10:00 PM Extension

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gene upshaw interviewed and said "there will be foot ball this year and next year, after that I don't know."

Reaction score
Extension is now officaly 11:30 est. time, and FA is scheduled to begin at 12:01 am Monday morning. If no deal is worked out, look for a HUGE talent pool to be available, and only a handful of teams, including Packers, with enough cap room to be players in the market.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
NFL | Agreement in principal reached; owners have to agree now
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 07:08:26 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports an agreement in principal has been reached in the NFL's labor talks, but now that agreement has to be agreed to by the NFL owners. The biggest hurdle to the agreement will be revenue sharing. As noted previously, the agreement will be presented at an owner's meeting in Dallas Tuesday, March 7.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of post time....
NFL.com says:
There was an early note of optimism as the executive committee of the NFL's Management Council. It came from an unlikely source: Dallas owner Jerry Jones, who has been strongly opposed to additional revenue sharing.

"My gut is we're going to come up with something, but it's still up in the air. It's going to be long and drawn out and tough."

"I'm not happy with the proposal. I didn't think that we would be entertaining the kinds of propositions that we got from the players. I'm not happy with it at all," he said.
How much more "long, drawn out, and tough" can it be?

I guess we will find out.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet another Jerry Jones quote.
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones walked up to a Dallas reporter Tuesday morning to make a point.

As those who cover the NFL have reported, there is a division between the high-revenue and low-revenue owners that has held up an agreement on a collective bargaining agreement extension. Jones, one of the league's wealthier owners in terms of generating revenue, made his point with a smile on his face.

"You aren't getting it right," Jones said, jokingly. "It's not the high-revenue owners taking away from the low-revenue owners. It's the low taking away from the high."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts