10 pre-Training Camp Stories

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
jsonline.com has a story titled, “10 Packers stories to watch before training camp opens” http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...raining-camp-opens-b99295536z1-264133171.html

Which of the 10 do you consider most important for the Packers’ success this season?

1. Peace of mind at backup quarterback
2. Tretter's job to lose at center
3. Lyerla's bid for a roster spot
4. Clinton-Dix's bid to start
5. The Peppers Effect
6. Replacing Finley
7. Rodgers' playing style
8. Lacy's encore
9. The middle of the defense
10. The hybrids

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jsonline.com has a story titled, “10 Packers stories to watch before training camp opens” http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...raining-camp-opens-b99295536z1-264133171.html

Which of the 10 do you consider most important for the Packers’ success this season?

1. Peace of mind at backup quarterback
2. Tretter's job to lose at center
3. Lyerla's bid for a roster spot
4. Clinton-Dix's bid to start
5. The Peppers Effect
6. Replacing Finley
7. Rodgers' playing style
8. Lacy's encore
9. The middle of the defense
10. The hybrids

Personally I am most interested in Clinton Dix's acclimation to the defense and how Peppers is exactly used in conjecture with Matthews. 1, 2, 6, 7, and 8 are not as intriguing to me. Tretter should start, the only worry I have is his blocking which should be adequate. Back up QB... I feel like I know what we have already and I dont expect a big jump. I think well have mediocre TEs this season. At best we get glimpses of something special from Rodgers but as a rookie I dont have very high expectations. Rodgers playing still, I mean the guy is going to be great like he is every season. Sometimes you forget how lucky we are to have several decades of great QB play. Lacy, I believe with RBs you know what they are their rookie year because its the easiest transition as far as positions go from college to pro. He will be a bruiser. I was excited to watch Franklins role increase and was hoping for him catching passes more but obviously that wont be happening.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The middle of the defense. hawk is a lock to start at one ilb spot barring any injuries but I don't want to see jones period.

D

Deleted member 6794

The middle of the defense. hawk is a lock to start at one ilb spot barring any injuries but I don't want to see jones period.

I agree with you there, but sadly Winston Moss expects Jones to be a three down player.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there were an impact, it would be either Peppers and Dix or both. Since they are new here and positions of need.

Reaction score
I would say Middle of the defense, and the Dix bid to start... It's obvious he will be the starter, but with him starting:
- We will have a solid FS right off the bat
- Burnett can go back to playing SS where he plays better
- This will then help with run/pass support having 2 solid safeties causing less passing yards over the top of corners and eliminating the big play
- and with the ILB position fixed during training camp, we would essentially have a top 10 defense for sure.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would say Middle of the defense, and the Dix bid to start... It's obvious he will be the starter, but with him starting:
- We will have a solid FS right off the bat
- Burnett can go back to playing SS where he plays better
- This will then help with run/pass support having 2 solid safeties causing less passing yards over the top of corners and eliminating the big play
- and with the ILB position fixed during training camp, we would essentially have a top 10 defense for sure.

I agree that Clinton-Dix will improve the safety position significantly and that will help the entire defense. I don´t know why you think the ILB position will be better off than last year as it seems the team plans on having both Hawk and Jones back as the starters.

OP
OP
TJV

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Since Rodgers is the most important player, his health is most important.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
1. DL play.
2. Center and how that translates to ability of McCarthy to call plays he wants
3. Level of improvement of second and some third year players.
4. Injuries. - when and at what positions.
5. Is Peppers still a major impact player in his roles that Capers puts him in.

Everything else will take care of itself if we don't have major failure in the previous five things.

Reaction score
I agree that Clinton-Dix will improve the safety position significantly and that will help the entire defense. I don´t know why you think the ILB position will be better off than last year as it seems the team plans on having both Hawk and Jones back as the starters.
When did I say that? haha I thought we were doing hypotheticals here

Members online

Latest posts