10-27-13 Viking game studs vs duds

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Well, we won and we did it again with a beat up squad.

Studs: Rodgers, looked poised and was very much on target
Nelson, he had glue on his gloves....
Boykin, continuing to look good from last game

O-line did a good job for Lacy and starks and Arod protection

Lacy, all those carries and he held up
Starks, limited role, but ran hard and helped the cause

Hyde; good game, flying around to the ball as usual and punt return
Jolly, damn near ripped AP's head off a couple time... (lol)
Neal, played well
Raji; made some decent stuffs as well
Overall 3rd and 4th down conversions for the offense was outstanding !!!!

DUDS: Special team, burned big time once, burned on a couple other decent returns, and franklin not having situational awareness, he looked like a moron.

Tramon williams, afraid to tackle AP once again, couldnt come up with that sure pick, and wiffed a couple other tackles. About to get burned deep and he trips patterson on purpose...C'mon man!!!

And a BOO, for giving up to many garbage time points..... should been 44 - 17

And a BOO for the stupid avoidable penalties....to many free yards given away.

Last edited:

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Daniels has got to be listed as a stud for yesterdays performance. He seems to be the only dlineman who brings a passrushing ability to the table.

OP
OP
Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Also: On a funny note * anyone else happen to notice when they did that little profile on LT Baktiahri (sp?) that he looked like a big ***** ugly fat chick? LOL....

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daniels was the D player of the game.

Rodgers comments after the game about how he wan't going to let the Vikings beat him was classic, very un-Favrelike.

I'm tired of mentioning Tramon Williams. He needs to SIT, no matter what his salary is. He angers me with his inattentiveness and lack of focus. He is two years too long for this team. House having to sit for him to play is senseless.

Dom Capers puts the team in a full prevent every time they are up 14 plus. Keep bringing it. I get sportsmanship, but Green Bay is more than three scores better than the Vikings are this year, so be it.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Studs
McCarthy and Rodgers. I liked their play call this game. Balanced attack. Nice mix with Lacy and Starks. Spread passes around. Screens. Going for it on 4th down. Running on 3rd and short. Unpredictable calling.

Bahtkiari. Just quietly doing his thing.

EDS. The announcers pointed him out a couple times doing good things.

Lacy. He was the Beast last night, not AP.

Daniels.

Hyde.

Duds
The refs. I don't like complaining about them, but that PI on Williams for TOUCHING Jennings was a joke. That call reveals how random some of these calls are.

Also, the Vikings OL were holding all night long. I saw jerseys being stretched several plays with no flags...

T. Williams. Time to sit him.

D Jones. Dumb penalty early on gave the Vikings a free score.

Crosby on kick offs? WTF Slocum?

Kickoff coverage, of course. Bush is back, though. He should start to help that unit out.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm tired of mentioning Tramon Williams. He needs to SIT, no matter what his salary is. He angers me with his inattentiveness and lack of focus. He is two years too long for this team. House having to sit for him to play is senseless.

Been saying that since 2nd game

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Crosby on kick offs? WTF Slocum?
Mason didnt do initial kick off

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=10731&is_corp=1
After that kickoff, the Packers went to kicker Mason Crosby instead of Masthay on kickoffs, and he never got to punt because the offense was so effective.

Asked if he was pulled off kickoffs because it was in some way his fault, Masthay said special teams coordinator Shawn Slocum wanted to kick directionally thereafter.

“Slocum likes Mason doing the directional kicking, Mason’s done that well, so I wasn’t surprised when the next kickoff went to Mason.”

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS

Rodgers made a throw to Jordy Nelson that still has me in awe. Laser sharp accurcy and ran when he had lanes. Got us in position to answer each time the Vikings showed signs of life.

Jordy Nelson. I don't care what anyone says, the best White wr in the NFL haha. He's also very capable of being a threat weekend week out.

Eddie Lacy. Just runs hard plain and simple. We've found our next Ahman Green without the fumbling issues of course.

Micah Hyde. Just a football player, if Lacy wasn't a Packer Hyde would be my rookie of the year.

MM. Called a solid game. Had the guy's ready to play.

O-line. I didn't here Allens name to much outside of trade rumors...solid in pass protect and run game.

Secondary. didn't really give Ponder to much.

Mike Daniels. Our best D-linemen at getting pressure. Needs more snaps.

DUDS

Tramon Williams. Why does he only get mentioned when it's a penalty nowadays? House is playing at a higher level and should seeing more time.

Johnathan Franklin. love him as a rb but not as a returner. With the depth we have in the secondary will Hyde soon take over kickoff return duties?

TT. Should have drafted Cordarelle Patterson like i said, Is still raw as a wr but has PLAYMAKER written all over him. His kickoff return made me cry cus he could be doing all this in a Packer uniform haha. Dhante Jones has had little to no impact thus far.. while Patterson is prolly headed to Hawaii as a return man.

Stephen Schneider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fault Williams for the penalties, but where was the safety help deep. Hyde looks so comfortable and natural returning punts, very heady for s rook.
Lastly, when is the D line going stop running past the pocket, leaving that up the middle alley for the QB to leak out. Stay home, stay home, stay home!!!!

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for the most part the whole team get pass marks imo

A couple of Rodgers passes to Nelson were wizzing past vikes def's heads they were so accurate, and of course Nelsons catches were top drawer.

again the running game made it's point, lacy was a beast, and starks had a few good runs late on, this is the first season we've been in the top 6 rushing since 2003!! wtf lol

the younsters in Boykin, Hyde, White etc... all come through with pass marks as well, good plays for them coming into an injury hit team

my only gripe was the ease in which the vikes got a couple of their TD's, we should have been going to annihilate them, especially after the defense were great last time out

was worth staying up til 3:30 this morning

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O-line stud worthy, run blocking

#12 making smart plays...nice attempt to get into the end-zone

Lacey...what else needs to be said? 2nd round pick and TT should continue to silence his stupid critics

Nelson and Boykin

2 for 2 on 4th down, and between 3 and 4th down conversions...the most in a packers game since 1970 (IIRC)

DUD:

a-rod giving time to let GJ spew his garbage after the game

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except for a couple of hiccups, I thought the Packers turned in a dominating performance last night.

My lone 'dud' has to go to the ref that called PI against Tramon late in the first half. Horrible call and it allowed the Vikings to score the late td and provided them a glimmer of hope. If he doesn't make that call, we're up 14 and the 8 minute drive to start the second half puts us up by 21.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were a lot of backups in there when the Vikes got their Garbage points.

Most has been said. Three things really pissed me off. Weak attempt to tackle AP at the end of the first half. C'mon Burnett!!! Dumb *** penalty on Datone Jones and the horrible call on Tramon the refs made.

Rodgers was damn near perfect last night. Lacy and Starks just punished the Vikes. Really liked The play of Hyde, Nelson, Daniels, and Boykin.

Oh and I hope Sherrod will soon be ready because Barclay cannot pass block. :(

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Comment on the refs. This is one where we got more calls or non-calls our way. I saw holding a few times on Bak against Allen. The one they did call on him was marginal. Few other times I was a bit surprised we didn't get a penalty. Stupid PI call not withstanding, we came out ahead on the bad calls.

As far as the studs go - I am thinking Daniels maybe took a step to impact player. He looks much bigger and stronger than last year, and he still has that quickness. 2 sacks + 2 TFL. That was an impact on limited snaps.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS

Rodgers made a throw to Jordy Nelson that still has me in awe. Laser sharp accurcy and ran when he had lanes. Got us in position to answer each time the Vikings showed signs of life.

Jordy Nelson. I don't care what anyone says, the best White wr in the NFL haha. He's also very capable of being a threat weekend week out.

Eddie Lacy. Just runs hard plain and simple. We've found our next Ahman Green without the fumbling issues of course.

Micah Hyde. Just a football player, if Lacy wasn't a Packer Hyde would be my rookie of the year.

MM. Called a solid game. Had the guy's ready to play.

O-line. I didn't here Allens name to much outside of trade rumors...solid in pass protect and run game.

Secondary. didn't really give Ponder to much.

Mike Daniels. Our best D-linemen at getting pressure. Needs more snaps.

DUDS

Tramon Williams. Why does he only get mentioned when it's a penalty nowadays? House is playing at a higher level and should seeing more time.

Johnathan Franklin. love him as a rb but not as a returner. With the depth we have in the secondary will Hyde soon take over kickoff return duties?

TT. Should have drafted Cordarelle Patterson like i said, Is still raw as a wr but has PLAYMAKER written all over him. His kickoff return made me cry cus he could be doing all this in a Packer uniform haha. Dhante Jones has had little to no impact thus far.. while Patterson is prolly headed to Hawaii as a return man.

C'mon, man. TT as a dud? Yeah, look at the Vikings, Rick Spielman is GM"ing circles around TT..ha.

Patterson has had almost no impact offensively -- special teams, yes. So TT is an idiot for not spending a first rounder on a kick returner? He was drafted to have a tremendous impact offensively, and while he hasn't, he's obviously still very raw as well.

TT has to look a little further down the road than you and I, so complaining about Datone's lack of impact 7 games into his career is silly. People thought it was a huge mistake when he drafted Cobb in the 2nd because they didn't need WR help at the time.

I find it unbelievable you'll still call TT a "dud" blaming him for Patterson and not giving props for Lacy, Hyde, Bahktiari (playing better than the top two picks in the draft), and other hidden talents like Lattimore, Shields, etc. We've got literally about one third of our total original starters missing due to injury and have STILL managed to find a rhythm and dominate teams.

All offseason you touted for trading for Revis, signing Steven Jackson, Dwight Freeney, Gruber....just an insane amount of love for signing big names and putting ourselves in salary cap hell. Of course you're a true Packer fan and yet you seem to have absolutely no awareness of what got us here in the first place. Yet even after proven wrong time and time again you still want to play armchair GM.

TT is one of the top GM's in the game. That's pretty well accepted not just by our own media but on a national level.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon, man. TT as a dud? Yeah, look at the Vikings, Rick Spielman is GM"ing circles around TT..ha.

Patterson has had almost no impact offensively -- special teams, yes. So TT is an idiot for not spending a first rounder on a kick returner? He was drafted to have a tremendous impact offensively, and while he hasn't, he's obviously still very raw as well.

TT has to look a little further down the road than you and I, so complaining about Datone's lack of impact 7 games into his career is silly. People thought it was a huge mistake when he drafted Cobb in the 2nd because they didn't need WR help at the time.

I find it unbelievable you'll still call TT a "dud" blaming him for Patterson and not giving props for Lacy, Hyde, Bahktiari (playing better than the top two picks in the draft), and other hidden talents like Lattimore, Shields, etc. We've got literally about one third of our total original starters missing due to injury and have STILL managed to find a rhythm and dominate teams.

All offseason you touted for trading for Revis, signing Steven Jackson, Dwight Freeney, Gruber....just an insane amount of love for signing big names and putting ourselves in salary cap hell. Of course you're a true Packer fan and yet you seem to have absolutely no awareness of what got us here in the first place. Yet even after proven wrong time and time again you still want to play armchair GM.

TT is one of the top GM's in the game. That's pretty well accepted not just by our own media but on a national level.

It was a joke man haha. Altho i am serious about wishing TT would have taken Patterson, wasn't joing about that part. He's had no impact on offense because 1 the qb is garbage, and two they don't know how to use the guy's explosive ability to help move the ball. In this offense and with rodgers he could put up Randy Moss type numbers. 98 Randy moss numbers that is.

Last edited:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
STUD: No major injuries. While thinking of it, I'd much rather give up garbage time points than a stupid injury.
Oh and Stud for Crosby didn't miss a single field goal.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams is rapidly becoming the new Finley. Nothing positive that he does is mentioned while all the focus goes to the negative. He had the costly PI penatly but he also had no help over the top (where's the outrage over the safety ******** up?). Other than that he allowed one completion in four balls thrown his way (better numbers than any other CB). For those upset that he didn't tackle AD, that means basically every defender in the NFL sucks. Now, I'm not saying that Williams has been great all season (or even earned his contract) but this was not one of his bad games.

Any list of studs needs to start with Mike Daniels and Lattimore. Those two were the best players on the field for the Packers' defense and I don't think it was particularly close, that's how well they played. On offense I think pretty much everyone could be deemed a stud but those that stood out to me were TJ Lang, Rodgers, Nelson, Boykin, Lacy and Starks.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Dud for a play: Hyde. He was the one that missed the tackle on the opening KOR. Of course he more than made up for it.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS

Dhante Jones hasn't made much of an impact for the Packers yet because he's a basketball player. Datone Jones though...

But seriously, Patterson looks like he may be a great playmaker on offense some day and already is pretty amazing on special teams. You read about his numbers and you assume he's a lot smaller than he is, but he's a big dude. Didn't do much on offense though and may end up being another Hester type guy who can't ever get the ball on offense if he doesn't get coached up properly. And lets wait and see on Datone Jones. He's been getting a much better rush the last few weeks and in the long run we may be really happy with the pick. Only time will tell.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts