07 Packers vs 09 Packers

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we had the 2010 vs 96 thread but I personally love these two teams as much as any I have watched. Both broke my heart, 07 a little more than 09, but both were great teams that just didnt get it done in the playoffs. SO the question is, which team was better? and which team did you like better?

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
How about a thread for "Who will win in the battle of the postings?" Wood Chipper vs. ivo610.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
'07 team was set to roll and choked. I think they would have been a good match-up with the Patriots also but failed to get their ticket punched. '09 team was not quite ready for prime time yet.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Packers '07 would of won. Kind of have to think of Favrebowl 1 last season to reimburse my theory. I hate to say it too.

VBJunkie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we had the 2010 vs 96 thread but I personally love these two teams as much as any I have watched. Both broke my heart, 07 a little more than 09, but both were great teams that just didnt get it done in the playoffs. SO the question is, which team was better? and which team did you like better?

This all depends on whether Al Harris is injured or not for this matchup.

The 07 defense would have Tramon as a minor player and Woodson playing #1 corner.

The 09 defense would have the emerging Tramon as a nickle DB if Al Harris is healthy. Of the two... I think that's harder squad to throw on.

With the careful Rodgers of 09 throwing vs. the 'Ole Gunslinger' working against a 3-4 defense. I think Matthews gets pressure against the 07 OLine and I think you win the turnover war with the 09 squad.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This all depends on whether Al Harris is injured or not for this matchup.

The 07 defense would have Tramon as a minor player and Woodson playing #1 corner.

The 09 defense would have the emerging Tramon as a nickle DB if Al Harris is healthy. Of the two... I think that's harder squad to throw on.

With the careful Rodgers of 09 throwing vs. the 'Ole Gunslinger' working against a 3-4 defense. I think Matthews gets pressure against the 07 OLine and I think you win the turnover war with the 09 squad.
You gotta take the teams as they were, with injuries and current ability and everything.

Personally, I would take the 07, the ST and D were better. But then again, it all depends if Favre decides to screw everybody and just have fun out there. If that's the case, 09 wins.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2007 team was a favorite to represent the NFC in the Superbowl. They would have given the Patriots a great game and have a chance to win. The 2009 had some holes that 2010 filled or made better to say the least. I don't think the 2009 would have won in New Orleans honestly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts