06 Season

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am so freaking excited.

Ok, so now that the draft is over and things are starting to shape up. What do you guys think the packers record will be. Im going with a 11-5.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get ready to laugh because I thought our :

- Free Agency period should be graded around a C and our
- Draft at best a B but :

We were only a 4 and 12 team on paper last year due to injuries, some bad luck etc ( they were almost all very close games even with the injuries ).

Bottom Line :

-Barring a massive amount of injuries like last year
-IF we play at the SAME intensity
-because of the easier schedule
-because our D should be better
-because we should have a consistant running game this year
-And Brett is back but won't have to put up as many points
( get ready to laugh ) I think we have a shot at the NFC !!!

At 30-1 I will be wagering a C note or two !!! :wink:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am excited about next season. Of course, every fan of every team (except the bears, apparently) are excited the day after the draft. I wish we could add one more playmaker on offense and a kicker. How our offensive line comes together will determine our fate, and possibly whether Brett comes back for that run at a Super Bowl.

I just hope that if we go 6-10 everybody doesn't turn on McCarthy. I can hear it now. "TT gave you everything you needed and you sucked".

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I am excited about next season. Of course, every fan of every team (except the bears, apparently) are excited the day after the draft. I wish we could add one more playmaker on offense and a kicker. How our offensive line comes together will determine our fate, and possibly whether Brett comes back for that run at a Super Bowl.

I just hope that if we go 6-10 everybody doesn't turn on McCarthy. I can hear it now. "TT gave you everything you needed and you sucked".

DePack,

P@ck66 is HOPING for a 6-10 season so he can have more bash power.

But seriously, Though we look good in theory, how long will these players be Packers?

How many will sign on the dotted line in the first place?

I don't know but I am now beginning sound like P@ck66...

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Martin Nance WR 6'5" / 210lbs

40-Yard Dash: 4.50

Positives:

Ideal combination of size and speed, Martin Nance has a tall frame with good hands. He is a precise route runner and always a big play threat downfield. Nance is an amazing athlete with great ability to make the catch in traffic. He has a lot of potential that has yet to be utilized.

Negatives:

Nance has yet to be truly effective without Ben Roethlisberger at the helm. He is coming off a torn ACL injury that kept him out all of 2004. Nance has decent speed, but doesn’t have a good burst off the line and won’t be able to fake out many NFL defenders.

Overview:
Martin Nance looked like a first-round prospect his sophomore year, but because of injury and offensive woes for Miami of Ohio, Nance’s stock has fallen quite a bit. He has all the skills that can’t be taught such as size and speed, but needs to get a better grasp on the intangibles of the position. With the right coaching, Nance could become a very effective receiver at the next level.

This guy was not drafted..

OP
OP
G

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
DePack said:

DePack,

P@ck66 is HOPING for a 6-10 season so he can have more bash power.

But seriously, Though we look good in theory, how long will these players be Packers?

How many will sign on the dotted line in the first place?

I don't know but I am now beginning sound like P@ck66...

It could be 6-10. It really could be anything. Last year it could have been good and we ended up 4-12 because of injuries. The way things are shaping out though, we should have a good year. although you always have to expect the unexpected.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could be 6-10,8-8,10-6

the team itself is starting to pan out to what it will be in september, and THAT looks really good so far.

the coaches however, are another story. The only thing I can say is MM can not be as bad as Sherman.

It took sherman 10 weeks to figure out Klemm sucks at guard. MM is putting him at tackle at his natural position(backup of course) before camps even start.

Also, the word "Creative" is thrown around a lot regarding our offensive coordinator and MM.

So...its about the coaches pretty soon...and i like to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I will be watching preseason game #1 VERY closely.

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will have to wait and see what else we do during training camp & pre-season. I hope we get a couple of undrafted FAs (Martin Nance, DonTrell Moore/Gerrald Riggs, & another K) and I also hope we can make another couple additions after teams make their cuts in June.

BUT, my guess now is from 6-10 to 10-6 (making the playoffs). I am keeping my fingers crossed for playoffs, for Brett & everyone else for that matter, but I just want Brett to go out a winner.

**Last year was pathetic. BUT even with all the injuries and poor play we could of easily been 9-7, considering we did lose 5 games by 3 or less points. So the playoffs might not be out of the question this year because I feel like we have improved very much so compared to last season, & there is no way we will be plagued by injuries as we were last year. :::knock on wood:::

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Get ready to laugh because I thought our :

- Free Agency period should be graded around a C and our
- Draft at best a B but :

We were only a 4 and 12 team on paper last year due to injuries, some bad luck etc ( they were almost all very close games even with the injuries ).

Bottom Line :

-Barring a massive amount of injuries like last year
-IF we play at the SAME intensity
-because of the easier schedule
-because our D should be better
-because we should have a consistant running game this year
-And Brett is back but won't have to put up as many points
( get ready to laugh ) I think we have a shot at the NFC !!!

At 30-1 I will be wagering a C note or two !!! :wink:

I really think I can convert you to a TT-supporter. I understand everything you say, and why you feel that way.

You mentioned our injuries last year. Yeah, very true. But we also had NO money in free agency(thanks sherm) and we lost FIVE(5) games by THREE(3) points or LESS.

We are not a 4-12 team. Thats what our record was, but the team is not 4-12. Especially not after the additions of Pickett and Woodson..and that AWESOME draft where every weakness was addressed.

we easilly coulda been 9-7 last year. And that 9-7 team of last year...just got a lot better.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have some offensive issues to address before i would start predicting double digit wins. lets not forget we have to implement an entirely new offensive scheme guys...it might be hard for us to "hit the ground running" so to speak.

we do have an upcoming schedule reflective of a 4-12 season though, that does give me some optimism.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts