Vikings “Bountygate” possibly taints Saints’ Super Bowl win

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The NFL’s investigation regarding the use by the Saints of a bounty program began after a Super Bowl run that featured big hits on Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner and Vikings quarterback Brett Favre. “Our investigation began in early 2010 when allegations were first made that Saints players had targeted opposing players, including Kurt Warner of…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I opened up a new thread on my phone before I saw yours. Would've commented what I wrote instead of opening a new thread. Went to delete but didn't see a delete button just edit.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now which is the bigger wrong? The Pats cheating or the Saints trying to do bodily damage on purpose? Me personally,I believe it's the latter of the two. They could've ended someone's career. Had I been playing them & got a career ending hit I would sue the Saints org.

Reaction score
So now which is the bigger wrong? The Pats cheating or the Saints trying to do bodily damage on purpose? Me personally,I believe it's the latter of the two. They could've ended someone's career. Had I been playing them & got a career ending hit I would sue the Saints org.
Both are equally wrong in their own way.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Williams pretty much did end someone's career or shorten it/hurt it. Peyton Manning.

The Skins D in 2006 almost ripped Peyton in half twice and Dungy said his neck problems started in that game.

:(

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The quality of a persons life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence,reguardless of their chosen field of endeavor.- Vince Lombardi

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Both are equally wrong in their own way.

Oof. Gotta respectfully disagree. Belichick was guilty of following the letter of the NFL rule book and ignoring a memo regarding where in a stadium he could legally capture video from, as I understand it. How that is as bad as paying money to seriously hurt someone is beyond me...but I'm willing to try to understand your reasoning.

You should check out the Saints forums. The primary concern for many - I mean MANY - is "who the snitch is". I would be mortified if I found out the Packers were doing this. And I'd like to know, since "everybody does it" is a popular meme with some players tonight. Is that true? I would be aghast.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Oof. Gotta respectfully disagree. Belichick was guilty of following the letter of the NFL rule book and ignoring a memo regarding where in a stadium he could legally capture video from, as I understand it. How that is as bad as paying money to seriously hurt someone is beyond me...but I'm willing to try to understand your reasoning.

You should check out the Saints forums. The primary concern for many - I mean MANY - is "who the snitch is". I would be mortified if I found out the Packers were doing this. And I'd like to know, since "everybody does it" is a popular meme with some players tonight. Is that true? I would be aghast.

I took a quick peek over there myself.

This quote kinda made me sick to my stomach.
Maybe somebody just wasn't cool with a bounty system that offered bounties for "cart off" type of injuries (ACLs, Broken Legs, Neck injuries, etc). According to Peter King, the Saints SPECIFICALLY had a bounty for players who can hurt opposing players so bad that they had to be "carted off the field."

Does not wanting to participate in that depth of depravity make you a snitch? I'm sure someone told the NFLPA or someone in the Front-Office -- which is what you are supposed to do right?

Reaction score

I agree. I meant equally bad by NFL rule standards. Nothing is worse thought then trying to hurt a player to end his career and affect the rest of his life.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are you suggesting?
Separated at birth?
Peyton is a patsy?
Look a-likes?

If it's Look a-likes then I wanna play!
Here's my entry.
(Actually for a second I thought Sean Peyton was Joe Montana who I have below.)

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has no part in the game..... It was continued this past season. Local news story here brought up late hits out of bounds.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I do believe they should lose some picks and the fine/suspension should be extreme, to me this doesn't "taint" there SB win. They won the game regardless of what was motivating them.

KanataPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why haven't we heard from the Players Union on this? Any self-respecting union would boot these guys involved out of their membership. I'm not a union guy at all, but I do believe that the health and safety of their membership should be their primary focus.

I'm extremely disappointed as the Saints are my wife's team so a team I would pull for them when the Pack weren't involved.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think it taints their SB win then the NFL should look at the Syeelers & the Ravens. When they play they hit like there's a bounty out on people but how do you know unless someone breaks the code of silence. Otherwise it's just a hard hit(hopefully legal). Lord knows I don't like to see players injured but thats football & they know going in what it consist of. If I remember correctly it was either Suggs or Ward that made a comment like that. Heck Ward even called out Big Ben when he missed a game b/c of an injury or concussion

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Read this on another forum and well....color me interested.

Boomer Esiason from Twitter.......
"Saints bounty issue only going 2 get worse. When further details emerge people will b stunned with who put $ in the fund"

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What color would interested be? Turns out I'm that same color

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I can't use this as an excuse AT ALL for why the Colts lost the SB. I felt it was a clean game. I don't remember Peyton getting drilled. Freeney was already hurt.

It is not like how Rams fans might have felt later when they heard about spygate.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There is no comparison. This is far worse than Spygate, and just because other teams do it doesn' make it any better.

Whistleblowers always get the hate. It's the lovely consequence of trying to act in an ethical way.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints should get a reward for trying to injure Favre when he was a Viking.
I think the interception was enough of a reward.

Even if I had known about the motivation and intention to hurt Favre, I wouldn't have rooted for the Saints and I still wouldn't have pulled for the Vikings.
But now I'm not happy hearing about this.
It's true.
Ignorance really is bliss.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is getting worse by the day. 3 Buffalo Bills players have come out and spoken openly about Williams' bounty system when he was there. Coy Wire's comment about shattering a RB's shoulder is particularly damning.

I'm thinking that Williams could be permanently banned from the NFL, or at least suspended for the entire season next year, which would in effect mean the end of his NFL career as a coach.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts