$12,000,000 Backup

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted will welcome Brett Favre back as a 12 mill. dollar backup to Rodgers.....Wow, wtf is he thinking? Way to screw over the Packers Teddy...

OP
OP
Title Town USA

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally hope Favre accepts this BS offer just to **** off Ted and use up their money...It would create a huge media frenzy in Green Bay and lead to many unhappy and screaming fans. Hilarious. Come Back Favre!!! I can hear it now....

"WE WANT FAVRE, WE WANT FAVRE, WE WANT FAVRE".......

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have the 2nd most cap in the NFL so they could make it happen without breaking a sweat.

With that said the quote was meant to further imply that the Packers are moving on and not meant to be taken literally.

Packers will probably trade him just to avoid any problems in the locker room.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually.... that's the smartest thing to do for the Packers in this situation. You can either choose to get rid of Favre like he's asking for, deal him to another team and then give that team a chance to beat us with our own QB... OR you can keep him as an incredible backup, let the team move forward with Aaron Rodgers and make sure Brett retires in Green and Gold.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup! I think the packers will trade him, just to avoid all the controversy. If they trade him, at least they can keep him from going to the Vikings or the Bears. I don't care if he ends up on the Jets or some other benign team.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually.... that's the smartest thing to do for the Packers in this situation. You can either choose to get rid of Favre like he's asking for, deal him to another team and then give that team a chance to beat us with our own QB... OR you can keep him as an incredible backup, let the team move forward with Aaron Rodgers and make sure Brett retires in Green and Gold.

I don't think he will accept an offer as a backup. He's got way too much pride.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup! I think the packers will trade him, just to avoid all the controversy. If they trade him, at least they can keep him from going to the Vikings or the Bears. I don't care if he ends up on the Jets or some other benign team.

Exactly.

Except I think the Jets will do OK this season. With Brett they may make the playoffs. Dolphins or Falcons are my first 2 choices.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet his old uniform will still fit.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eap33 said:

I don't think he will accept an offer as a backup. He's got way too much pride.

That's the point. The Packers don't want him to play for another team. He still has, what, 3 years left on his contract? They're not obligated to trade him OR release him. They can let him stay on the team for the entirety of his contract... and I promise in 3 years, he's not gonna be interested in playing anymore.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how this "screws over the Packers". Before Favre announced his retirement, TT and MM asked Favre to come back. They told him they wanted him for another season, and said he was their man. Well, Favre retired, therefore they had to move on. So by that logic, Favre is the one who screwed up, not TT. Everything was set in place for Favre, he could have stayed and been our QB, but he decided he didn't want to play anymore, so the Packers have been preparing the team for Rodgers. Not much else they can do. It's the Green Bay Packers, not the Green Bay Favres. He's not the one who makes all the decisions.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted will welcome Brett Favre back as a 12 mill. dollar backup to Rodgers.....Wow, wtf is he thinking? Way to screw over the Packers Teddy...

Do you honestly think this is going to happen? Well, if you do, you won't be the first person on this forum to jump to conclusions about this whole thing.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how this "screws over the Packers". Before Favre announced his retirement, TT and MM asked Favre to come back. They told him they wanted him for another season, and said he was their man. Well, Favre retired, therefore they had to move on. So by that logic, Favre is the one who screwed up, not TT. Everything was set in place for Favre, he could have stayed and been our QB, but he decided he didn't want to play anymore, so the Packers have been preparing the team for Rodgers. Not much else they can do. It's the Green Bay Packers, not the Green Bay Favres. He's not the one who makes all the decisions.

It's not the Green Bay Thompson's either. Pretty easy to throw out stuff like that.

If you don't see how this screws the Packers, I'm not sure you understand the NFL.

You would have the BETTER QB as a Backup, Just to make your point or stroke your ego. How do you think the team would feel about that? Will they be replaced by a player less talented because Ted can't swallow his pride?

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet his old uniform will still fit.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

It might even be a little big on him. Favre seems to have slimmed down a bit over the years. Not that he was ever heavy. He just doesn't look as solid as he did back in the day.

He still looks good though! :lol:

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:

It's not the Green Bay Thompson's either. Pretty easy to throw out stuff like that.

If you don't see how this screws the Packers, I'm not sure you understand the NFL.

You would have the BETTER QB as a Backup, Just to make your point or stroke your ego. How do you think the team would feel about that? Will they be replaced by a player less talented because Ted can't swallow his pride?

TT is the GM, so he DOES make the decisions for the team. Thats his job. It's what he gets paid for. If you don't know what a GM does, I'm not sure you understand the NFL. Someone else posted something that said all the TT haters should start hating McCarthy too, because he wouldn't just sit back and want Rodgers as his QB if he didn't think he was ready for the job, and they were right.

If Favre isn't our starting QB, I don't want him at all. I never said I agreed that he should come back as a backup.

I think the team is handling it just fine. They've been preparing for Rodgers, so this doesn't change a thing for them. They'll all be behind Rodgers 100%, and they'll want to win with him just as badly as they wanted to win with Favre. It's the fans that can't deal with it. Some can, some can't.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
nathaniel said:

TT is the GM, so he DOES make the decisions for the team. Thats his job. It's what he gets paid for. If you don't know what a GM does, I'm not sure you understand the NFL. Someone else posted something that said all the TT haters should start hating McCarthy too, because he wouldn't just sit back and want Rodgers as his QB if he didn't think he was ready for the job, and they were right.

If Favre isn't our starting QB, I don't want him at all. I never said I agreed that he should come back as a backup.

I think the team is handling it just fine. They've been preparing for Rodgers, so this doesn't change a thing for them. They'll all be behind Rodgers 100%, and they'll want to win with him just as badly as they wanted to win with Favre. It's the fans that can't deal with it. Some can, some can't.

Correct TT does make decisions, which as a fan I'm allow to disagree with, That's why this forum, well not this one specifically because it's a little "different', but MOST forums are around for. You also kind of contradicted yourself by saying I should be mad at MM, when you just told me TT makes the Decisions. I have no doubt that if MM could call the shots BF would be the QB of this team.

I'm not sure everyone is sooooo behind A-Rod? Sounds like speculation. Actually from what I've heard from Al Harris, this may not be the case.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:
dd80forever said:
nathaniel said:

Correct TT does make decisions, which as a fan I'm allow to disagree with, That's why this forum, well not this one specifically because it's a little "different', but MOST forums are around for. You also kind of contradicted yourself by saying I should be mad at MM, when you just told me TT makes the Decisions. I have no doubt that if MM could call the shots BF would be the QB of this team.

I'm not sure everyone is sooooo behind A-Rod? Sounds like speculation. Actually from what I've heard from Al Harris, this may not be the case.

I guess I need to get you a dictionary so you can understand what the definition of a contradiction is.

MM wouldn't just sit there and let Favre go if he didn't think it was the right thing to do. MM has said Rodgers is his QB since the day Favre retired. Remember that? When Favre said he had nothing left to give to the Packers, so he retired. Oh, and then he decided to come back, and they said ok, and then he decided that he wanted to stay retired. Oh, and then he decided he wanted to come back.

I don't know when you talked to Harris last, but in every interview he has said Rodgers is his QB, and he's confident in him. If you think for some reason that players won't play as hard under Rodgers, then you really know nothing about football. If they felt that strongly, where are the players asking for trades cause they don't want to be there if Favre isn't? That's not going to happen. The Packers will be fine. Things like this weed out the fairweather fans anyway. Like I said in another thread, it's ok to be a Favre fan first, Packers fan second. Just don't blame the GM.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
nathaniel said:
dd80forever said:
nathaniel said:

I guess I need to get you a dictionary so you can understand what the definition of a contradiction is.

MM wouldn't just sit there and let Favre go if he didn't think it was the right thing to do. MM has said Rodgers is his QB since the day Favre retired. Remember that? When Favre said he had nothing left to give to the Packers, so he retired. Oh, and then he decided to come back, and they said ok, and then he decided that he wanted to stay retired. Oh, and then he decided he wanted to come back.

I don't know when you talked to Harris last, but in every interview he has said Rodgers is his QB, and he's confident in him. If you think for some reason that players won't play as hard under Rodgers, then you really know nothing about football. If they felt that strongly, where are the players asking for trades cause they don't want to be there if Favre isn't? That's not going to happen. The Packers will be fine. Things like this weed out the fairweather fans anyway. Like I said in another thread, it's ok to be a Favre fan first, Packers fan second. Just don't blame the GM.

Wow, cool. I always wondered what you thought of my fandom. Here I thought I was a Packers fan, come to find out I was wrong. God bless you for pointing out my confusion. You are the authority of all things regarding Fans.

Anyways, So you are now saying MM makes decisions? I'm so confused? Please help?

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is the GM, so he DOES make the decisions for the team. Thats his job. It's what he gets paid for. If you don't know what a GM does, I'm not sure you understand the NFL.

MM wouldn't just sit there and let Favre go if he didn't think it was the right thing to do.

My heads spinning now, who let him go? TT, MM, Lombardi, Regis, Superman?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ The Packers will be fine. Things like this weed out the fairweather fans anyway. Like I said in another thread, it's ok to be a Favre fan first, Packers fan second. Just don't blame the GM.

dont sweat it. The Cleansing is coming.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:
[ The Packers will be fine. Things like this weed out the fairweather fans anyway. Like I said in another thread, it's ok to be a Favre fan first, Packers fan second. Just don't blame the GM.

Cleansing = the 80's

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Packnic said:
nathaniel said:

Cleansing = the 80's

Is this guy STILL around???

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
Packnic said:
nathaniel said:

Cleansing = the 80's

Is this guy STILL around???

only until the trade or re-retirement.

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm confused. What is everyone saying?

You don't want him as a $12,000,000 back up but you think TT is making the right move. I don't get it. In this move, TT appears to be getting a $12,000,000 back up. Maybe I'm missing something.

I still think we should release or trade him ASAP. This is getting to be embarassing. All this "he said", "she said" is beyond the Packers. This is a class organization and always will be but I just want this to end and move on. If you don't want him, let someone else have him and move on. Enough of this spin zone stuff. It's basically like a political campaign. And it is not going to go well or end pretty, so why don't we just make it short and painless as possible.

This "we welcome Favre back" is annoying. It's a ploy to gain public support and thats it. They obviously know Favre is not going to want to be a backup, so why say stuff like that other than to try to say "we told him we wanted him back but he wanted ot leave anyway". And if they actually do want him back as a backup, thats even stupider. Why have that distraction, thats a terrible move, you've chosen Rodgers, so go with it. Enough already. You've proven your point, you don't want him anymore for a number of reasons. Time to move on and end this instead of dragging it out.