07.
Do you really see the Giants beating us?
So what if they gave us a close game towards the end of the season there.
Remember last year we played the Falcons, they gave us a tough game and they won.
And in the playoffs we destroyed them.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score

Why this fear of the Giants over the Saints or SF? The Giants barely even won their division. They are totally capable of having horrible games. Philly scared me more than the Giants just in terms of raw ability.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is an epic Packers season.
So why all the Debbie/David Downer attitudes?
Ya gotta enjoy what you can when you can.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm enjoying the season. It's been an amazing, thrilling season so far. The playoffs will still be tense. That's the way it should be.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I've enjoyed the season so far....in hindsight even that debacle in KC as it seems to have lit a new fire under the guys!!!

I'm grateful for the home field advantage,..and the bye week...oh and the #1 seed!!! wooot wooot!!

:barefoot:

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Glad I get to say I was alive during the Packers 15-1 season! This season has been great... We just need to keep this train rolling through the playoffs to a SuperBowl win! Dont be afraid of the Giants... they are trash... there will not be a repeat of the 2007 season because ARod isnt going to throw season ending picks like Brett... Bring on the Niners or the Saints... who cares! The Pack is gonna roll! Boom!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Forget Favre, you're thinking is horrible 15 - 1 is a terrible record, we lost one game. That one game was the first loss we've witnessed in a whole year. And if we win it all the way this year and go 18 - 1 we'd be no better than those loser Patriots. Its not like adding a fifth lombardi trophy is going to do us any good, our hall of fame is going to have to get re-renovated, plus all of us fans who bought all those 13 time champions stuff will have to buy new more relevant stuff. Why are you trying to curse the Packers by wanting them to succeed?

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget Favre, you're thinking is horrible 15 - 1 is a terrible record, we lost one game. That one game was the first loss we've witnessed in a whole year. And if we win it all the way this year and go 18 - 1 we'd be no better than those loser Patriots. Its not like adding a fifth lombardi trophy is going to do us any good, our hall of fame is going to have to get re-renovated, plus all of us fans who bought all those 13 time champions stuff will have to buy new more relevant stuff. Why are you trying to curse the Packers by wanting them to succeed?
:roflmao:

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FF- You are never going to stop complaining about those of us that complain, are you?
Just doing what I can to try and uplift some spirits around here.
Thought I could fill in what is missing and that is how great it is to be 15-1.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Yeah we could of had a 13 - 3 record or something like that if only we had those offseason work outs, we may of NOT gotten the number 1 seed in the NFC.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

It's a sad reality but I also have that doubt in my mind if the Packers play the Giants.

Forget Favre's pick in 2007, NO ONE ON EARTH mentions how the Giants basically out played us that entire game.

Sure Favre does deserve part of the blame, but I went back down memory lane last night and thought about that game. Do you remember us having a strong running game? I don't...I checked stats and the Pack only had 28 rushing yards total compared to the Giants whooping 138.

That's the biggest thing that worries me playing the Giants. We went into the NFC Championship thinking it would be a cake walk with a one dimensional air attack, and they proved us wrong. I don't care if it's Rodgers or Favre, all quarterbacks throw interceptions. Looking back at the stats and seeing 28 total rushing yards, no wonder we lost that game compared to the stat board, you'd think we got blown out by them.

Right now I feel this team is really similar to the 2007 one. The defense gets walked all over, just worse than they did before, and when they can't run the ball, Rodgers has to put up 40-50 times a game. That's something you don't do in the playoffs. Even when we played the Giants this year, the running game wasn't there, and Rodgers had all the pressure on his shoulders to single handedly win that game.

If we can't run the ball against them, it may be ugly.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers can put up 40-50 points in the playoffs, he done it against the Cards and against the Falcons last year.

31 points against the steelers.

40+ points against the Giants aswell before last years playoffs, which was essentially a playoff game.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
15-1 is an astounding achievement. A record that I never imagined would or could happen as I sat in Lambeau game after game in the 70's and 80's and it IS a nice thing. I'm kind of hardwired differently though and I apologize if it comes off as negativity, that's not the case at all.

Fact is that 12-4, 13-3 or 15-1 ... the job isn't done yet. How many here have gone through 3/4 of a business year putting up superior numbers and feeling pretty good about yourself and your staff and the achievements accomplished only to have ONE LOUSY FLIPPIN' deal go t*ts-up in December making a super year look pedestrian?? I have and it tends to make one a little more cautious in their exuberance... as I say, I'm hardwired a little differently.

As the Pack enters THE SECOND SEASON, 15-1 doesn't matter anymore. The first and the sixth seeds are the same in my book and frankly, looking back on the season or the games that the Pack played and won against certain teams has NO bearing on how any particular game's outcome will play out. So... in my slightly warped mind, saying the Packers should beat the Giants, the Falcons or the Saints is roughly the same as skating on last year's ice.

Should the Pack beat all of those teams again? Yes, because they go into every game thinking they should. Problem lays on the flip side of that coin ... the Giants, Falcons and Saints all feel as though THEY should have won but for some 'intangible' that precluded their winning. Self-inflicted or not...they feel they should have won...and frankly COULD have won. None of those Packer wins were what I'd call a statement of dominance.

As I said, 15-1 is astounding and I was happy for all of us for a few days after the Detroit win. I will turn handsprings and crap nickels (someone get the coin roller ready) at 18-1. In the mean time, I'm takin' 'em as they come. Just like last year when I was probably here posting that the Pack's defensive record last year had me nervous ... I really didn't see a Super Bowl winning defense last year...despite the ratings/rankings/stats/fantalk..... so...

You know by the last paragraph that my opinion isn't worth a bucket of warm spit. Go Pack...

Members online

Latest posts